Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong (597 Views)

Beware!! My 2014 GX460 Cleared By Adexfem Was Impounded By Custom Officers Today / *SOLD**SOLD*My 2014 Toyota Corolla- First Grade, Pristine / My 2014 Hyundai Accent Has Ecu/brainbox Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong by hardbody: 6:58am On Dec 17, 2018
So i got into the country and chose to personally drive down my avensis to the villa for use this yuletide. When I sent my prado last year, the conveyor purportedly kept fixing the fuel issues until he agreed he'd gotten home.

Fast track to Friday last week i drove from lagos up to agbor and refilled my car. The first sign of stalling happened inside owerri town, then again at emekuku. It thereafter drove all the way to umuahia

Please masters in the house, what could be the explanation to the stalling? Fuel pump? Dirty fuel? Please kindly advise as I intend to drive to the village finally early next week.

GAZZUZZ. ...I have popped in severally to see you, i even called. If we had met, i won't be sharing this negative testimony
Re: My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong by eGarage(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2018
hardbody:
So i got into the country and chose to personally drive down my avensis to the villa for use this yuletide. When I sent my prado last year, the conveyor purportedly kept fixing the fuel issues until he agreed he'd gotten home.

Fast track to Friday last week i drove from lagos up to agbor and refilled my car. The first sign of stalling happened inside owerri town, then again at emekuku. It thereafter drove all the way to umuahia

Please masters in the house, what could be the explanation to the stalling? Fuel pump? Dirty fuel? Please kindly advise as I intend to drive to the village finally early next week.

GAZZUZZ. ...I have popped in severally to see you, i even called. If we had met, i won't be sharing this negative testimony

Kindly advise the mileage.

The first thing to suspect would be fuel related most especially when the issue started shortly after buying fuel. The tank may be dirty and the new fuel could have stirred the dirt in the tank.
SOLUTION Please try buy in tank injector cleaner at any reliable has station and pour into your tank. Observe and give us a feedback.

I hope this helps.
Re: My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong by hardbody: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2018
eGarage:

Kindly advise the mileage.

The first thing to suspect would be fuel related most especially when the issue started shortly after buying fuel. The tank may be dirty and the new fuel could have stirred the dirt in the tank.
SOLUTION Please try buy in tank injector cleaner at any reliable has station and pour into your tank. Observe and give us a feedback.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. Mileage is below 50k, about 44k. I will get the cleaner and try that out when I go to pick the vehicle. I flew back to Lagos after dropping the car at umuahia
Re: My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2018
hardbody:

power loss or jerking? If power loss, replace fuel pump complete with assy
Re: My 2014 Avensis Stalls On The Move, What Went Wrong by hardbody: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

power loss or jerking? If power loss, replace fuel pump complete with assy

Thank you Boss. It's power loss. Can you help me get Avensis 2014 power pump so i can get them to change it at location. The car left lagos to umuahia last Friday.

Appreciated

(1) (Reply)

Superclean Like Mint 08 Ford Ranger Toks Single Cabin With Ac For Jst 2.8m See / Honda Accord 2002 Model @ 450k sold / 2 Months Used Brown 2009 Toyota Venza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.