Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? (8212 Views)

What's Your First Memory Verse? / Memory Verse For Today / Daily Memory Verse And Explanation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Serendip: 9:22am On Dec 16, 2018
So happy Sunday everyone..

I remember childhood days, when we were always reciting memory verses from the Bible to the delight of our parents.
Good times..

My favorite remains psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want..

So let’s begin, what was yours?

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Makito015(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2018
Mark 1:17
Jesus said unto them, follow me and I will make you fishers of men

8 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Malocity(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2018
Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink

Eph. 6:1-2

8 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:36am On Dec 16, 2018
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son Jesus Christ; that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Let's hear from lalasticlala

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by amaniro: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2018
Isaiah 60: 1: Arise shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon thee, darkness shall cover the earth and gross darkness to thy people.

1st Thessalonians 4:11 And this should be your ambition: To live a quiet life and mind your own business

9 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by amaniro: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2018
Malocity:
Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promisewink

Eph. 6:1-2

Do you know this is not complete??cheesy

Parents shy away from the next verse cause it says"Parent do not do anything that provokes or annoy your children"cheesy

African parents hate this versecheesy

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Serendip: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2018
John 3:16 was the numero uno smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by leonard002(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2018
John 11v35 Jesus wept

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Serendip: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
amaniro:

Parents shy away from the next verse cause it says"Parent do not do anything that provokes or annoy your children"cheesy

lol african parents too smart for their own good sometimes

7 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Malocity(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2018
amaniro:

Yes. And I never bothered myself reading down. I just end at verse 2. Brain washing?

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Serendip: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2018
leonard002:
John 11v35 Jesus wept
The easiest of all..I know say na back you dey siddon for Sunday school grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
My favourite was Phillipians 4:

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by hisexcellency34: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
“From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. ‘Get out of here, baldy!’ they said. ‘Get out of here, baldy!’ He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.”

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by UnknownT: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
Jesus wept cry cry cry
John 11:35

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Zanotee: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
Philippians 4:19 -My God shall supply all my needs...

Proverb 20:13 -do not love sleep, or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have good to spare.

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Dinho20(m): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
ISAIAH 49:24-26

NO ONE MESSES UP WITH ME

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
John 1135
I dont attend Church Service again. I told my Pastor am no longer coming. Every Sunday they ask for Offerings up to SEVEN TIMES. Sometimes Pastor will be calling names one after the other.
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by ujampie: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
Matthew 5:16
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by Dahkogrin007(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
Anything bou Solomon and his plenty wives
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by tstx(m): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2018
But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. Genesis 38:9

Meanwhile Did you know that back in the 1800's negro slaves had their own Bible?
Slave Bible From The 1800s Omitted Bible Passages That Could Incite Rebellion

In the Slave Bible Passages that could have prompted rebellion were removed, And verses that reinforced the institution of slavery, were kept.

"Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ." Ephesians 6:5
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by helinues: 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2018
The lord is my shepherd even though I don't known which verse is in the bible.
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by yvelchstores(f): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son Jesus
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by deafeyez: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
JOHN 3:16 ALWAYS
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by BruncleZuma: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
Jesus Wept
John 11v35
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by AngelicBeing: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
It is not he that runs or wills but God that shows mercy cool
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by iHart(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
John 10:30

Mu na Nna m bu otu.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by YESpParticipant: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
John 3:16 and John 11:35 grin
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by ebicon(f): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
Psalm 91 and 23, I cannot differentiate the verses grin
Re: What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? by sanpipita(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
Lick me like a lollipop.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? / Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? / Why Do Atheist Hate Something That Doesn' Exit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.