Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary (535 Views)

Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Mbaka / Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Fr. Mbaka / There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by mazaje(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2010
A Florida church with "Islam is of the devil" signs in its front lawn plans to host an "International Burn A Quran Day," on the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks this year.

The Dove World Outreach Center, a non-denominational church in Gainesville, has marked the date in previous years with protests against Islam. The church holds protests on other issues, such as homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and abortion.

Pastor Terry Jones said members of the church plan to be at the Gainesville City Hall on Aug. 2 to protest the election of the city's openly gay mayor. Church-state groups had previously accused the church of illegal politicking for its "No Homo Mayor" signs.

Jones, who is also the author of a book titled "Islam is of the Devil," said protests are key to the mission of his church.

"We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn," said Jones.
The goal of these and other protests are to give Muslims an opportunity to convert, he said

http://pewforum.org/Religion-News/Fla-church-plans-to-burn-Qurans-on-9-11-anniversary.aspx

So, targeting Muslims for an extra-special display of hatred and desecrating the Koran will make Muslims want to become Christians . . .I’ll like to go there and burn some bibles myself. . . . .When they confront me i'll say that, as an atheist, it is my duty to warn against the wasting of the only existence we have by following outdated nonsensical beliefs that were created by men.

What ever happened to the "you have to respect our beliefs" mantra they love talking about.
Re: Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by mazaje(m): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
I just hope that the crazy and deluded muslims in northern Nigeria will not go around burning people and killing them as usual when these deluded folks carry out their stupid plan in the USA, come september 11 2010. . .
Re: Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by vescucci(m): 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
This would have been funny if I didn't know the power of religious fanaticism. That Church is being irresponsible because if the press gets wind of this and broadcast it (the press is THAT stupid) other religious fanatics might not stop at simply burning bibles too. I hope this doesn't happen
Re: Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by manmustwac(m): 12:07am On Jul 30, 2010
why can't they just pray for thier souls {like good christians} instead? Bloody hypocrites angry
Re: Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by TheClown: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2010
Yes!!! I can hear Christians condemning wrong and hypocritical intentions of fellow Christians!

(No one is defending them and quoting ancient similar incidences from the long course of Islamic history to, "though not justify" (but obviously giving it credence) but,,,,,,,,,,,,)

What is wrong is wrong, if they try that, they would be calling on God's wrath and I know no Christian would support them and God help Christians in northern Nigeria.
Re: Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by Tudor6(f): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
Florida eh?
I'd sure like to be there lol
Re: Fla. Church Plans To Burn Qurans On 9/11 Anniversary by thehomer: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
That's interesting. I wonder, are they going to use the money from tithes and offerings to buy Qurans then proceed to burn them? This looks like a broken window fallacy variant in action only that it benefits Quran printers.

(1) (Reply)

Stunning! How Tb Joshua Saw Super-eagles Stalemate / Sprat Society For Promoting Rationality |society Rationality | Rationale | Ratio / Our Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.