Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? (867 Views)

An Aberration? Names Of Other Gods Still Found In All Bible But Yahweh's Not / Does The Belief In God Kill The Sense Of Wonder In The Universe? / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? by NaijaSisi(f): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2010
I was just wondering in this modern day and age, are there still people who believe in the traditional Gods?
As in the ifa, the gods of our forefathers and all that?

Or have religions such as Christianity and Islam wiped belief in such away?
Re: Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
yeah there is still belief in ancient gods, i once met a sango worshipper in lagos and the guy was really into his god(sango) as in he knew everything about the belief system and all extra extra that comes with it!!
Re: Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? by PastorAIO: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2010
Re: Does Belief In The Ancient Gods Still Exist? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2010
If you mean the belief in the traditional african deities, yes, they still do. It is still going very strong. The worship of the ancient traditional gods from the middle eastern desert has not been able to wipe the african traditional religious practices out.
Naija_Sisi:

I was just wondering in this modern day and age, are there still people who believe in the traditional Gods?
As in the ifa, the gods of our forefathers and all that?

Or have religions such as Christianity and Islam wiped belief in such away?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ is Lord, Repent for He is coming now!!! / How-to-build-an-intimate-relationship-with-god / Happy Easter 2011.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.