Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Thread For The Black Sheep Of The Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For The Black Sheep Of The Family (574 Views)

What's Your Experience Being The Black Sheep Of Your Family? / Nigerian Women Talk About Being The Black Sheep Of Their Family / Thread for the Black Sheep of the Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thread For The Black Sheep Of The Family by sonofjos(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2018
I believe every family has issues . One of such, are the "black sheep' family members.
The black sheep could be any of the children, or even a parent.

In the case of my family, it's our last born. This guy is light years ahead of us all in doing wrong and tarnishing the image of the family.
He had these tendencies since childhood.
Now In his twenty something years on earth, he stole our parents money way beyond reason. He recently acquired our dad's bank account pin and freely transferred amounts to self and friends. He once broke through my ceiling and stole my money, besides other numerous thefts. He used razor blade and tore my sister's new clothes because of misunderstanding. He is the only one among us the children who got our parent summoned many times to school for wrong doings. He is the only one who has made our parent cry over and over again. The list goes on and on.

Punishment has done nothing to help. The guy has Koboko marks on his back and buttocks like a zeebra.

Sometimes he resolves to live right but it's like he is driven by a power to just go and commit wrong.
We all have our wrongs but this one has broken all records.

Are you a black sheep in your family?
Do you have one in your family?
Do you know one around?

Come let's talk about it.
I believe sometimes we are too hard on them. Maybe if we listen to them more or support them more, we would help them out of their destructive ways. After all, we all do bad.
And like the saying goes,
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Re: Thread For The Black Sheep Of The Family by mejai(m): 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sale him
Re: Thread For The Black Sheep Of The Family by SKhanmi: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
I'm quite familiar with some but my own approach is that they inherited these degenerative tendencies from their parents,tendencies which existed in minute quantities in other siblings but was blown out of proportion somehow in the affected individual. There's a lot we don't know about the human being & how character qualities are transferred from gen to gen. Let me break this down. A man is stubborn & was a rascal during his youth,made so many bad choices before he reins in his life. Meets a woman who was light fingered in her younger days,the melancholic type. They both marry, both trying to be the best examples to their children. They also have good genes remember? Now from my observations, the first,2nd &3rd get much attention & strict discipline. But as the couple age & the children increase, they get lax,that's why most lastborns end up treated with gloves. Now all the children inherited the genes but no leeway was given for them to develop bad tendencies,quick discipline is applied. But the one that is pampered will most times ultimately develop the bad genes in this case stubbornness & stealing & all hell is let loose. My point is black sheeps are created most times ignorantly by the parents.
Inferiority & crime (Kriez hammer)

(1) (Reply)

... / 'he Died A Great Working Man'' - Professor Pius Ilesanmi's 7 Year Old Daughter / Wife Attacks Husband And Side Chick On The Way To Their Secret Wedding (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.