Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair (596 Views)

The Following Scrap Vessels Are Offered For Sale / Need To Repair My Open Roof / Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair by netotse(m): 12:05am On Aug 01, 2010
i need some advice ppl. . .the car below was bashed(not by me. . . angry) and we're considering scrapping it, but the panel beater says that the crash didn't affect the framework, that it's just the malleable part of the bonnet that crumpled and it can be repaired.(there's these two metal bar-thingies on which the engines are seated that he showed me, he said they were unaffected)

But there's this thing people say, that once a car's been in an accident, it can never be the same and stuff like that. . .i'm yet to hear exact, reasons why. So i need car buffs to break things down for me. . .

Re: Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair by chelseabmw(m): 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2010
sad sad sad
Re: Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair by Onwan: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2010
@OP

The thing is that the cost of putting it together PROPERLY will be a bit high and unfortunately, you are not in the car scrap business - I guess selling to a salvage buyer will be your best bet - BUT you will be losing out a lot because Ive seen them do things that are very interesting;

One of them was able to lobby a family into selling a "write-off" 2000 body landcruiser to him at 300k (He condemned the car so much that the owner's cousin felt the buyer was doing their family a favour) - the frame was still intact (just like yours is). He told me he sold the complete exhaust for 170k. People started coming for rear lights, he also sold the third row seats (both) for over 200k (I had no idea those small seats were that expensive) - he still has what is remaining right there near the weigh bridge with people still coming for parts you would never beleive will load in such change.

So it looks like its a real dilema for you, my advise though is this; sell it off as a whole or in bits (IF you have the time and energy), then add some good money to get another one OR go to Owode and strike a trade in deal with one of the Salvage Buyers (They all are salvage buyers anyways)
Re: Heeelllllpppp. . .to Scrap Or To Repair by knotty(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2010
Take it to Honda place.
they can fix it for 900,000 and you are back on the road.
but you will intellectually have to resell it a 300,00 or even less.

(1) (Reply)

Lr 3 For Sale At Give Away Price / Very Neat 2006 Toyota Corolla Up 4grabs @ Affordable Price N1.7m Banix 017383301 / Mercedes-benz C180 Elegance Automatic 1998 Black:pb-tv-95 Fabric Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.