Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? (3659 Views)

Easy And Stylish Way To Tie A Scarf / How To Wear A Scarf For Men / Women Fashion: You Won't Believe It Is A Scarf These Women Wear As Tops (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? by Tazika(f): 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hallo ladies (and all that wish to help me)
some years ago I've got 2 Nigerian dresses with scarfs for the head, and Nigerian ladies have taught me how to put them on. Now I washed and ironed the dresses, they look so fine, it's hot and I would like to go out in this outfit, but I realized that I forgat the way of putting the scarf on my head! Can you help me, please?
It will not be easy to say it in words, maybe you know the link with the drawings?

I am thankful for every help

, as my chances to meet Nigerian lady here are near to zero - it would be a miracle

Sonja, Croatia, Middle Europe
Re: Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? by Tazika(f): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
I forgat to write that scarf is 90 x 110 cm big.

Dresses gave me Maria from Lagos, a fine, fine lady. Unluckilly I lost her address long ago, forgat her second name. But putting her dresses on makes me remember our friendship and what a fine time I had with Nigerian people in Zagreb (Universiade, athletic games - I was Attache for Nigeran athletes)
Maria also taught me how to put a bigger scarf around my hips, as a dress - it's different than SARI in India, and much much more feminine. I would love to put this things on again! Please help me in this task!
Re: Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? by Tazika(f): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2010
Still nobody?
Ah how will I wrap it, summer's almost gone.

Pls give me some advice if you can
Re: Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? by amonialogin: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2010
schoolhouse got me humping, desperately trying to maintain
momentum on novel and trekking to the delta, just dont have no
discretionary nothing

got to make less do more these days
wait till something i think worthy of my time

first off a noose was hung on a black teachers door at columbia
universitys teachers college,

might be a jena copycat, might be sister enjoy the spotlight

forgive the cynic in me but hard for me
to tremble in my boots on this one

if somebody was to put a noose on my door at syracuse id probably
leave there, great post race conversation piece

okay.rick, enuf frivolity, two more
comments and some closure

one that barack obama, who seems to be losing steam against hillary, is being
chastised by blackfolk for not taking a higher profile with that

but i empathize with his situation, doesnt want to follow the model
of two previous black contenders, jessie jackson and al sharpton

that would not be viable, and i believe folk have to give him room
to make a credible run, kind of a old martin malcom two step

we are diverse enough a people to have all kinds of blackfolk on the field
in spite of the rev jackson and ms dickersons position that he isnt black enuf

of course that diversity doesnt include race traitors like clarence thomas, not in the
book of flowers or the great black book of generations - him i have excommunicated

and truth be told, to run for and actually be president is so compromising that id
rather obama found another role to play, one that will allow him to be more righteous

than being president of the united states will allow

the other recent news i want to point out is that hispanic poverty has fallen
by some 20% or so in america, not sure of the exact numbers offhand

but this includes the poverty pressures of a constant
stream of new immigrants, legal and illegal

what this says is that, like most other immigrant populations, the hispanics
are getting their act together, and you can see it in their willingness to work hard

to provide for their families, etc etc

in the article it talked about how they are moving into entry level good jobs
that white folk are leaving, like construction, service, etc

said hispanics instead of blackfolk getting those jobs and leaving blackfolk in the dust
which is why we a little leary sometime of immigration reform

but it hurt me to see hispanics (and west indians) getting rousted
families being broken and all, just for wanting a better life

and rickydoc gon tell you the reason blackfolk arent getting those jobs
is because they arent going for them with the kind of determination you need to win

what rickydoc gon tell you is that blackfolkare about to get left behind again, once again
slotted to be americas bottomfeeders in a period of acute economic change

a period of opportunity for script flipping
Re: Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? by Outstrip(f): 6:07am On Aug 10, 2010
I know there are videos on youtube
Re: Help: How To Put A Scarf On A Head In Nigerian Way? by Outstrip(f): 6:09am On Aug 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMDHFlJ8ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYF0WQ-4IDw

This is a direct link to a lsit of videos on how to tie a gele. Good luck and post pictures if you can LOL
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+tie+gele&aq=f

(1) (Reply)

Vampire lady- Jose Cristerna had a catholic background..[Weird photos] / Lets Talk About The EYE! / Does Anyone In London Know Where I Can Get Eyebrow stencil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.