Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,633 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. (2541 Views)

My Compaq Presario Cq56 Freezes After Installing Windows 8 / Requirements For Installing Windows 10 Or Windows 8 Operating Sysem / Lesson : How I Solved My Hanging Laptop Problem Back To Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2018
I have a Windows 10 1507 Build CD I bought long time ago,that I used in Installing windows 10 on my Laptop.As you know,build 1507 is the first build and you will agree with me that july 2015 is a long time from October 2018. I wouldn't even have bothered much about not using the latest windows 10 update,if not for the constant reminder by windows update assistant that i should update my computer.
So few months ago i decided to update my Pc,(I disabled automatic update previously). After all the time,data and stress my updates were ready and i restarted my Pc to complete the update,only for me to be greeted with "Diagnosing your Pc" "Windows is repairing your Pc",i did all i could do to get it back to working properly but none of them work,name it fast reset,system restore,mbr repair using cmd etc,so i had to reinstall the 1507 build CD again. The stressful part of reinstalling an OS is not the time it takes to reinstall the OS,its the time it will take you to reinstall all your software and transfer your files back,in my case,my files are almost 500gb in size. So i told myself thats it,i will just be using this version like that.
Few months down the road,i had a change of heart and decided to update my windows to the latest version to have a taste of the new features i have read about online,after downloading,i was prompted to restart my Pc and boom my Pc crashed again. So i decided to just go straight to Microsoft page and download the latest build,now this is where my story really begins. cheesy
Challenge One:
As many of you would have noticed,visiting Microsoft page with any device that runs Windows OS will make it impossible for you to download the .iso file directly unless you download media creation tool.exe or Windows Upgrade assistant which are then run on your windows device to download the Windows 10 OS or you visit the site with non windows device.
Solution One:
I tried using my phone,i cancelled it after seeing the time it took to get to 200mb(file size is 4.7gb precisely). Then i inserted my ubuntu live CD into my Pc drive and booted from CD/DVD. I opened firefox and visited the site,i was able to download the .iso directly but yet its not as fast as I.D.M on windows. When it got to about 500mb i cancelled it and rebooted to windows again.
I solved this challenge by downloading "user agent switcher addon" for firefox.Open firefox,options,add ons,extensions.then type " user agent switcher" then press enter. this add on will be installed on your firefox browser,it allows you to switch between about 26 user agents like macbook,android,iphone,safari,googlebot,msnbot etc. I clicked on its icon on thr left corner of firefox and selected android,and refresh the pages.any site i opened,my OS is dedected as Android not windows. I visited the Microsoft windows 10 1809 download page and downloaded the .iso file directly using I.D.M which is 400 times faster than browser download.
This is the first hurdle wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
My next step was to burn the iso file to a dvd or usb device. Copying the file to the disc or usb will not work,you need a third party software that will make the disc or usb bootable. I used rufus for it. Inserted my usb drive,run rufus which detected the external storage device(usb) automatically, then i selected my .iso file and i click start. When its done it makes bleep sounds and write completed.

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by oyekanwahab(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
following
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
After burning the file to usb,i restarted my Pc,Press the F12 key(in very fast succession so as not to make windows load from Hard drive). Then i was prompted to press any key if i would want to install windows,which i did. Then windows starts its thing,it was very fast compare to other versions of windows,especially XP and Vista. I think it took less than 10 minutes before going into desktop where it took few more minutes to complete installation.
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
Now i felt so much joy seeing windows boot into desktop at last,knowing i am one of the very few windows 10 users running 2018 october latest build on their Pc.
Challenge Two:
Now after completing installation,the first thing i do is activate windows right away,after which i start by updating and installing drivers.Most of my drivers were installed automatically,i only had to reinstall LAN driver and Display driver. Both Wifi and audio were installed automatically.
For Windows activation,i have MS Tool kit 2.64 which i have used to permanently activate both windows 7 and 10 and Ms Office severally.
But to my greatest survive i used it on windows 10 1809 and it didnt work,it said kms couldnt activate windows i was so surprised and little bit troubled. So i did some research and i was told all version of Mstoolkit or Auto kms do not work on 1809 build,i was like are you kidding me cry

1 Like

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
I stumbled on some tech forum like reddit where i gathered some intelligence and i decided to try them one by one to see the one that would work. Some recommended hdwidgen as a new subtitute for Ms toolkit,some recommended going into powershell but i decided to start from the easiest,which seems most unlikely to work.
Solution:
I opened Ms toolkit,clickrd on setting,change the localhostbypass method (previously dll injection),to "Tap Adapter" and save.
now i went back to Ms toolkit and clicked on the windows logo,Activation.EZ Activator,it runs for about 15 seconds then writes KMS install sucessful
windows activation successful,hurray cheesy

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
The next thing is to confirm if the windows OS has been activated by restarting the Pc ,going This Pc,properties. My windows 10 1809 build is now activated. cool
Last thing to do is to spend the next few days installing my software and transfering files.
Hihhhhaaaaaaa wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by udemzyudex(m): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
Nice one, weldone OP.
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2018
The new windows settings look

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2018
The new windows security look with new added features

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2018
Good news,ransomeware protection has been added to windows 10,the windows defender,which is Microsoft's default Antivirus has been greatly improved. When windows 10 was initially released,windows defender was ranked as one of the worst Pc protection,but its rating has greatly improved from the few reviews i read.

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2018
The windows start menu has been changed,People icon added to task bar where you can easily add your contacts and connect with them anywhere in the world,the safely remove icon now look like a usb stick with transparent case, task view added to task bar where you have access to all our open folders and files,and choose anyone easily without closing your current windows.Search bar has changed also and looks so much better. Gaming has been added to windows settings,as well as Phone settings that helps you continue whatsoever you doing on your Pc on your Phone,and vice versa. Family options also added,where you can set parental control

Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Androidking: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
U forgot to mention the dark theme is now in to folders and its the coolest, I hope one day they make it transparent too
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 21, 2018
It only gets better, Greatzeus. Please, I'ld like to share in your joy by requesting for latest .iso file. You could send to my mail. I hope it doesn't drain battery life o.
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by siegfried99(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2018
Nice one
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
girlsandgoodies:
It only gets better, Greatzeus. Please, I'ld like to share in your joy by requesting for latest .iso file. You could send to my mail. I hope it doesn't drain battery life o.
srlezekiel@gmail.com
The .iso file is 4.7gb and cannot be attached to email,you can only copy it and burn it to DVD or us yourself. It is the latest build and will save the headache of cumulative updates.
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Greatzeus(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
girlsandgoodies:
srlezekiel@gmail.com
The .iso file is 4.7gb and cannot be attached to email,you can only copy it and burn it to DVD or usb yourself. It is the latest build and will save the headache of cumulative updates.
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
Greatzeus:

The .iso file is 4.7gb and cannot be attached to email,you can only copy it and burn it to DVD or usb yourself. It is the latest build and will save the headache of cumulative updates.
Thought as much. Which data plan do you suscribe to in downloading that file? Kindly recommend a used mifi or wifi dongle for sale, thanks.
Re: My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. by Edopesin: 12:44pm On May 04, 2020
Greatzeus:
I have a Windows 10 1507 Build CD I bought long time ago,that I used in Installing windows 10 on my Laptop.As you know,build 1507 is the first build and you will agree with me that july 2015 is a long time from October 2018. I wouldn't even have bothered much about not using the latest windows 10 update,if not for the constant reminder by windows update assistant that i should update my computer.
So few months ago i decided to update my Pc,(I disabled automatic update previously). After all the time,data and stress my updates were ready and i restarted my Pc to complete the update,only for me to be greeted with "Diagnosing your Pc" "Windows is repairing your Pc",i did all i could do to get it back to working properly but none of them work,name it fast reset,system restore,mbr repair using cmd etc,so i had to reinstall the 1507 build CD again. The stressful part of reinstalling an OS is not the time it takes to reinstall the OS,its the time it will take you to reinstall all your software and transfer your files back,in my case,my files are almost 500gb in size. So i told myself thats it,i will just be using this version like that.
Few months down the road,i had a change of heart and decided to update my windows to the latest version to have a taste of the new features i have read about online,after downloading,i was prompted to restart my Pc and boom my Pc crashed again. So i decided to just go straight to Microsoft page and download the latest build,now this is where my story really begins. cheesy
Challenge One:
As many of you would have noticed,visiting Microsoft page with any device that runs Windows OS will make it impossible for you to download the .iso file directly unless you download media creation tool.exe or Windows Upgrade assistant which are then run on your windows device to download the Windows 10 OS or you visit the site with non windows device.
Solution One:
I tried using my phone,i cancelled it after seeing the time it took to get to 200mb(file size is 4.7gb precisely). Then i inserted my ubuntu live CD into my Pc drive and booted from CD/DVD. I opened firefox and visited the site,i was able to download the .iso directly but yet its not as fast as I.D.M on windows. When it got to about 500mb i cancelled it and rebooted to windows again.
I solved this challenge by downloading "user agent switcher addon" for firefox.Open firefox,options,add ons,extensions.then type " user agent switcher" then press enter. this add on will be installed on your firefox browser,it allows you to switch between about 26 user agents like macbook,android,iphone,safari,googlebot,msnbot etc. I clicked on its icon on thr left corner of firefox and selected android,and refresh the pages.any site i opened,my OS is dedected as Android not windows. I visited the Microsoft windows 10 1809 download page and downloaded the .iso file directly using I.D.M which is 400 times faster than browser download.
This is the first hurdle wink

check your mail please

(1) (Reply)

CLEAN US USED DELL CORE i3 LAPTOP —- SOLD / Clean US Used Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12 - X360, Touchscreen, Core I5 / New Way Of Sending Sms And Browsing Free On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.