Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) (24435 Views)

Soldiers Who Beat Up A Police Traffic Warden In Ibadan Arrested (Video) / Police Wrongly Parade Movie Prop Manager As Criminal In Akwa Ibom (photo) / Driver Absconds With Company's Vehicle And Money In Rivers State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by iGISTMORE: 5:32am On Dec 13, 2018
A driver, Solomon Okon, who absconded with his boss’ Honda CRV Sport Utility Vehicle in Ibadan, has been arrested in Akwa Ibom State.

The Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, Abiodun Odude, made this known while parading suspects arrested in connection with various crimes by men of the command.

Odude said, “Having successfully stolen the car, the suspect (Okon) escaped with it to Akwa Ibom State, where it was sold to a criminal receiver.

“Consequent upon the report made to the police by the owner of the stolen car, operatives of the F-SARS, Oyo State Police Command, immediately commenced investigation, which led to the arrest of the suspect in his criminal hideout in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State. Upon his arrest, the suspect led the operatives to a hotel in the same town, where the car was recovered.”

According to the police boss, discreet findings revealed that some sensitive materials of one of the leading political parties in the country were found in the SUV when it was recovered.

The owner of the vehicle, Mrs Olufunke Obaba, explained in an interview that Okon was employed as her driver on September 18, 2018, and by October 15, he drove her to the University College Hospital, Ibadan, for a check-up.

Obaba stated, “We got there around 8.30am. He parked and I entered the hospital. About two and half hours later, I came back and my car wasn’t where it was parked. I called his numbers, none was going through. Then, I called my husband and told him to come and pick me. He came and took me back to the office.

“I thought he(Okon) just drove the car out to enjoy himself and that he would bring it back. But between 3pm and 4pm, we felt we needed to report to the police. So, we went to the Yemetu Police Station in Ibadan, where we reported the disappearance of the driver and the car, and the police took it up from there.

“The following day, the station directed us to the office of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad at Dugbe, Ibadan, with a letter and a policeman. We got there and they started their job.”

Though Obaba, who owns a nursery and primary school in the vicinity of one of the military barracks in Ibadan, stated that she got the driver through an agent, investigation revealed that a soldier stood as a guarantor for Okon, who committed the alleged crime before his first salary could be paid.

After driving away with the car, the tracker on the vehicle showed that he was at a time in Ijebu Ode in Ogun State, and the last time the vehicle was captured on the tracker was at Igbokoda, Ondo State, before it resurfaced in Akwa Ibom State.

It was gathered that detectives travelled from Ibadan to Akwa Ibom State three times before they could apprehend the suspect.

In an interview with journalists, Okon confessed to the crime and appealed to the police to forgive him.

See more here - http://gistmore.com/driver-absconds-with-boss-car-in-ibadan-arrested-in-akwa-ibom-photo

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by iGISTMORE: 5:32am On Dec 13, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by alonzoiv(m): 5:44am On Dec 13, 2018
Fool...

In an interview with journalists, Okon confessed to the crime and appealed to the police to forgive him.

Would he have begged for forgiveness if he wasn't caught?

Medicine after death. Let him face the consequences of his actions.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by mainkendo: 5:44am On Dec 13, 2018
Ipob boys

4 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by funstufz: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2018
Hmmm, so none of the check point suspected the driver from Ibadan Oyo State to Akwa Ibom...

Or they were busy checking another thing...

undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Kewtt: 6:11am On Dec 13, 2018

According to the police boss, discreet findings revealed that some sensitive materials of one of the leading political parties in the country were found in the SUV when it was recovered.

Hmmm guess the party?!

2 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by CarGuidNG: 6:27am On Dec 13, 2018
Comprehensive vehicle insurance, more discretion in hiring strangers and a tracking system would prevent or resolve situations like these.
In any case we provide customized VIN Checks and reports for car buyers, dealers and owners to ensure you don't end up with a vehicle with dangerous and hidden damage history
Signature

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by yjgm(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
Oleeeee
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by hisexcellency34: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
King Solomon will be weeping in the grave reading this

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
most thieves lacks in intellectual abilities, only muscles and guts no brain......when you don't calculate your moves, u always end up behind bars or morgues wif tags on big toes.....a car thieves should have these two ready before embarking on any exploit, a mechanic he can trust and a ready market

4 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by BruncleZuma: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
Please forgive him, it was the work of the devil, The devil pushed him.
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by omoadeleye(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2018
every southwest news from Ibadan these days

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by deepwater(f): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2018
lol
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2018
n d leading politcal party has no name
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by calamus(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2018
but is fuel you were looking for na, abi Okon? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by feelzie(m): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2018
pls nairalanders download my latest songs online #missing u#let me#...just Google my name Feelzie ....thanks
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Oyindidi(f): 8:34am On Dec 13, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Lexusgs430: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2018
When we talk about trackers, pipu go dey yarb us..... Without this tracker, tell me how they would have recovered this vehicle and captured this rogue?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2018
iGISTMORE:

See more here - http://gistmore.com/driver-absconds-with-boss-car-in-ibadan-arrested-in-akwa-ibom-photo

grin Solomon Okon

NCAN, over to you guys grin

#saynototribalism

3 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2018
The car was retrieved from APC campaign trail. Now they have refused to mention the party. APC chieftain bought the car and used it for governorship campaigns. It was on the first day of AKHA invasion by APC that the car was tracked by police with campaign materials.

8 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by mikejj(m): 8:37am On Dec 13, 2018
grin grin okon wan go village go form say hin don hamma..and girls go foolishly folow him..pussy cat e no b tiger

2 Likes

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2018
IFNOTGOD:
n d leading politcal party has no name

APC
Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by civilserva: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2018
Good the car was recovered. Why are people nowadays not interested in genuine means of livelihood.

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by urbanemind(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2018
darkcaesar03360:
most thieves lacks in intellectual abilities, only muscles and guts no brain......when you don't calculate your moves, u always end up behind bars or morgues wif tags on big toes.....a car thieves should have these two ready before embarking on any exploit, a mechanic he can trust and a ready market
car thief spotted!!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by sacramento1212: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2018
Lexusgs430:
When we talk about trackers, pipu go dey yarb us..... Without this tracker, tell me how they would have recovered this vehicle and captured this rogue?

Tracker is good but comprehensive insurance is the best. Some insurance companies actually install tracker on vehicles free of charge. Installing tracker without a comprehensive insurance on a vehicle that is highly prone to theft to me doesn't make sense.

Sometimes the thieves are tech savvy and can halt this tracker and further disconnect. It has happened to a friend that lost his Toyota Camry to robbers which a tracking device was installed in the year 2010. Till date, no show. But with the comprehensive insurance, you are covered for all which also includes accidents.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by dotunbidemi: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2018
Igbo Amaka grin

1 Like

Re: Driver Absconds With Boss’ Car In Ibadan, Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photo) by mechanics(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2018
He's an ungrateful servant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Poly Student, Victoria Alo, Hit By Highway Policeman As She Bleeds / Ibrahim Abubakar Of NFF Shot Dead / Drug Baron Bags 10 Years In Prison For Smuggling Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.