Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? (1542 Views)

Nikon D5600. Advanced Entry Level DSLR. AVAILABLE!!! / Nikon D60 DSLR Camera: Sold / USA Used Canon Rebel 2000D DSLR Camera with 3 lenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by crea8graphix(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello! I would love to venture into videography business. My niche will be recording of events such as weddings, birthday, burials and related events. I am already good in video editing (Adobe Premeire Pro).

I want to know if a DSLR camera is great for this kind of job. Are DSLR usually used in Nigeria for recording events?.....HD video cameras are too expensive.

Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by crea8graphix(m): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
HD video camera are too expensive

Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by taiocol: 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
DSLR are not cheap either
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by crea8graphix(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
taiocol:
DSLR are not cheap either
The average price of DSLR is 150,000. HD camera is 300,000.
Are DSLR great for professional recording of events?
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by lordmario(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
crea8graphix:

DSLR Camera's are very good for recording events provided you get a lens that works well in low light.. For you to achieve this you will spend more than what you will spend in buying an HD camera but you will achieve better quality
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by crea8graphix(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
lordmario:

DSLR Camera's are very good for recording events provided you get a lens that works well in low light.. For you to achieve this you will spend more than what you will spend in buying an HD camera but you will achieve better quality
Thanks for your reply sir. I have browsed through Jumia. Lots of DSLR there have lens that come with them. Do i have to buy another lens.

I was thinking the only things i will be after the camera are DSLR speaker, a stand, SD card and an external light
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by taiocol: 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
crea8graphix:
Yes, I've recorded with Canon 60D and Nikon 5200 before..

But the truth is even mobile phone can give you HD coverage too

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by taiocol: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
crea8graphix:
Thanks for your reply sir. I have browsed through Jumia. Lots of DSLR there have lens that come with them. Do i have to buy another lens.

I was thinking the only things i will be after the camera are DSLR speaker, a stand, SD card and an external light
Kit lens that come with this cameras are piece of crap.... It's best to get additional lens

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by lordmario(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2018
Yes all DSLR come with lenses but they have better qualities than other... I would suggest you get a wide angle lens say 10-17mm, 10-22mm and maybe 35mm 1.2 art lens (not this lenses dont come cheap.) but it will give you best output..This lenses dont come with camera body, you will have to buy them separately. Yes you need a good stand, SD card class 10, and external light too but if u dont have much budget, U can buy the dslr of ur budget and upgrade later
crea8graphix:

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by crea8graphix(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
lordmario:
Yes all DSLR come with lenses but they have better qualities than other... I would suggest you get a wide angle lens say 10-17mm, 10-22mm and maybe 35mm 1.2 art lens (not this lenses dont come cheap.) but it will give you best output..This lenses dont come with camera body, you will have to buy them separately. Yes you need a good stand, SD card class 10, and external light too but if u dont have much budget, U can buy the dslr of ur budget and upgrade later
thanks sir.
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by LucemFerre: 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
taiocol:

Kit lens that come with this cameras are piece of crap.... It's best to get additional lens

Kit lenses are not pieces of crap.
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by taiocol: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
LucemFerre:

Kit lenses are not pieces of crap.

When compared to others?
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by LucemFerre: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
taiocol:

When compared to others?

There are different lenses for different situations.
Kit lenses are versatile custom lenses are specific. If i have a 18-135mm f/3.5-5.5 i would still carry it along with my sigma 18-35 f/1.8 and nifty 50.
I don't think any lens is crap as long as videography/photography is concerned.
Variety is the spice of life
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by USUKUMA(m): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
lmao, dude, canon 7D mark II which is a good deal for low light costs 500k and above
Re: Please Help! Are DSLR Cameras Good For Recording Events? by crea8graphix(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2018
USUKUMA:
lmao, dude, canon 7D mark II which is a good deal for low light costs 500k and above
nikon d3300 is about 150,000 sir. I

(1) (Reply)

Sony Camera For Sale - Sony A6000 With 16-50mm Kit Lens Almost New Fairly Used / Who Can Get Me These Courses / Looking For Graphic Designers For A Project In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.