Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) (44885 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / UNILORIN Student Dances 'Soapy' After Her Final Exam, Signs Out In Style (Photos / Kuranga Aishat, Unilorin Student Missing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Giftedhand92: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2018
A student of the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN, has allegedly committed suicide after he was asked to carry over his project again.

Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, 27, reportedly committed suicide at Oke Odo Area of Ilorin, Kwara State after he was made to repeat his final year project again after he failed it for the second time.

According to reports on social media, he lamented that he had been accused of plagiarizing his project work. As a result, he wasn't allowed to graduate with his mates. This led him into depression and he allegedly locked himself in his room on Thursday, 29th of November, and drank a pesticide called Sniper.

His body was discovered after some people went into his room on Saturday, December 1st to investigate the bad smell coming from there. When neighbours got into his room, they discovered his swollen dead body laying on the floor.

Adigun was a student of faculty of Agriculture. Social media users claim he had allegedly attempted suicide before but this has not been verified.

The Management of University of Ilorin has visited the hostel in Oko Oba where the student committed suicide and they have also contacted Adigun’s Parents.

Below is a chat he had with a friend the same day he allegedly committed suicide.

https://zenithnaija.com/unilorin-student-commits-suicide-after-he-was-made-to-carry-over-project-again/

1 Share

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2018
RIP brother. Your project supervisor just chained himself to a train track and a train coming his way.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by youngsahito(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2018
some lecturers are sadist. it shall not be well with him/her

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
Mumu

As he commit suicide now, what good has he done to himself? None

What good has he done to his family? None

He forgot that once there's life there's always hope

It's only the death that has no hope

He did to he's family especially his mom more harm than good SMH

Na human de de mechanic, carpenter, tailor, etc

R. I. P though

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
THIS GUY SEES ACADEMICS AS A COMPETITION AND HE'LL SEE ALMOST EVERYTHING AS A COMPETITION,HE COULD STOMACH THE FAILURE BUT HE COULDN'T STAND PEOPLE'S OPINION.
FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW

16 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by eedris07(m): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
So sad.. Rip

2 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by poshbrave(m): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
such a pity...RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Oh. Those days, my supervisor wanted to frustrate me. He wanted me to worship him. Oboy, I just waited until defence day to prove to him that he was mistaken. All the lecturers (save for him) were just clapping grin
I collected my B and walked away.
Person no kee imsef ontop CHM101 or Calculus, na ontop ordinary project? Highest, 6 units. And you probably passed The other 138 units of your 4 years requirement oo.

Look above thee, behold, thy village people are busy...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by oluwatosink: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
angry
Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Dumbass nigga

1 Like

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by ulysses: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Not good.... RIP
Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by KingThreatzz: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Sniper should be banned.
I was once suicidal when i was denied visa to US before then, i failed to reach the cutoff to enter unilag. Depression was my best friend then. Thank God sniper was not anywhere around me then over 10 years ago. If it was, i wont be typing this here.
Depression is like a wind that blows, not everyone is strong enough to resist it.
God help us.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Olujoe1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
A friend too from unilorin chatting with me last night, telling me how frustrated he was and said he can go to any extent do anything the worse. Everything is frustrating everybody. God help

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by chendstone01(m): 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Rest well My G
I hope that idiot lecturer dies of depression too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by petrik5: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
suicide is never the way out it only transfers the pain to another person

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
undecided

This same act reminds me of the engineering guy that killed himself in three idiots.
some lecturer ehn, some student ehn.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by micoman28(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
Return if possible
Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Titto93(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
Afonja & suicide...
Like Awolowo, like Adigun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
cry Reminds me of the movie three idiots, inasmuch as I don't believe in suicide but only God knows what the dude was going through, Nigeria has not been able to fully diagnose and learn to treat bipolar and other metal illness but resort to everything having a spiritual undertone, may he rest in the Lord.

Only God can judge...

7 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
This country is cursed.

Poor boy just wants to be responsible and live a clean life but they say no. They rather prefer that he becomes a yahoo ritualist.

tueh!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by sotall(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
youngsahito:
For doing his job or what?

It's a bad thing that the student committed suicide but don't blame it on the lecturer

6 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Afobear: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
So sad that such a guy could be broken to the extent he figured out to terminate life is the only option.

Parents should stop pressuring their kids ...I had a good 2.1 going into my Final year until 2 course made me a 2.2 graduate and I was sad but my parents didn't kill me . I know the life ahead will be tough on me but I just have to man it up anyhow it tussles me .

Joy Lobo comes to my mind again
Give me some Sunshine ......

19 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
God shud be ur 1st and last option. Quite sad
Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by fk001(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Some lectures are just sadist... angry

Many students do plagiarized their project work

BTW there is no new project in faculty of Agriculture, all the project works had already been carried out by the dunder head professors

2 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Edgarated(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
suicide is never an option

=====

Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396
Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by sevo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Sniper wey I for use kill this mosquito for my house, this weyrey waste am to take him life...ode

1 Like

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Uyi168: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
youngsahito:
Amen and Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by dalhjana: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Na project make yu kee urself... If you finally graduate and come into d Nigerian labour market yu will still kill urself..

8 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by crownwealth: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Useless terrorist lecturers
Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Anuoluwapo2019: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
There's no reason whatsoever to kill urself!!!!
Haven't u seen ur mate that are yet to gain admission?
Or the ones that are very brilliant and no sponsor?
How about those that finished long before u and have not gotten a job?
Mtsvhewwwww......
He just wasted his life for nothing!!!
May God not give us children that likes shortcut.
RIP if God wish it for u cos am no judge!

5 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by addikt(m): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
Should have dropped out instead

3 Likes

Re: Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) by Hendrenthy: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.