Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

The Chinese Ownership Of Volvo: An Owner's Diatribe - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Chinese Ownership Of Volvo: An Owner's Diatribe (1511 Views)

A Client Argently In Need Of Volvo Fl6 Series Truck / User's Of Volvo S60,ur Attention Is Needed / What Is The Price Of Volvo S80 In Naija. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chinese Ownership Of Volvo: An Owner's Diatribe by zaibatsu(m): 11:25am On Aug 02, 2010
"Does anyone else share my sense of irony now that China, a country renown for manufacturing the most shoddily constructed and downright deadly crap ever seen on this planet, suddenly owns Volvo, the poster child for quality and automotive safety? From exploding baby food to producing vehicles that would embarass a trabant dealer.

To add insult to industrial-design injury, the Chinese also seem incapable of hiring anyone who actually speaks some English in order to produce the owner's instruction documents. I can just see the owner's manual for the 2012 Volvo-Geely Windblown Monkey Happiness model and the introduction: "Placing the turn key device in the vehicle orifice will produce much delight and excitement for all payment customers, " I've bought my last Volvo."

Taken from C/D Letters (July)

My humble self couldn't have put it any better!
Re: The Chinese Ownership Of Volvo: An Owner's Diatribe by viperman: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2010
Na wa o, So what makes you think the chinese can't keep-up with the quality Volvo's been known with?
Re: The Chinese Ownership Of Volvo: An Owner's Diatribe by trisurface: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
The Chinese have put astronauts in space.
Did they get that done by mistranslating english?
Laugh all U want. As at 2days ago, they're the World's largest Economy.
They own a sizable % of America's Debt.
The world is imploring them to open their Economy.
Their Govt wisely looks away at the new industrial unrest in Relations between Foreign owned firms & Chinese Factory staff, thereby allowing their wages to rise upwards.

The Chinese economy is not perfect. The freedoms that allow private participation of Cash is not being allowed.
But I wish we had some of China's statistics especially Educational Standards & FDI.

Over & Out.

(1) (Reply)

2005 Toyota Highlander / 2003 Very Sharp Nigeria Registered Toyota Corolla - Now N1.2mln for First Buyer. / Mazda 626 (2001 Model) For Sale - N700k Bonanza!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.