Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

Marriage Visa Processing In Germany - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Marriage Visa Processing In Germany (1237 Views)

Photostory: Queues As UK Embassy Resumes Visa Processing In Lagos / UK To Resume Visa Processing In Nigeria On July 28 / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Visa Processing In Germany by erhusfame24: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2018
I am a Nigerian, mein name ist Amos. Me and my fiance are currently processing our German marriage Visa, we are to marry in Germany. The process started July 24th in Hannover after i sent the required documents to her. She also paid 660 euro for Verifikation of my Nigeria documents. A Lawyer from the embassy visited my homr 18th of October, interviewed my family The Process is already 4 months plus, and the Lawyer told me few days ago that she already submitted the report, my fiance is expecting Call from the stadt for finalizing, You have any idea how long it will take to get my visa. I was hoping to enjoy the Christmas with her, do you think it is still possible this year?
Re: Marriage Visa Processing In Germany by MrsInvisible(f): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2018
Good morning,

normally after verification from the lawyer the Embassy will send all the documents back to Standesamt in Germany. Then - if everything is ok with your documents - they will be forwarded to higher court in Germany to be legalized for marriage.

The court will later send their answer back to standesamt, so the day of the wedding can be fixed. Then the embassy will issue the visa. Normally the process takes like 12 - 18 months, cause the higher court needs time. Good luck.

MrsI.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Visa Processing In Germany by erhusfame24: 7:42am On Jun 02, 2019
Thank you so much, so far now after a long wait of up to 11 months the documents are finally at the court in Germany and marriage date will be fixed soon, we intend to take August 12. 2019.
But my question is, through out this process i was never at the embassy, guess they had all what was needed during the Process hence i would have been invited, Question : what next after the marriage date, because the lady registering the marriage who is to wed us, she is new to all this, i mean she never processed any one in Africa before, do she have to call the Embassy to give me the visa? Or there is something i have to do? Before i get the visa, please fill me in. Thanks.
Re: Marriage Visa Processing In Germany by MrsInvisible(f): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2019
Hi. I don't have much experience on this field, but I found this

https://pinayingermany./2015/08/20/marriage-fiance-visa-getting-married-in-germany/

If you book the appointment at the embassy maybe sure you choose the right category. Besides you must proof German skills A1 I think.
Re: Marriage Visa Processing In Germany by Francexxo(f): 8:12am On Feb 05, 2022
]

(1) (Reply)

15 Million Naira Cash Or Work Permit In The United State / How My Trip To Abuja Ruined Everything For Me / A Lot Of People I Know Are Already Thinking Of An Exit Strategy From Canada - Ni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.