Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Are Pentecostals Really Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pentecostals Really Christians? (5143 Views)

ALL Pentecostals Should Read This / Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism / Are Pentecostals Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by TheClown: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
Sometimes when I take a close look at the Penticostal churches I wonder. Almost everything about them contravene the new testament that they cling to so much! They have very little regard for the old testament but would not hesitate to quote from it when it supports their selfish arguments, like when it supports tithing. Their pastors take huge millions in the form of tithe like the Livitical priests, even when it was written no where in the new testament where Christ or his apostles received tithes, and even paul made it clear that he requires no body's money as the works of his hands can provide for him. When Christ was sending his disciples out on evangelism, the order he gave to them was 'eat whatever is set before you.' and not demand one tenth of your converts' incomes.
Again, the main massage Pentecostalism tend to carry or atleast flaunts is prosperity. It was clear in the Bible that Jesus never said a Christian life must be that of affluence. Himself and the apostles made it clear that a Christian is not of this world, and that life on earth would be filled with tribulations and that they should be endured for our rewards are great in heaven. He however did not rule out wages by hard work. Alot of pastor even go up to the point of defrauding people so as to live an outward life of their perceived Christianity.     
Again, they don't believe in doing good works, or, they don't see it as an essential part of our heavenly race they stick to Saint Paul's philosophy of justification by faith alone and even criticise those that labour in this direction. They over Christ analogy in the Gospel when he said that on the last day, the whole humanity would be divided into two groups, and to one he would say; When I was hungry you gave me to eat, when I was thirsty you gave me to drink, when I was unclothed you clothed me etc, now enter into the kingdom of my father and then the other half who never did anything like, he turned away, making it clear that good works is highly essential to get a man into heaven. Also, they ignore saint James epistle where he said faith without work is dead and clung to the one they saw easier.
Again, when they pray, they pray like the Pharisees, shouting out loud above their voices and very verbose, repeating the same phrases over and over again, ignoring the Biblical directive that Christians should keep their prayers simple and without vain repetitions and raising of voices but quietly, so that the Father who everything in secret would give his reward in secret.
It was at the advent of penticostalism that things like harlot-like dressing to Church, covering of hair, Voodoo in the Church for the sake of miracles, Pastors frying their hairs becoming a sign of reverence and alot of things that were not hitherto associated with the Church atleast became the order of the day.
There are a lot of things I observed I began to wander if they are actually Christians or a bunch if money making, public show, easy speaking, social organizations! Because based on the teachings of the new testament which they claim to uphold so much, they are not Christian! Based on the old testament which they denounce but embrace when it buttresses their arguments, they are not Christians! And based on the doctrines of the Apostles passed down, they are far from Christians! What are Pentecostals actually? I feel they are part of the devil's end time agenda, aimed at corrupting the very foundation of the Christian faith and her doctrines so that at the end, Christian would not even know what the standard is or supposed to be anymore. For example, most of them claim to have no teachings at all, calling it doctrines and making the word itself sound abhorrent. That is to say, no standard anymore, anything goes!
What is your own opinion? Sincere opinions, Insults and tongue bashings are welcome.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by KunleOshob(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
Brilliant thread, nice submissions grin twould be interesting to see what the mamon worshippers would write in defence of their corrupted version of false christianity.

PS: it is worthy of note that true christianity is almost non existent in our churches today, almost all churches have veered from the true faith. May God help us all.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by PastorAIO: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2010
While I feel that anyone has a right to call themselves anything that they want to, so if they want to call themselves christians that is their prerogative, what is clear is that they live in direct contradiction to most of the teachings of Christ in the bible. They are arrogant, deceitful, willfully stupidd.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by 5solas(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
Haba! Your statements are so sweeping, lumping leaders and followers together, for instance!
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by REALTRUTH1: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
They re certainly not,,rather a bunch of deluded RASCALS AND CRIMINALS as evident in the practice of the association of PFN( Penterascals Fellowship of Nigeria).
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by KunleOshob(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2010
Where are the pentecostals They should come and defend there delusion. Or do you want names of your gods of men like oyakhilome/adeboye/asshimolowo to be mentioned before you come and defend your "faith".
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Mudley313: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2010
the lunatic fringe that is the modern day delusional christians on the rampage again, jumping from the arrogance of a my god/belief-is-better-than-your-god/belief to my-religion-is-better-than-your-religion to a my-christianity-is-better than-your-christianity madness of an argument
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by nuclearboy(m): 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2010
@KunleOshob:

Don't blame all for the insanity of some. I'm certain you know some (individuals) are true Christians
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Tonyet1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2010
Tonye steps him. . .takes census. . .observes comments. . .leaves smiling. . .to come back. . .and defend the truth!  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by beautyline(f): 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2010
Do they have to be christians? Are Christians the best people?
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by PastorAIO: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
beautyline:

Do they have to be christians? Are Christians the best people?

This is not an issue of how good are christians? This is a issue of whether they are christians at all. Yes they have to be christians because this is what they are desperately claiming. So we have a right to look at their practices and doctrines vis a vis the teachings of Jesus to ascertain whether their claim is true.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Tonyet1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
The Clown:

Sometimes when I take a close look at the Penticostal churches I wonder. Almost everything about them contravene the new testament that they cling to so much! They have very little regard for the old testament but would not hesitate to quote from it when it supports their selfish arguments, like when it supports tithing. Their pastors take huge millions in the form of tithe like the Livitical priests, even when it was written no where in the new testament where Christ or his apostles received tithes, and even paul made it clear that he requires no body's money as the works of his hands can provide for him. When Christ was sending his disciples out on evangelism, the order he gave to them was 'eat whatever is set before you.' and not demand one tenth of your converts' incomes.
Again, the main massage Pentecostalism tend to carry or atleast flaunts is prosperity. It was clear in the Bible that Jesus never said a Christian life must be that of affluence. Himself and the apostles made it clear that a Christian is not of this world, and that life on earth would be filled with tribulations and that they should be endured for our rewards are great in heaven. He however did not rule out wages by hard work. Alot of pastor even go up to the point of defrauding people so as to live an outward life of their perceived Christianity.
Again, they don't believe in doing good works, or, they don't see it as an essential part of our heavenly race they stick to Saint Paul's philosophy of justification by faith alone and even criticise those that labour in this direction. They over Christ analogy in the Gospel when he said that on the last day, the whole humanity would be divided into two groups, and to one he would say; When I was hungry you gave me to eat, when I was thirsty you gave me to drink, when I was unclothed you clothed me etc, now enter into the kingdom of my father and then the other half who never did anything like, he turned away, making it clear that good works is highly essential to get a man into heaven. Also, they ignore saint James epistle where he said faith without work is dead and clung to the one they saw easier.
Again, when they pray, they pray like the Pharisees, shouting out loud above their voices and very verbose, repeating the same phrases over and over again, ignoring the Biblical directive that Christians should keep their prayers simple and without vain repetitions and raising of voices but quietly, so that the Father who everything in secret would give his reward in secret.
It was at the advent of penticostalism that things like harlot-like dressing to Church, covering of hair, Voodoo in the Church for the sake of miracles, Pastors frying their hairs becoming a sign of reverence and alot of things that were not hitherto associated with the Church atleast became the order of the day.
There are a lot of things I observed I began to wander if they are actually Christians or a bunch if money making, public show, easy speaking, social organizations! Because based on the teachings of the new testament which they claim to uphold so much, they are not Christian! Based on the old testament which they denounce but embrace when it buttresses their arguments, they are not Christians! And based on the doctrines of the Apostles passed down, they are far from Christians! What are Pentecostals actually? I feel they are part of the devil's end time agenda, aimed at corrupting the very foundation of the Christian faith and her doctrines so that at the end, Christian would not even know what the standard is or supposed to be anymore. For example, most of them claim to have no teachings at all, calling it doctrines and making the word itself sound abhorrent. That is to say, no standard anymore, anything goes!
What is your own opinion? Sincere opinions, Insults and tongue bashings are welcome.

If your reason for asking whether Pentecostals are Christians is "because of the practise of Tithing" then its a real big pity

What about Anglicans, dont they take tithes?

What about Methodists, dont they tithe?

OK! i heard somone say Protestants broke out from the RCC because of their extra-scriptural activities. . .now i ask if tithing was one of the bad things the RCC did that made the protestants break. . .how come the same protestants still tithe till date.

One thing i have come to witness from my personal christian experience is that anyone can wake up one morning and find alot of reason not to believe God. Someone can wake up and choose not to believe that Jesus is a God. . .and guess what? the moment that thought finds a seat in your intellect it can win over a million fans today (no thanks to the hi-tech medias) and they will find over a million reason to tell others why it is true and some even go the extra mile to seek logical approaches to butress their reprobacy furthermore.

Another man can wake up with his own gospel to preach on why He/she feels tithing is no more relevant in the scriptures and guess what? his van could be filled in no time with similar believers. And to continue this 'gospel' such a person will find some logical reasons to back their arguments. reasons like Tithe is a law therefore it was abolished when Jesus abolished the law and suddenly you hear his disciples saying hay hurrah that's true not regarding the peak of their stu.pidity. Ask them if there was ever a place in the bible that clearly call Tithing a Law like was there any such thing as the LAW OF TITHING they will either keep quiet for a moment and when they amass some like minded grubbers they will continue their crusade. . .sometimes Tonye just loves taking big laughter behing the LCD of his notebook, laughing at their activities. A wise man puts it better this way ". . .even ignoramuses also make the world go round" yes its true. . .we need them to keep disbelieving the simple truths in God's word and thereby fulfilling scriptures "they honour me with their mouth but their hearts are far away from me". cry cry cry

To even add coals to their flame, you hear them say the most hilarious thing by adding that when Jesus said we should not neglect tithing, he was not talking to us, but the pharisees and each time i hear this . . .bursters of laughter never seize from my lungs grin grin grin. . .yeah like seriously how can someone in his right senses say a thing like that. . .like Jesus was speaking to the pharisees therefore we should not mind that scriptures. . . ok! so when Jesus performed a miracle in cana of galilee he did it for the galileans therefore we should not also mind that scriptures, or when Jesus was born to the Jews and performed miracles, we should also not mind those scriptures afterall he lived only with the Jews. what more word can i qualify pathogenesis with. cheesy cheesy

The words of God has never being defeated by even the fiercest of intellectualism nor by the attacks of evil-mongers, yeah they may appear or claim to be among the true christians. . .they may win for themselves the largest of fans. . .but guess what? MY Father's words says "let anyone who preaches another gospel from the true gospel be accursed" yes in better terms. . .he who does not believe in the words of God is condemn already. embarassed embarassed embarassed

God bless you!
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by TheClown: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
@Tonye T,
I can understand your grievances. What you've believed and held as the truth all your life is being attacked! Well, I guess the best way to go about it is by proving the so called 'ignoramuses' wrong. So far, what you done is beat around the bush. If Christ or his disciples admonished preachers to take tithes, then make it clear to us so that we too can believe and as strongly as you do. For now, the only thing you've done is telling us how you feel about it, not why you think its the right thing to do. I agree with you though that people would eventually come to believe as the truth a false teaching they been subjected to for a very long time, unwilling to see reasons why they should believe otherwise all of a sudden.
Again, tithing is only one of several issues raised in the thread above. Present your facts against the numerous other ones or else study into them yourself so that you may know the truth. Anger is only a product of frustration, when things don't go your way. We learn everyday, don't throw reason to the dogs.
Remain blessed!
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by PastorAIO: 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
Why must this man make every thread about tithe? Is that your main source of income that you cannot let it rest for even a moment? Surely Christians are not defined by whether they tithe or not. Let me raise just 2 points out of many which would suggest that pentecostal practices are contrary to the teachings of Jesus.
[b]
1-[/b]Let us consider that babbling they call prayer. Now consider this:
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking
Matt 6

[b]2-
[/b]Let us now consider their ostentatious materialism:
24No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
From the same Matt 6.

Tonye-t:

If your reason for asking whether Pentecostals are Christians is "because of the practise of Tithing" then its a real big pity

What about Anglicans, dont they take tithes?

What about Methodists, dont they tithe?

OK! i heard somone say Protestants broke out from the RCC because of their extra-scriptural activities. . .now i ask if tithing was one of the bad things the RCC did that made the protestants break. . .how come the same protestants still tithe till date.

One thing i have come to witness from my personal christian experience is that anyone can wake up one morning and find alot of reason not to believe God. Someone can wake up and choose not to believe that Jesus is a God. . .and guess what? the moment that thought finds a seat in your intellect it can win over a million fans today (no thanks to the hi-tech medias) and they will find over a million reason to tell others why it is true and some even go the extra mile to seek logical approaches to butress their reprobacy furthermore.

Another man can wake up with his own gospel to preach on why He/she feels tithing is no more relevant in the scriptures and guess what? his van could be filled in no time with similar believers. And to continue this 'gospel' such a person will find some logical reasons to back their arguments. reasons like Tithe is a law therefore it was abolished when Jesus abolished the law and suddenly you hear his disciples saying hay hurrah that's true not regarding the peak of their stu.pidity. Ask them if there was ever a place in the bible that clearly call Tithing a Law like was there any such thing as the LAW OF TITHING they will either keep quiet for a moment and when they amass some like minded grubbers they will continue their crusade. . .sometimes Tonye just loves taking big laughter behing the LCD of his notebook, laughing at their activities. A wise man puts it better this way ". . .even ignoramuses also make the world go round" yes its true. . .we need them to keep disbelieving the simple truths in God's word and thereby fulfilling scriptures "they honour me with their mouth but their hearts are far away from me". cry cry cry

To even add coals to their flame, you hear them say the most hilarious thing by adding that when Jesus said we should not neglect tithing, he was not talking to us, but the pharisees and each time i hear this . . .bursters of laughter never seize from my lungs grin grin grin. . .yeah like seriously how can someone in his right senses say a thing like that. . .like Jesus was speaking to the pharisees therefore we should not mind that scriptures. . . ok! so when Jesus performed a miracle in cana of galilee he did it for the galileans therefore we should not also mind that scriptures, or when Jesus was born to the Jews and performed miracles, we should also not mind those scriptures afterall he lived only with the Jews. what more word can i qualify pathogenesis with. cheesy cheesy

The words of God has never being defeated by even the fiercest of intellectualism nor by the attacks of evil-mongers, yeah they may appear or claim to be among the true christians. . .they may win for themselves the largest of fans. . .but guess what? MY Father's words says "let anyone who preaches another gospel from the true gospel be accursed" yes in better terms. . .he who does not believe in the words of God is condemn already. embarassed embarassed embarassed

God bless you!

Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by chakula: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2010
Confusion! Confusion!! Confusion!!! in Christianity.

So who are the real Xtians Mr Clown?
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by PastorAIO: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2010
chakula:

Confusion! Confusion!! Confusion!!! in Christianity.

So who are the real Xtians Mr Clown?

Why are you confused?
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by chakula: 11:12am On Aug 05, 2010
Because Mr clown was in doubt about the Pentecostals Chirstianship that is reason for my confusion.

Pastor AIO:

Why are you confused?
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by PastorAIO: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2010
chakula:

Because Mr clown was in doubt about the Pentecostals Chirstianship that is reason for my confusion.

Are you a pentecostal? You can pray to God to help you sort out your confusion and he will.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by TheClown: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Chakula

First, are you a Christian?
Do you or do you not agree with the tread above?
You don't have to be confused. You either agree with the thread or disagree with it as there is nothing ambiguous to be confused about. But if on the contrary you think some things are not clear, then be specific. As for me telling you who the real Christians are, I leave that to you to decipher for yourself.
Remember the Lords analogy in the in the Gospel, where he said on the last day, alot of people, disappointed would say things like;
Lord I preached in your name, I performed miracles in your name et al but at the end, he would still say to them, 'I know you not'.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by nwakaibe(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2010
Abeg, who are the Pentecostals? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Image123(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2010
was there any such thing as the LAW OF TITHING
Ahah, you'll find it in the KOV. It's in every book there, where've you been. One of the tithephobics can lend you, just ask for the KOV bible.
Abeg, who are the Pentecostals?
The pentecostals are the PENTECOSTALS.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Pukkah: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2010
The Clown:

Again, when they pray, they pray like the Pharisees, [b]shouting out loud above their voices and very verbose, repeating the same phrases over and over again, ignoring the Biblical directive that Christians should keep their prayers simple and without vain repetitions and raising of voices but quietly,[/b] so that the Father who everything in secret would give his reward in secret.
It was at the advent of penticostalism that things like [b]harlot-like dressing to Church, covering of hair[/b], Voodoo in the Church for the sake of miracles, Pastors frying their hairs becoming a sign of reverence and alot of things that were not hitherto associated with the Church atleast became the order of the day.

This is right on target. I assume that virtually everyone knows what is right but most people try to do what is convenient for them or what is in vogue and ignore or pretend not to see what is not convenient.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by TheClown: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2010
There is a way way that seemeth right unto a man but the end of that way is destruction!
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Rhino3dm: 10:24am On Aug 08, 2010
^^^ then who are the real christains. Logically both parites above seems to be making point, my curiosity came from the facts that many atimes you hear other christains calling RCC, JW's, White garments pegans or idol worshippers. If we are now going to conclude that pentacoastals are idol worshippers, then what left of numbers that will be making 'heaven', if virtually all are going to 'hell' .
Is this what you people wants us to believe

So, 1.5 billion muslims , 1.2 billion Rcc members, several million of JW's, white garment, amorc, pentacoastals, grail, eckancker will in be in 'HELL'.

Hmm. Could it be that am missing something
for i careless you people are just bunch of deluded complex humans.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by PastorAIO: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2010
8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Matthew 15

28But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. 29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. 30And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. 31Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. 32For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
Matt 21

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Matt 23

14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
matt 23

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Matt 25

Faith without works is Dead

By their fruits you shall know them.

It is not by what they profess that you shall know them but rather by what is hidden inside them, and how that manifests in their works.

you will not be saved according to what denomination you belong to, yu get me.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by KunleOshob(m): 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2010
Brilliant submission pastor, simply brilliant,
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by oboidanre(f): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2010
Pentecostals are PENTERASCALS
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by aadrSales: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2010
this guys, i know u are a catholic. If they told you the crime the catholic church committed, you will not enter that church again? You will know that frying hair is less evil that murder. Who are you? What do you know about God to condemn people? Do you know how shameful it is praying under a statute of mary? MARY? MARY?
I would advice u to study hard instead of coming here to condemn.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by TheClown: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2010
React to the topic my friend, Catholic or not, observations have been raised, react to them. If you are a pentecostal, then the above topic applies to you and if you think otherwise, bring your facts forward. The fact that someone else is a Catholic does not guarantee your unbiblical practices, what is wrong is wrong, no matter who practices them.
If you think Catholics are not Christians based on their practices, the ground is open for you to raise a topic on it like I raised this one then we all will discuss it, but making statements without being specific is making no statement at all, less so on a topic that is not related to it. I advise you to raise a topic on how you feel about Catholics and don't derail this one.
Again, do you agree with the thread above? If not bring forward your facts against it, in that way we would get ourselves clarified, you would learn and I would learn too. Your outrage shows your efforts to do something about a perceived attack on your perfect worship, which you hitherto thought was free of error, but can't even say anything to clear the air. This is not an attack if that is how you feel, this is to open your eyes to see how wrong you've been about your supposed faultless and pure practice after all. Open your mind, seek knowledge, remain blessed.
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2010
^^^ Christianity is define or should be defined by the following
1: A Way of Life completely represented by the Life of Jesus Christ
2: A Religion with a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus Christ (the Savior) as embodied in the New Testament.
3: A daily multi-lateral (All strata of an individual's daily living) relationship with God and his Righteousness. i.e striving for a level of perfection that is finally achieved when one goes to heaven after judgment

So Catholic or Pentecostal, if you are not living right by God, then you are in my camp grin
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Tonyet1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Why must this man make every thread about tithe? Is that your main source of income that you cannot let it rest for even a moment? Surely Christians are not defined by whether they tithe or not. Let me raise just 2 points out of many which would suggest that pentecostal practices are contrary to the teachings of Jesus.

AIO

why didnt you ask the poster why he included tithing as a scam amongst other things. When did paying tithe become only a 'Pentecostal Issue'.  tongue tongue

Like seriously have you had the time to ponder why tithing seem to be about the biggest issue amongst christians.  undecided Why cant we just pay it atleast for the sake of our allegiance and obedience to Christ. I wonder why folks will deploy all their weapons to fight against it.

As for the Tithing-obsession, Broda i aint obsessed  , but once a victim of the lies and fallasies i got from folks here that gave me a million reasons why "tithing is no more relevant" when in essence it was still very much relevant  tongue. at least the practise of tithing is working out for me  tongue. And to add, tithing aint my source of income at least the last time i received my voucher it read. . . payee under Sahara energy resources  wink wink.cheers!
Re: Are Pentecostals Really Christians? by Tonyet1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
And to add, i dont see why we Christians believe and abide so much in this denominationalism of a thing, when Jesus came, he never made statements like

". . .  i will build my anglican church and the gates of hell shall not prevail"

cant also remember him either saying

". . .  i will build my catholic / methodist / pentecostal/ Presbytarian/ Sabbath / J.Witness church and the gates of hell shall not prevail"

I personally believe that those who subscribe to denominationalism and the sects are rather themselves the problem with Christianity.  embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Say God Needed An Angel In Heaven Is Not Comforting When Someone Dies. / First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? / Book Of Luke. (Very Deep Words of JESUS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.