Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Old Age Did Men No Favour - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Old Age Did Men No Favour (926 Views)

I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Age Did Men No Favour by kennydotkom(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2018
*THIS* *Is FOR Men ONLY* .
*WOMEN Should Not Read THIS*
By Bola Adewara
Follow me @bolaadewara
In these few years I have spent on this *terrestrial* divide, I have seen *how* life *treats* men, especially in their *old* *ages* .

I have seen *men* *work* , *labour* , *sweat* throughout their *youthful* lives on their *wives* and *children* and I have also *seen* how they *end* *up* . My *brother* , as you are working *hard* to *train* your *children* and to make your *wife* proud, don't *forget* to have *something* for *yourself* for your old age. May you not be *begging* your *children* to *eat* in your *old* age.

Remember, *women* can be *jumping* from one *son's* house to another *daughter's* house. Not so for *men* .

Can I *tell* you a *truth* ? You are a *stranger* in that *family* you call *yours* today. That house you *struggled* to *build* is not *yours* . Its for your *wife* and the *children* ! Seriously!

A *friend* sent me a *story* recently. Let me *quote* him here: "My *grandfather* told me that a *married* *man* is like a *tractor* that *builds* a *road* , does it very *nicely* but when the *road* is *completed* , they bring a *pay* *loader* and carry the *tractor* away, *claiming* it will *spoil* the *road* ! That *tractor* is never *allowed* to *step* on the *road* it *built* !

" *Same* is the *case* of we *married* *men* . We *deny* ourselves, get *loans* , *wear* used *clothes* , etc, to *see* our *children* through high *schools* , *universities* , etc because we *believe* that the only *gift* we can *give* them is *quality* *education* . When they are *old* *enough* , the *fathers* often become *dispensable* . The *attention* of the *children* *shift* to their *mothers* . *May* *be* these mothers *poison* their *minds* *against* their *fathers* , who *knows* ? You *hear* a *typical* *mother* use *languages* like ...
"If it *wasn't* for me, you *wouldn't* have *gone* to *school* .
"I *sold* all my *gold* , *trinkets* , *wrappers* to *send* you to *school* .
"Your *father* was only *interested* in *alcohol* and *women* while I *suffered* to pay your *fees* !"
(Now the *tractor* that *built* the *road* is being *carried* away!)

" *Once* the *child* starts *working* , *father* could have *retired* . When *he* come *visiting* his *parents* , the poor *father* is *given* *N5k* in front of the *mother* , while the *mother* *pulls* him to the *kitchen* to collect *50* *times* what father *got* ... and the *father* doesn't *know* what mother *got* !

" *Once* the child *drives* off, the father is *told* to bring *money* from his *pittance* to *buy* *this* and *that* , buy *sugar* to prepare *Lipton* unless he wants to *drink* *sugarless* *tea* ! These are some of the *reasons* men *die* early!

"A mother *flies* *abroad* to *visit* her *children* or go do *Omugor* while the father *sits* at *home* , *buying* and *eating* bread and *ewa* *agonyin* every *morning* ! *Six* months, the *mother* is *abroad* doing *Omugor* . She *comes* back home *fresh* to meet father *licking* palm *oil* in *ewa* *agonyin* !"

I *warn* you, my *brother* . Nature *does* not *smile* on *old* men *who* did not *cater* for their *old* ages when they were *young* .

*Build* your own *house* where you will *live* in your *old* *age* .

*Build* businesses that will *feed* you in *your* *old* *age* .
*Create* *conveniences* that will *engage* you in your *old* *age* .
*Build* *friendship* and *goodwill* that will *serve* you in your *old* *age* .
*Right* *now* , *start* to be *relevant* in your *mosque* or *Church* and *community* so you could be *reckoned* with in your old age.

* *Old* age could be very *lonely* and *agonising* for *men* who did not *plan* for it.
* *May* you not *become* a *liability* on your *children* in your *old* *age* .
* *May* your *children* not *wish* you an *early* *death* when they *can't* *manage* you again in your *old* *age* .
An *old* *age* without *penny* in your *pock

*THIS* *IS* *FOR* *MEN* *ONLY* .
*WOMEN* *SHOULD* *NOT* *READ* *THIS*
By Bola Adewara
Follow me @bolaadewara
In these few years I have spent on this *terrestrial* divide, I have seen *how* life *treats* men, especially in their *old* *ages* .

I have seen *men* *work* , *labour* , *sweat* throughout their *youthful* lives on their *wives* and *children* and I have also *seen* how they *end* *up* . My *brother* , as you are working *hard* to *train* your *children* and to make your *wife* proud, don't *forget* to have *something* for *yourself* for your old age. May you not be *begging* your *children* to *eat* in your *old* age.

Remember, *women* can be *jumping* from one *son's* house to another *daughter's* house. Not so for *men* .

Can I *tell* you a *truth* ? You are a *stranger* in that *family* you call *yours* today. That house you *struggled* to *build* is not *yours* . Its for your *wife* and the *children* ! Seriously!

A *friend* sent me a *story* recently. Let me *quote* him here: "My *grandfather* told me that a *married* *man* is like a *tractor* that *builds* a *road* , does it very *nicely* but when the *road* is *completed* , they bring a *pay* *loader* and carry the *tractor* away, *claiming* it will *spoil* the *road* ! That *tractor* is never *allowed* to *step* on the *road* it *built* !

" *Same* is the *case* of we *married* *men* . We *deny* ourselves, get *loans* , *wear* used *clothes* , etc, to *see* our *children* through high *schools* , *universities* , etc because we *believe* that the only *gift* we can *give* them is *quality* *education* . When they are *old* *enough* , the *fathers* often become *dispensable* . The *attention* of the *children* *shift* to their *mothers* . *May* *be* these mothers *poison* their *minds* *against* their *fathers* , who *knows* ? You *hear* a *typical* *mother* use *languages* like ...
"Your *father* was only *interested* in *alcohol* and *women* while I *suffered* to pay your *fees* !"

" *Once* the *child* starts *working* , *father* could have *retired* . When *he* come *visiting* his *parents* , the poor *father* is *given* *N5k* in front of the *mother* , while the *mother* *pulls* him to the *kitchen* to collect *50* *times* what father *got* ... and the *father* doesn't *know* what mother *got* !

" *Once* the child *drives* off, the father is *told* to bring *money* from his *pittance* to *buy* *this* and *that* , buy *sugar* to prepare *Lipton* unless he wants to *drink* *sugarless* *tea* ! These are some of the *reasons* men *die* early!

"A mother *flies* *abroad* to *visit* her *children* or go do *Omugor* while the father *sits* at *home* , *buying* and *eating* bread and *ewa* *agonyin* every *morning* ! *Six* months, the *mother* is *abroad* doing *Omugor* . She *comes* back home *fresh* to meet father *licking* palm *oil* in *ewa* *agonyin* !"

I *warn* you, my *brother* . Nature *does* not *smile* on *old* men *who* did not *cater* for their *old* ages when they were *young* .

*Right* *now* , *start* to be *relevant* in your *mosque* or *Church* and *community* so you could be *reckoned* with in your old age.

* *Old* age could be very *lonely* and *agonising* for *men* who did not *plan* for it.
* *May* your *children* not *wish* you an *early* *death* when they *can't* *manage* you again in your *old* *age* .

*THIS* *IS* *FOR* *MEN* *ONLY* .
*WOMEN* *SHOULD* *NOT* *READ* *THIS*
By Bola Adewara
Follow me @bolaadewara

Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by nuelyoyo(m): 11:37am On Dec 05, 2018
Insightful. Lalasticlala, please move to front page.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by Yeraa(f): 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
Sad and interesting.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by 2buffagain(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
Facts bruh.
Always make sure you have something for yourself.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by KanwuliaExtra: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
They are indeed the facts!
But life must go on. kiss

When men are young are “flexing”, they forget they will get old, feeble and grey. It pays to build a strong family with love, respect and hard work. kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2018
Word!

Build your life
Build your future
Make yourself the center of your own world
Don't fall for societal scam called living to please a woman even at the expense of your immediate and future happiness.
Love your kids but ensure they aren't poisoned to love you less and make it a duty to show them how much you love them
Enjoy your youth
If possible, join clubs and associations that are elite (but not a secret cult), this will come handy when you hit middle age...
Ensure you build sustainable wealth around you that will outlive your active service years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by carammel(f): 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
During the middle age, the women are mostly lonely, their one-time lover and best friend become a lover to another younger woman, the man abandons the woman emotionally, he philanders about and in most cases leaves home for his wife and move in with another younger woman. During this period, the woman is lonely and heartbroken, she becomes a shadow of herself all because she has made a lot of sacrifice for the marriage but the man threw all away.
Now the same woman has her kids around her, she nurtures them and grooms them to her own taste, the man is never present, many dads even find it hard to tell their kids how much they love them, tell me how you expect the child to know whom she hardly sees.
Kids naturally grow closer to whoever nurtures them, don't tell me the man goes out to make money for the family, there are many working-class women, they provide for the family yet nurture the kids, they are not superhumans, are they?
A man that could hardly boil water for himself when he was younger would now be the one to go for omugwo? Oya na, hit the road and go live with your daughter or daughter in law so you can help her change diaper for her babies.

Live right in your youth, treat your wife and kids well then watch what happens later in your old age.

3 Likes

Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by Mizwisdom(f): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2018
Many men will be abandoned in old age cos they invested their useful lives in women and drinks.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by AdedoyinO(f): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
Whatever you sow, you shall reap.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2018
Quite insightful.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by Mursz: 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
carammel:
During the middle age, the women are mostly lonely

Live right in your youth, treat your wife and kids well then watch what happens later in your old age.

Carammel eh! So is this a valid justification for how men are treated in their old age?

Man cannot boil water and is insensitive and what not and dont treat their women right, how did you come to this assertions sef?

All those thing you wrote up there just smells of bias for the women folk.

Anyways how are you? grin
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by Acidosis(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
Send your kids to boarding schools as soon as they clock 7 or 8 and you would never have this kind of problem.
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by carammel(f): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
Mursz:

Carammel eh! So is this a valid justification for how men are treated in their old age?

Man cannot boil water and is insensitive and what not and dont treat their women right, how did you come to this assertions sef?

All those thing you wrote up there just smells of bias for the women folk.

Anyways how are you? grin
It is not a justification but simple logic, the parent that takes care of the child better, gives her attention and support is whom she will always recognize, it could be the father or the mother. We have seen many cases of kids who take care of their step-moms better than their moms simply because the mom was never there but the step mom was.
We all know that men wander during their middle age thereby leaving the woman to shoulder most responsibilities on the children, tell me how such child would later know the father better than the mother.

I'm good, yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by patani(m): 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2018
This is like the most factual thread I av read in a long time on niaraland.

Meanwhile, how come you wrote with asterisk, it messed up a fantastic write up..

The truth is, work hard, give ur family a good lif, but never loose yourself.. enjoy urself, invest in your future
Re: Old Age Did Men No Favour by 2buffagain(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
Regardless of whether or not who your children give money more (of course they will give your wife esp if she never actually financially relevant).
A man must ALWAYS plan to never be destitute in his old age.

In fact make fun and lovingly let your children know early that the highlight of your years will be when they all leave your house so you can flex and they can leave you alone. grin Both women and children alike (especially adult female children) treat the fathers as ATM. A man will always be subject to that "I don't care where he finds money but he should go and find" attitude from the women in his life.

The current 100% parental support thing is something that can still happen in this generation as per you know, a lot of folks parents in village, but as of next generation...if you are an urban hussler, your issue should not be about which of your children will give you garri today. THEY should be receiving inheritance from you.

Plan well.

(1) (Reply)

Found My Long Lost Cousin (Diportivo) On Nairaland / Can You Marry A NON VIRGIN Lady? / Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.