Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. (713 Views)

Pocket Wifi Is Not Charging / Please Help! My Samsung Galaxy S8 Not Charging (pics) / Where Can I Fix Samsung S8 Plus Screen And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by vernalsage(m): 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
I need help with my S8+ which has suddenly stopped charging.
It doesn't charge with either cable or wireless so it's not the charging port.
It shows "charging" when plugged in but the battery depletes rather than going up.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by SenorFax(m): 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
Factory reset the phone.
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by vernalsage(m): 12:18am On Dec 03, 2018
it's completely discharged...won't come on at all now.
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by adecamp(m): 12:40am On Dec 03, 2018
Take it to computer village. Na small issue of like 1k.
They will solder the charging port panel or change everything for around 3,500
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by gstuntzng: 2:39am On Dec 03, 2018
Same happened to mine and till now , they are unable to know why or fix it.. if your fone comes with warranty,take it to Samsung office now . They will check or change the phone . It started with mine all of a sudden and no warranty and they kept saying I should be patient for months till now
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by stanley000: 2:45am On Dec 03, 2018
Na wa o, the so called almighty Samsung? iPhone hardly give such embarrassing and disgracing faults ehh
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by henrixx(m): 4:35am On Dec 03, 2018
vernalsage:
I need help with my S8+ which has suddenly stopped charging.
It doesn't charge with either cable or wireless so it's not the charging port.
It shows "charging" when plugged in but the battery depletes rather than going up.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
its a common issue with s8, s8plus. Has to do with a corrupted firmware. If its totally dead leave plug in your charger and leave for several hours. It will come up. If it comes up factory reset. It should correct it

1 Like

Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by baba4thegehs: 9:51am On Dec 03, 2018
If it's a firmware issh just download and flash the stock firm on it and you should be good
Re: Samsung S8 Plus Not Charging. by vernalsage(m): 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
Thanks guys.

I tried leaving it plugged in overnight but it still hasn't come up. It doesn't seem to be a firmware problem either.

I searched google/YouTube and the suggestion I'm seeing is that it could be a power management IC issue. Changing it seems to fix similar issues.

The device is the US variant, so the Samsung service centre I took it to didn't accept it.

(1) (Reply)

PS4 Slim 1TB Limited Edition Console Call Of Duty WWII Sold / Tronsmart element T6 Portable Bluetooth Speaker For Sale / UK Used Slightly Cracked S7edge (35k)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.