Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Painful Growth At The Back Of My Neck (Graphic Photo) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Painful Growth At The Back Of My Neck (Graphic Photo) (51974 Views)

Help Out Oral Infection Graphic Photo / Surgery Gone Wrong: Dr Anu Gave Me An Infection - Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo) / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Painful Growth At The Back Of My Neck (Graphic Photo) by clintino700(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
I don't understand the last part Pls
tempest01:

You are prone to Keliod scar formation, and so is everyone in your family as it is genetic. My advice to you is that you DONT do anything that will cease a lession on your head.

Don't worry about that scar on your head, trying to make it go away will increase it. Barb your hair in places where the clipper is sharp or buy a personal clipper and let them sharpen the blade.

Be comfortable with your scar knowing that it could be worse. And it will be, if you disturb it.
Re: Painful Growth At The Back Of My Neck (Graphic Photo) by tempest01(m): 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
clintino700:
I don't understand the last part Pls

The last part just says you should be comfortable with your scar, if it is not too big. If you do anything to disturb it, it might get worse.

I would advise you meet with a cosmetic surgeon. There is a treatment to reduce the scar. It will involves an injection with a mixture (steriod and immune response modifier) and also a topical cream, which would help in reducing excessive immune system response to the scar, which is what causes the scar in the first place.

Key thing is do not resort to self treatment, or cause trauma to the scar trust me it only gets worse if you do.
From your picture, i will say you should not be concerned about the scar, it is insignificant.

1 Like

Re: Painful Growth At The Back Of My Neck (Graphic Photo) by clintino700(m): 7:04am On Jan 08, 2019
Thank you
tempest01:

The last part just says you should be comfortable with your scar, if it is not too big. If you do anything to disturb it, it might get worse.

I would advise you meet with a cosmetic surgeon. There is a treatment to reduce the scar. It will involves an injection with a mixture (steriod and immune response modifier) and also a topical cream, which would help in reducing excessive immune system response to the scar, which is what causes the scar in the first place.

Key thing is do not resort to self treatment, or cause trauma to the scar trust me it only gets worse if you do.
From your picture, i will say you should not be concerned about the scar, it is insignificant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Cure Premature expulsion And Satisfy Your Wife / Unbelievable Cure For Keloid/bumps / 745 New Covid-19 Cases, 340 Discharged And 6 Deaths On June 18 - (2542 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.