Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

I need someone to help me with these questions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I need someone to help me with these questions (645 Views)

Before You Install A Wordpress Plugin, Ask These Questions / I Need Someone To Help Me Tweak A Wordpress Theme / I Need Someone With An Active Paypal Account To Help Me Buy A Theme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I need someone to help me with these questions by damilola4162(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2018
Hello, please I need someone to help me answer this questions (I have an AdSense account already approved.)
1.) what is different between domain and hosting.
2.)Do I need both for my blog.
3.) when I buy domain and host will the two star working for my blog site.
Re: I need someone to help me with these questions by airsaylongcon: 6:57am On Dec 17, 2018
In very lay terms

Domain:your online address such as www.cnn.com or www.bbc.com

Hosting:the files that are displayed when your Web address is called (via a Web browser) must be stored (hosted) somewhere.

So if you have a domain name without a host its like having a SIM without a phone. The phone (host) is what makes your sim (domain) reachable
Re: I need someone to help me with these questions by Bigboy289(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
damilola4162:
Hello, please I need someone to help me answer this questions (I have an AdSense account already approved.)
yes, you need both,

Domain is like buying a name for your company like www.elearnpro.com.ng ,while hosting is buying space on servers from hosting company so that they can help you host your site. I hope that answers your questions !
Re: I need someone to help me with these questions by sparkle6(m): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
damilola4162:
In its simplistic form, lets say you live in a house as a tenant then a Domain name is the name of your compound< website e.g www.damilola.com >, so if anyone wants to look for you he/she comes to your compound<domain name> and your kid bro < web browser > tells you that someone is looking for you.
Without your domain name noone will know if your website exists in the net.
The web Host is the landlord who accomodates you, your clothes, chairs etc <qservers, bluehost> that is, your website files, html files, pictures, data, database etc. If you dont renew your rent, the landlord kicks you out.
That is if you dönt renew your hosting fee, the web host will stop hosting your site and it goes offline.
Yes you need the both.
And yes you can host the site yourself but it gulps resources both financially and security wise.
Re: I need someone to help me with these questions by damilola4162(m): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
Thanks you so much God bless everyone.
Re: I need someone to help me with these questions by Bigboy289(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2018
damilola4162:
Thanks you so much God bless everyone.
Amen, you are welcome anytime

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Own Domain With A Free Trial And Other Special Offers / Must Read For Bloggers: Increase Your Traffic Now!! / I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.