Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover (2104 Views)

Turkish Airlines Suspends Flights To Nigeria Over COVID-19 / FG Suspends Turkish Airlines Operations In Nigeria / Air Peace, Emirates, Turkish Airlines To Launch Flights From Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by bameyi(m): 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hi guys am thinking of flying Turkish airlines from Atlanta to Abuja or Lagos. My question is that the 23 hours layover will the airline put you in a hotel or you will have to get your own hotel during that time frame. Thanks for you input /advise.
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by Houseofglam7(f): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
bameyi:
Hi guys am thinking of flying Turkish airlines from Atlanta to Abuja or Lagos. My question is that the 23 hours layover will the airline put you in a hotel or you will have to get your own hotel during that time frame. Thanks for you input /advise.
Sorry sir, no one can help you unless God.

Me thinks you'll wait at the airport tho.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by Beautyaddy: 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
bameyi:

Why don't you call the airline to get better information about their layover protocols?
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by Ekitibiased(m): 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2018
It's a familiar route......longer stop over when returning home. There is an arrangement for transit passengers, but you will have to ask the Turkish airline officials at the transit desk. It's like a hostel arrangement, just to rest for some hours.
You are also entitled to a meal ticket with which you can get a very nice package depending on your choice. It's a common practice for people to sleep off or get busy and miss their flights, you would pay more to be placed on the next available flight to your destination
Not sure of hotels around the ataturk airport but I remember some people applied for short term visa at the airport to gain entry into the city......not realistic for a 23 hr stop over though
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by bameyi(m): 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
Thanks guys I know I will get help / info when I post on this site. Keep the info coming will help me make my decision. And how do they treat passenger on board. I've always patronize Delta but am divorcing them and taken my business elsewhere.
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by Lexusgs430: 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
bameyi:
Thanks guys I know I will get help / info when I post on this site. Keep the info coming will help me make my decision. And how do they treat passenger on board. I've always patronize Delta but am divorcing them and taken my business elsewhere.

If you book a flight intentionally with such long stops, the onus is on you to cater for yourself. If it's a delay caused by the airline, they are legally obligated to provide for your needs......

A transit visa might come in handy or else, be prepared to sleep, eat, brush, bath, shi.t and shower using airport facilities....
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by yusfaith78(m): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2018
I dont think the airline will provide any accommodation. I had same issue when i was come from Paris, i had to get turkish visa at the airport and spent my time in the city. They have nice and cheap hotel in Istanbul

1 Like

Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by bameyi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2018
yusfaith78:
I dont think the airline will provide any accommodation. I had same issue when i was come from Paris, i had to get turkish visa at the airport and spent my time in the city. They have nice and cheap hotel in Istanbul
Thanks for your input
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by deybholar(f): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2018
Turkish airlines provides hotel accommodation for long layover (from 10hrs ) but you would need to have a Turkish visa which you can get at Istanbul airport for $50. If you are not interested in paying that much, they have a resting room within the airport for transit passengers. There is no bathroom as the resting room is like a hostel but you can sleep comfortably. They also provide a meal ticket for you. There's also a hotel right inside the airport (TAAV AIRPORT HOTEL) but be prepared to spend at least £300 as they charge hourly.

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by thiagoteres(m): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2018
deybholar:
Turkish airlines provides hotel accommodation for long layover (from 10hrs ) but you would need to have a Turkish visa which you can get at Istanbul airport for $50. If you are not interested in paying that much, they have a resting room within the airport for transit passengers. There is no bathroom as the resting room is like a hostel but you can sleep comfortably. They also provide a meal ticket for you. There's also a hotel right inside the airport (TAAV AIRPORT HOTEL) but be prepared to spend at least £300 as they charge hourly.

Detailed advice.
Re: Turkish Airlines 23hrs Layover by bameyi(m): 2:02am On Dec 03, 2018
thiagoteres:

Detailed advice.
Question brought to rest appreciate that very much

(1) (Reply)

Any Agent Promising You Canada Visa Is A Scam. / Is Virgin Nigeria Fraudulent? I Cant Understand Their New Tactics / Visa Refusal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.