Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church (8773 Views)

Driver Kills Woman At Cele Bus-Stop, Lagos On Her Way To Work (Graphic Photo) / Man Stabbed At Cele Bus-stop, Egbeda (Photos) / Nigerian 'Cele' Pastor In Us Arrested For Beating, Robbing & Raping Ladies(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by massach79: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2010
A 54-year-old prophet / founder of Celestial Church of Christ, CCC, Messiah Parish, Meiran, a suburb of Lagos, Prophet Olusola Oluwatuyi, was Tuesday afternoon, shot dead in his church during a meeting with a man, alleged to be a retired Police officer.

According to eye witnesses, the deceased, fondly called, Messiah by his members had informed the church’s shepherd Evangelist, Ojelade Oludayo of his meeting with the retired officer and one Mr. Olaifa and warned that he does not want to be disturbed.

It was reported that Olaifa was the first to exit the meeting, leaving the retired Commissioner and the cleric behind.

Not quite long after Olaifa left the said meeting, the sound of a gun shot was heard as the retired officer was seen hurrying out of the premises. But when members rushed to the scene, they found Messiah in a pool of his own blood.

An eye witness, Mrs. Titilayo Awofisayo said she was washing her clothes, in the church premises when she suddenly heard the gun shot.

‘’Our founder, Mr. Olaifa and a retired ACP held a meeting for two hours. Mr. Olaifa was the first person to leave while our founder and the ACP remained upstairs. Suddenly, I heard a gun shot but I never knew where it came from. As I was wondering about this, the retired Police officer came downstairs with his two hands in his pocket demanding that I should accompany him to a nearby hospital but, I told him I was not properly dressed and I called another member of the church, Jide Oguntola to accompany him. I was restless till they came back and I asked him if there was something wrong and he kept saying, ‘Messiah is my son’.

Immediately, I ran upstairs to see what happened but found our founder lying in a pool of his blood with a double barrel riffle and a revolver carefully placed on the table. I also found his two phones, office and car keys in the office.

Out of curiousity, I asked him what has happened and he responded that Prince (our founder) was fidgeting with the gun when it exploded.

Immediatly, I ran outside to alert other people who also rushed to the scene but to my astonishment, the ACP had escaped after he told the sympathisers he was going to invite the Police.

I pursued him and found him by his car as he told me he wanted to go and call the Police . But out of annoyance, I dragged him to the church so he can explain what transpired between him and Prince (our founder). “

The said retired officer has been arrestd by the police and taken to the Criminal Investigative Division, Panti in Lagos.

Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2010
Prophet bit off more than he could chew shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by jamace(m): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2010
Prophet of those days put their lives and security in the hands of the creator. But our present day prophets arm themselves with charms, ammulets and guns for protection. Na wa o, False prohets! angry
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by DisGuy: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2010
how come they keep addressing him by his position or former position and not his name,
they don't know his name or they only know him as a former commissioner
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by goscharis: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2010
this is indeed a sad event. i think the so called ex is not saying the truth.
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by bisiaet: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
Why do people still refetred to him as ACF ex police officer, ex commoissioner is all these his name and his surname? Pls we have his real name.
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Okijajuju1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
Kuru Mmri do re ti do (jingling bells)
Angel Micheal is carrier - Holy (jingling bells)
Angel Gabriel is carrier - Holy

I will wait to hear the outcome of this news.

Meanwhile, rest in peace Prophet Leader Olusola Oluwatuyi. You will be greatly missed by your congregation.

May the lord whom you served grant you rest. Orukwo Jesu!! Amin!! - Holy!!
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by jokingmary(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
cry
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Ranoscky(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Okija juju

Hehehe. . . may god help u o! grin
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by adexchamp(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
Well you never can tell maybe the said retired police officer and the slain prophet are arguing over church donations that are even meant to be shared among them,because the way churches are expanding for this our obodo Nigeria is awesome, they've turned in to business centres, Good ridance to bad rubbish!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Ranoscky(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^

i think u'r makin a ponit dia!

what in Mother of God sake would make a retired police officer kill a man of God if not for biz transaction?
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by sayso: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
See blood!!!!!!
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by r231(m): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2010
this is serious
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Ranoscky(m): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2010
Na devil fault!
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by massach79: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2010
hell is let loose already, however, The Lord is my shepheard I shall not want

He maketh me to lie down ,
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
"He that killed by sword; shall die by SWORD"
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
"He that killed by sword; shall die by SWORD"
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
Yesu! Oluwa wa!! Amin! Amin!! Aminooooo!!!!!!!!
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by softgirl1: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hum this is misterious there most be somthing between this prophet and the said police man,
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Ultrame(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2010
greateros:

Yesu! Oluwa wa!! Amin! Amin!! Aminooooo!!!!!!!!

^^^
Bloody Clown grin
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by agho07: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2010
this is very very sad news, how can some one be so this heartless and wicked? those that kills by the sword shall also die by it. he will meet his own waterlo.
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by whiteroses(f): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2010
i bet no one is getting arrested and they only further investigation that will be done is if the money for elubo and cow for funral money is being spent wisely or not tongue
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Ranoscky(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
shocked shocked shocked Elijah!!! shocked Holy! HOLY!! HOLY!!!
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by sulad82i(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by Acidosis(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2010
Jah Eli Jah. . .
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by lemmycop: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
It's a pity ! sad
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by BluMalam(m): 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2010
_When MAN decides to call himself MESSIAH, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by mrlaconic: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Jah,jehovah emmanuel! Holy,holy,holy, silence in d house, touch nt my anointed and do my prophet no harm.But make una wait o,why d guy declare himself messiah,shebi im na god
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by HAH: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
The truth of the matter is that the policeman actually sells guns and the pastor was to buy one from the policeman while the pastor was checking the gun mistakenly fired , this is from a reliable source
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by r231(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
I guess all the pple dat see vision in dat church didn't see dis coming
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by mamagee3(f): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2010
What the heck!

That's evil

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Cele Prophet Killed Inside Own Church by shotster50(m): 1:28am On Jul 30, 2010
Thers probably more to this than meets the eye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Okays 10years Sentence For Trigger Happy Cop / India Tea Workers Burn Boss To Death / Police Rescue 7 Abducted Travelers In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.