Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Will My Career Affect My Relationship? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will My Career Affect My Relationship? (2357 Views)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / Will Absconding Affect My Visa? / My Career Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by keele(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2006
see this is wat ive been thinking lately..
both me and my gurl are students in the same course of profession...
ive been thinking what if i, by any chance, failed in my career..
well for girls i know u can depend on your guys if u dont not succeed..
u wud just think 'im a gurl, its alrite if i fail.. my bf/husband can do it for me..'
but wat happens if us guys are the one thats failing..? and u gurls are the ones that succeeding..
how wud u gurls feel if u make more munny than ur bf/husband..
Girls.. pls answer this one.. i need ur opinion..

im worried about my work, my own success..
im worried that i might be the one losing to my gurl..
shes definitely a hard worker and shes definitely smarter than me..
my confidence just went away when she told me about her plans for her career..
i myself admit that i have not think that long for my own career..
so guys.. pls tell me about ur opinion..
how would u feel if ur gurl is more successful than u..?
and i mean only in career..

Thanks..
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by hotangel2(f): 3:01am On Jan 10, 2006
keele:

well for girls i know u can depend on your guys if u don't not succeed,
u would just think 'im a girl, its alrite if i fail, my boyfriend/husband can do it for me, '

U lie hun. Only a stupid girl will think that way. You have to keep trying to you get where you want to get. In the olden days, ladies could think that way, but not in this our 21st century. Everyone has to work for what they want.

If your girlfriend really loves you, i don't think her being more successful than you will affect your relationship. If she's 'the one' for you, then you'll both live happily not minding that she's the 'bread winner' or successful one.

You sound like you are un-sure of youself. Just because your girlfriend seems to be an hard-core in what she does, does not mean you can't succed in what you do. Just do your thing and put your best in it. That's all i can say. And you need to stop thinking about stuffs you shouldn't be thinking of. You should be thinking, about "your career" and how to work harder in school. Not about how you'll feel if your girlfriend becomes better than you.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by keele(m): 1:15pm On Jan 11, 2006
thanks a lot hot-angel...
good advice.. T_T
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by dejiolowe: 8:51am On Jan 16, 2006
dude, better face your career and let that girl be proud of u. else, she's going to run away someday
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by mmomi(f): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2006
My father's advice-
If you are a barrow pusher do it well so that if you feel like not going out people will look for you. why? Because they know that you are honest and hard working.
Believe that you can equally be successfull in life. Always ask questions about the things you don't know. Don't feel ashamed cos if you grab it today come 100yrs coming you won't forget that.
Me- I love challenges because it makes me move on.I will always ask questions for things I dont know.If pple laugh at me I will learn that one because they must correct me after laughing.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by christyne(f): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2006
U've got to put in your best in whatever u are doing.U don't have to look down on yourself,have d faith that u can do better than she's doing.The Lord gave us different  sense of reasoning & thinking so don't think u can't make it,the fact that she's a workaholic does not mean she'll be more successful than u re going to be.The bible even said it that it is the blessing of God that makes one to be successful without going through stress,ok??JUST HAVE FAITH.
And about your girlfrd leaving u,if she's really in love with u ,i don't think she will leave u no matter how successful she will be.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by eveseh(f): 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2006
it wont
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by micklplus(m): 11:46am On Apr 26, 2006
simply keep your head up ! know what you are doing ! have a good focus and u must learn to be ambitious. dont get soiled in thinking about what you'll do if she's more successful. just focus on how good you can make it .

Dream it, act it, work it and you will definately achieve it and remember, its not about how hard you could work but how smart you could work which gives you the licence of being successful in whatever career you have chosen !

And i know for sure that, you girlfriend will not leave you even if she's making more money or she's more successful. she just needs to be assured that, you know what you are doing and she wants you to make her to be proud of you.

Its that simple !
Cheers
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by joe2005(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2006
love is love and it is important to note that anything can happen as far as love is concern. In a way i share with you your concern and i believe it is a good you are thinking about.

True love knows no boundary as they say, however, one ought to be doubtful some times. Pause now and ask yourself these questions: 1. what has no boundary on earth? 2. what last eternally? 3. will all things remain as they are now? These legimate questions i believe should have an answers.

Many people have been disappointed by the women they loved most. Most have died as a result of this. A lot too have gone mad. i dont think you are wrong as people are saying. Your life is important to me and to a thousand people who sees as their mentor. Please think very seriously about this.

Now to the issue, "will my career affect my relationship". the answer to your problem is a Big yes and No. Your career can be a hindrance to your relationship and it can also not be a hindrance. Why do I say this. It is simply. Look around you and the evidence is clear.

Naturally, all women love to be where thing are good, enjoying,pleasant, and all the adjective you can think about. With this their love is defined. They love you because you have what they want, and possess all they wish to have to enjoy life to the full. What do you think would happen if the opposite occur? well, your guess is as right aa mine. they would surely leave.

On the other hand, as i stated above true love can withstand all situations,good or bad.

Dont worry my brother, love can do some funny things some times. It is all for the good of man.

Think deeply about what I have said so far and I think you can get some sense out of it.

Always remember that women are unpredictable.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by babymine(f): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2006
Try and aim high in life. Always be positive minded cos you are a product of your thots. You can make it. smiley smiley
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by derinsola(f): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2007
What i will tell you is that always aim high and don't let your girls career bother you cos if it does you will not like it,

But if your girl loves you no matter what you earn she will always be by your side,

I will never say Cos earn more than my guy i should leave any girl that does that is a big fooollllllll
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by moondust(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2007
keep ur game tight, man . thats the only way u'll keep her from bolting on u
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by saintchux(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2007
You are not confidence at all. You are been intimidated by your girl. You should be the one encouraging her, and behold you are afraid. sorry! If you think you will fail, definitely you have failed already. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. Go and read motivational books.

I don't believe in defeat, I think victory, I get victory. best of luck boy!
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by Seun(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2007
If the guy's way of thinking will make him feel inferior to his lady if she's successful , then they should breakup.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by junegirl(f): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2007
@Saintchux and Seun

Well said guys!

@keele

Man, you sound seriously insecure. It seems that you're not on the same wavelength&mindset with your girlfriend and that's exactly what is scaring you. Tell me are you going out with her because you're confident you have all she desires in a man or because you think she helps you boost you ego, when peopl see her as your girlfriend they'll respect you? I've seen guys who are happy to have their wives earn more than them. Probably because they know their worth is more than the paycheck. The bottomline is; a lady likes a man that is strong and confident in himself and what he can do. Are you?
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by GLORY20071(f): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2007
i think for every successful man there is a strong woman in the background,
for some that strength lies in their creative thinking,ability to tarry in prayers or just being supportive of their man by making the home conducive enough for him to unwind and think.
i will advise you to study your woman to know what drives that quest for success and how she has in her own way helped you to aim and achieve great heights in your life.
The bottomline is that you need God's direction in this important area of your life.
i hate mediocrity and have insatiable taste for excellence and success that most times scare man but i believe that most successful men tap into it and fly into their destiny.
if you are Nigeria, i will advise you to go read the punch of Thursday,12th April and see how Jimoh Ibrahim described his wife.
The truth is that for both the man and woman who you marry can make or mar your destiny.

this is my personal opinion
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2007
i think for every successful man there is a strong woman in the background,
Why must a woman be in the background if she has something to offer the world?

1 Like

Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by nazzyon(m): 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2007
I believe part of the questions has been answered. Remember that large % of ladies has readily rely on their future husbands.

But dude don't worry. Once you did not show your weak point I believe she won't think low of you. Just pray that you succeed.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by junegirl(f): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2007
@Glory 2007
Please tell me what it was that Jimoh Ibrahim said about his wife, 'cos I was of the opinion that he doesn't give the woman due regard
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by Tobiegal(f): 8:14am On Apr 18, 2007
Wel, al i ave 2 say is dis: 'KISS'

'Keep it Simple Stupid'

U r a product of ur thot, fear is aiight if u dont allow it consume u.

So keep ur head up straight n high regardless of wot ur gal might be cooking up! wink
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by dremoney(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2007
rubbish talk!!

u beta face ur book.
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by Galadriel(f): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2007
Hi,
I just recently joined Nairaland after reading so many forum threads that I think I its started growing on ma forehead. shocked
I am looking forward to discussing interesting topics!!!
Re: Will My Career Affect My Relationship? by Mustay(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2012
I smell inferiority complex and for any reason, the fears you mentioned ought to be enough to motivate you against failure

(1) (Reply)

Cisa Discussions / List Of Highest Paid Ceos In Nigeria And What They Earn / They Are Out Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.