Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

How You Revert Your Current Wordpress Version To A Previous Version - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How You Revert Your Current Wordpress Version To A Previous Version (587 Views)

How To Downgrade Wordpress To Any Previous Version / How To Build An Aweber Optin Page Using Aweber Free Version to drive More Sales / How To Revert Back To A Previous Version Of Joomla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How You Revert Your Current Wordpress Version To A Previous Version by Gizmomachine: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
Recently WordPress 5.0 was introduced coming with the new block feature. According to WordPress, the latest version is designed to make the platform more user friendly. While this may the intention, the platform seems a bit confusing to many. I am one of does using the latest update and I still find it a bit confusing. Now if you feel the same and wishes to revert back to the previous version, then this post is for you.

In this post, I will show you how to downgrade your current WordPress version to a previous version. Going back to the old WordPress version is easy, if you follow the process carefully. To do this, it is always advisable to backup your data before making any changes.

Steps To Downgrade WordPress To The Previous Version

After you have successfully backed up your web content, download and install WP Downgrade. After installing the plugin, go to “Settings” and click on “WP Downgrade”. This will take you to the next page where you can enter the WP version you wish to downgrade to.

Simply enter the WordPress version and click on “Save” and the page will load asking you to “Up-/Downgrade Core”.

Click on “Up-/Downgrade Core” and it will automatically download the downgrade of your choice. Now, just re-install the version you selected and watch the plugin downgrade to your target version.

See Here for More details and Images: https://www.gizmolad.com/2018/12/downgrade-wordpress-easily/

Re: How You Revert Your Current Wordpress Version To A Previous Version by riseshost(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
Gizmomachine:
Recently WordPress 5.0 was introduced coming with the new block feature. According to WordPress, the latest version is designed to make the platform more user friendly. While this may the intention, the platform seems a bit confusing to many. I am one of does using the latest update and I still find it a bit confusing. Now if you feel the same and wishes to revert back to the previous version, then this post is for you.

In this post, I will show you how to downgrade your current WordPress version to a previous version. Going back to the old WordPress version is easy, if you follow the process carefully. To do this, it is always advisable to backup your data before making any changes.

Steps To Downgrade WordPress To The Previous Version

After you have successfully backed up your web content, download and install WP Downgrade. After installing the plugin, go to “Settings” and click on “WP Downgrade”. This will take you to the next page where you can enter the WP version you wish to downgrade to.

Simply enter the WordPress version and click on “Save” and the page will load asking you to “Up-/Downgrade Core”.

Click on “Up-/Downgrade Core” and it will automatically download the downgrade of your choice. Now, just re-install the version you selected and watch the plugin downgrade to your target version.

See Here for More details and Images: https://www.gizmolad.com/2018/12/downgrade-wordpress-easily/

Am so happy with WordPress 5.0 what people fear about version 5.0 is the Editer but still you can disable that editor by installing and activating the Classes edited plugin,,,, meaning that the WordPress version will be on version 5.0 but you will be using the old editer which is simple...

(1) (Reply)

Request For Any Wordpress Premium Here <@ @> / How To Write A Blog Post / Am Here To Help You Create A Verified USA Paypal Account With One Year Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.