Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

What Do You Think? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think? (601 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think? by MOG2009: 3:19am On Aug 04, 2010
My Pastor friend called me to seek my opinion on this issue. Eight months ago, he joined this local church in the States and four months later, he became one of the associated pastors out of four pastors excluding the General Overseer. The church membership is 100 at this time. He told me that he was given a six months probation before he was allowed to ministry and absorbed into the pastoral board. During this time, he observed and noticed alot of mistakes or errors that needed to be fixed. Two weeks ago, he wrote a seven point agenda and gave it to the G.O to go through.  The GO looked at the points and refused to accept the change. Meanwhile, my friend told the G.O that he wouldn't seat among other aassociatepastors because he felt uncomfortable with the no grow of the ministry that was founded 15 years ago!
Last week sunday, my Pastor friend refused to sit at among the Pulpit and this got the GO upset. The GO summon my friend and expressed his displeased and also affirmed his stand  of " no turning back"on the seven point agenda. This also spark the nonchalant attitude of my pastor's friend and he refused to compel. However,  the GO is more concerned about my friend's action (refusal to sit among other pastors at the Pulpit because he (General Overseer) feels  this may divided the church, rather than the necessary change needed to grow the church. Therefore, my Pastor friend and the GO agreed that he submit a "letter of resignation" as a sign to step aside from the Pulpit, he want to do this in good faith as the GO pointed this is formal way to go about it  and it  wouldn't divide the church. My Pastor friend is thinking otherwise, what do you think
Re: What Do You Think? by nuclearboy(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2010
Considering its not his "business" but God's work, I think he ought seek God's Guidance rather than advice from men (any or all men). If truly called of God, he definitely has a connection that will ensure he "hears" God's counsel. Thats if God's mind isn't already clear from the Word of God!
Re: What Do You Think? by MOG2009: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2010
@Nuclearboy, I'm not getting your point.
Re: What Do You Think? by nuclearboy(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2010
^^ Okay, try follow this

[1] Your friend is a pastor
[2] That means he is doing God's work (if he was called by God)
[3] He has a problem concerning ministry work which is therefore, God's work
[4] What he should do is go to God for help NOT ask ANY HUMAN BEING for advice.

I hope you understand now. Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Killing Pastor For Raping His Daughter / The Tongue / They Refuse Correction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.