Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post (945 Views)

See What Whites Are Saying About Tem's Recent Dress To The Oscars / Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post by Sophiejonas: 7:37am On Dec 07, 2018

Moments after it was announced that Kevin Hart was going to host the 2019 Academy Awards, internet trolls began to dig up old tweets of Kevin as far back as 2009 and the officials of the award show called Kevin, telling him to delete the tweets and apologies for them.

After he released a video via his Instagram account saying he wasn’t going to apologise, people came at him ranting about his decision.

Kevin who initially refused to apologize for his past homophobic tweets, later apologized and stepped down as the host of the 2019 Academy Awards. He made the announcement via his tweeter account on Thursday night, he wrote:

"I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s….this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past."

Hart followed up with another tweet apologizing for the hurt he caused.
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2018/12/07/kevin-hart-steps-down-from-hosting-the-2019-oscars-as-he-refused-to-delete-homophobic-tweet-he-made-in-2009/

Re: Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post by NwaAmaikpe: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2018
shocked

Apology unaccepted.
Anyone who throws hate at the LGBT community is worse than a beast.

Why hate LGBTs when our kids or grandkids kids could turn out to be one?
Let love lead.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post by Nbote(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2018
These Americans sef... Anyway dats their problem.. He's apologized and even offered to step down ...
Re: Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post by Buharisef(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2018
J
Re: Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post by Sirheny007(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2018
grin
Re: Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting The Oscars After Refusing To Delete Gay Post by Ayobami7(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2018
各大主流音乐平台同步上线!

(1) (Reply)

Stunning Photos Of Mutiu Adepoju, Deyemi Okanlawon, Others At Lagos Hangout 2018 / Mercy Aigbe All Shades Of Gorgeous In New Photo / Rat Rescued From Manhole By A Team Of Firefighters (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.