Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Help Needed For My Camry 2006 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed For My Camry 2006 (1846 Views)

Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? / See What I Did To My Camry / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by MrFinbarr(m): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2018
Greetings auto gurus in the house. I did a routine scan on my car today. Even though no error code was thrown and the check engine light is off, something struck my attenation with the scan.

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm confused about.
NB: I've always been skeptical about my fuel consumption rate.

Cc: Gazzuzz
Nurey
CityNGR
radautoworks

Please gurus, I need your candid explanations and advice.

Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by captainking(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
Those seem like the sensors in ur car.. And it seems some ain't there.. Confirm if your check engine light Comes on at first ignition... It's the same with the pics I posted..

Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by MrFinbarr(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2018
captainking:
Those seem like the sensors in ur car.. And it seems some ain't there.. Confirm if your check engine light Comes on at first ignition... It's the same with the pics I posted..

Yes my check engine light comes on at first ignition.

None of these sensors seems to be missing though. I already changed two Oxygen sensors within the fast few months and the catalyst that stays near the exhaust.
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by nurey(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
MrFinbarr:
Greetings auto gurus in the house. I did a routine scan on my car today. Even though no error code was thrown and the check engine light is off, something struck my attenation with the scan.

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm confused about.
NB: I've always been skeptical about my fuel consumption

Please gurus, I need your candid explanations and advice.

clear Error codes scan car if no error drive for 50km scan again if no error you move to next stage

livestream data reading if you are technical you can deduce some anomaly from the live data if you aren't too technical like me grin manage the car or pay for the services of a technician.

from your pix it seems you used a low grade ordinary basic scan tool tongue so the error you are seeing means for the ICT guys syntax error in lay man's term the scanner doesn't have the administrative capacity to run those systems in ordinary term the scanner no get master key to open the gate.

by the way I like that highlander is that not ox blood? or is it red wine colour? use am sow seed in my life nah tongue
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by MrFinbarr(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
nurey:

clear Error codes scan car if no error drive for 50km scan again if no error you move to next stage

livestream data reading if you are technical you can deduce some anomaly from the live data if you aren't too technical like me grin manage the car or pay for the services of a technician.

from your pix it seems you used a low grade ordinary basic scan tool tongue so the error you are seeing means for the ICT guys syntax error in lay man's term the scanner doesn't have the administrative capacity to run those systems in ordinary term the scanner no get master key to open the gate.

by the way I like that highlander is that not ox blood? or is it red wine colour? use am sow seed in my life nah tongue

Lol....

It's wine color Highlander Sir.
And no, I'm not too technical and live stream scanning isn't obtainable around my area.

I guess that's end of the road for this matter. cry
nurey:

Lol....

It's wine color Highlander Sir.
And no, I'm not too technical and live stream scanning isn't obtainable around my area.

I guess that's end of the road for this matter.
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by autologic: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
@op
What your scan tool display is basically routine self -test of emissions system that is performed by the car obd management system based on the system drive circle .,you can't make any analysis from this scanty information .Making analysis on vehicle health status is a professional act which depend largely on quantity and quality of data gathered by the techie and ability of the techie to make sense out of information. Such information includes car repair history ,maintance history ,customer complaints ,scan DTC ,live data ,actuation test ,multimeter readings ,scope signals ,odd noise ,other tools data ,data from manufacturer documentation,physical inspections etc.
It is even wrong and unprofessional making diagnosis based on mere scan codes cos it Is just a single information out of other hundreds of information waiting to be retrieved .Diagnosis analysis is much more than retrieving scan codes which is what is common around here .
So I will advice that you look for a recommended technician to do a proper check up on your car
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by MrFinbarr(m): 12:27am On Nov 30, 2018
autologic:
@op
What your scan tool display is basically routine self -test of emissions system that is performed by the car obd management system based on the system drive circle .,you can't make any analysis from this scanty information .Making analysis on vehicle health status is a professional act which depend largely on quantity and quality of data gathered by the techie and ability of the techie to make sense out of information. Such information includes car repair history ,maintance history ,customer complaints ,scan DTC ,live data ,actuation test ,multimeter readings ,scope signals ,odd noise ,other tools data ,data from manufacturer documentation,physical inspections etc.
It is even wrong and unprofessional making diagnosis based on mere scan codes cos it Is just a single information out of other hundreds of information waiting to be retrieved .Diagnosis analysis is much more than retrieving scan codes which is what is common around here .
So I will advice that you look for a recommended technician to do a proper check up on your car

Bros, this grammar plenty oo
I already said that this is what is obtainable in my area of residence. I wish I can get something better than this.
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by autologic: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2018
MrFinbarr:

I already said that this is what is obtainable in my area of residence. I wish I can get something better than this.
If you are in Lagos ,you can book appointment with us within next week and we can offer u free diagnosis on the powertrain system only .
(Deadline 4th December )
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by MrFinbarr(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
autologic:

If you are in Lagos ,you can book appointment with us within next week and we can offer u free diagnosis on the powertrain system only .
(Deadline 4th December )

Unfortunately, I stay down East.
Owerri precisely.
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by CityNGR: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2018
MrFinbarr:

Unfortunately, I stay down East.
Owerri precisely.
There are guys down there too.
Ask Gazzuzz
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by MrFinbarr(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2018
CityNGR:
There are guys down there too. Ask Gazzuzz
Oga Gazzuzz, they said I should ask you!!!
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by lacicrips(m): 6:08am On Dec 03, 2018
MrFinbarr:

He relies on Google. Cut & paste.
Re: Help Needed For My Camry 2006 by sultaan(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2018
It seems you had reset the CEL so it is showing incomplete on the cycles because it has not run enough to determine if the initial problem still exist.

You will have to drive for around 100 miles for the cyle to complete

(1) (Reply)

What’s Wrong With This Picture? / How Much To Renew Car Papers? / Suv Or Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.