Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? (1265 Views)

Smart Home And Home Automation - How Did You Get Started? / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. / How Did You Learn Javascript? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by Aybee92(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
Today i reconnected with some of my secondary school mates, we took pictures and one of them who is not my Facebook uploaded some of the pictures on Facebook, to my surprise Facebook sent me a notification that someone uploaded a picture that I might be in with a pox on my face indicating that I was recognized.

How did Facebook know that I was the one on the picture since the person that uploaded the them is not my Facebook friend and I wasn't tagged?
Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by Howmon: 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2018
There is an SDK for facial recognition.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by best8217(m): 8:27am On Dec 02, 2018
Aybee92:
Today i reconnected with some of my secondary school mates, we took pictures and one of them who is not my Facebook uploaded some of the pictures on Facebook, to my surprise Facebook sent me a notification that someone uploaded a picture that I might be in with a pox on my face indicating that I was recognized.

How did Facebook know that I was the one on the picture since the person that uploaded the them is not my Facebook friend and I wasn't tagged?
Contact Facebook support to know more about that man
Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by micodon(m): 8:32am On Dec 02, 2018
facial recognition software
Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by Olalekank(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2018
Machine Learning. Facial Recognition to be precise.

Since you have uploaded pictures before and facial recognition softwares can predict you to a high degree of accuracy, it can link pictures other people have uploaded to pictures you have uploaded hence notifying you.

I also didn't know they had the feature until same happened to me some months ago

1 Like

Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by YorubaEmir: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2018
Facial recognition. The feature has been there for over a year

1 Like

Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by meobizy(f): 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2018
Facebook now has facial recognition? That is dope!
I always assumed it was a name match. Some people also tag pictures with your name regardless of you being on Facebook or not.
Re: How Did Facebook Recognized Me???? by Olalekank(m): 1:05am On Dec 14, 2018
meobizy:
Facebook now has facial recognition? That is dope!
I always assumed it was a name match. Some people also tag pictures with your name regardless of you being on Facebook or not.
Loll
This is 2018, if Facebook doesn't have it? Who will?

(1) (Reply)

HTML/CSS Design / How Does Airtime And Bills Payment Apis Work For Fintechs Integration? / Work For Programmers.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.