Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Buhari: The Clone Theory - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buhari: The Clone Theory (320 Views)

Did Success Adegor, The Warri Kid, Meet With President BUHARI. The True Stoty. / Politics:buhari, The Whole APC, Unsettled, As Atiku Finally Gets US Visa / Shehu Sani Says President Buhari ‘the Lion King’ Has Roared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: The Clone Theory by chosenwan1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
What started as a rumour, gradually became big news of which the president had to address the issue in order to quell tensions.I mean who advises these people? With all the happenings in land, even if you were advised wrongly any man who has been in public service for that long should know better.

Unfortunately he addressed it and that made news, so much so it was joked about all over the world. I became curious, not so much as to the why but I thought is this even possible considering the available technologies? So I grabbed my tools and surmoned the Ifa aka Google.

Mind you this is 22 years after the successful cloning of Dolly the sheep. If you know anything about science, then you know 22 years is a very long time. With the advancement in robotics, artificial intelligence and human genome sequencing.Still not enough to conclude if I claim to be educated. Also what about the movies, if those Hollyweird movies are anything to go by some of them have being able to predict future events with astonishing precision especially when it comes to technology."The most important lesson from the Dolly experiment was that "the nucleus of the adult cell has all the DNA necessary to give rise to another animal." SCARY!!!

There are 3 different types of artificial cloning: gene, reproductive and therapeutic cloning. In reproductive cloning which copies of whole animals are produced, researchers remove a mature somatic cell, such as a skin cell, from an animal that they wish to copy. They then transfer the DNA of the donor animal's somatic cell into an egg cell, or oocyte, that has had its own DNA-containing nucleus removed. It is worthy of note that researchers can add the DNA from the somatic cell to the empty egg in 2 different ways.
In both processes, the egg is allowed to develop into an early-stage embryo in the test-tube and then is implanted into the womb of an adult female animal. So a surrogate mother is needed for development of the cloned embryo. (Nature is still called upon here). So there you have it, the mother will still need to give birth and then we would have to wait some years for the baby to mature(76 years).

"From a technical perspective, cloning humans and other primates is more difficult than in other mammals. One reason is that two proteins essential to cell division, known as spindle proteins, are located very close to the chromosomes in primate eggs. Consequently, removal of the egg's nucleus to make room for the donor nucleus also removes the spindle proteins, interfering with cell division. In other mammals, such as cats, rabbits and mice, the two spindle proteins are spread throughout the egg. So, removal of the egg's nucleus does not result in loss of spindle proteins. In addition, some dyes and the ultraviolet light used to remove the egg's nucleus can damage the primate cell and prevent it from growing."

Cloning biggest impact has been in stem cell, with great breakthroughs. From my search, I found out that there are about 3 labs that are cloning human embroyos with the view of generating human embryonic stem cells for therapeutic purposes. With much focus on iPS(induced pluripotent stem cell) to further improve regenerative medicine. Think of a human being spare part whereby with your specs you can get a new heart just like that!

I personally have no idea if Buhari can be cloned in like mannner
with the available technology but literature refutes this.The only support I could find was some consipiracy theorist videos, which was interesting to watch. I hope that my curiousity leads me to research further and if anything good comes up then I would be glad to share it with yall. I just think if a human can be fully cloned in our life time, what sort of world with that be?!

Mynd44, OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Download Bundle-1gb For N350 / Toshiba Satellite Laptop #40,000 09035101119 / 2019: Stakeholder Warns Of Danger If Wishes Of Electorate Are Tampered With In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.