Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

"Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw (32740 Views)

Messi accused of 'disappearing' in big games by PSG legend after UCL exit / Lionel Messi Trolled For His New Looks After UCL Exit (Photo) / Cristiano Ronaldo Mobbed By Fans At Juventus Team Hotel After UCL Win (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by reportminds: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is wary of the threat posed by the Reds' Champions League last-16 opponents Bayern Munich, refusing to underestimate Niko Kovac's men.

The two sides have had contrasting starts to the season, with Liverpool exceeding expectations by sitting top, while Bayern are nine points adrift of Bundesliga pacesetters Borussia Dortmund.

Liverpool have picked up where they left off last season and look set to push Manchester City all the way in the Premier League title race.

But Bayern have been wildly erratic and seen new coach Kovac come under significant pressure at times, reportedly coming close to losing his job in November.

"At the end, it's a football game on the highest level and we have to play it," Klopp told Liverpool's official website.

"We knew it before, it's not that anybody thought 'thank God it's Liverpool', so we don't think 'thank God it's Bayern'.

"It's a tough one, but that's how it should be. It's the last 16 of the Champions League so there are only tough teams in and I'm really excited about it."

The draw will see Klopp return to his native Germany for the away leg, and he is excited about the prospect of going up against the side he endured many monumental tussles with in his time at Dortmund.

"In the last couple of years, they have dominated the German league in the best period of German football," Klopp added.

"Everybody was talking about Germany being in a really good moment and Bayern was dominating the league, that's the truth.

"It's nice. It's obviously long ago that I played Bayern in a competitive game, so I'm really looking forward to it.

"We all know the stadium; the atmosphere will be great. It's a really nice trip for all our supporters, it's a wonderful city, so that's all good.

"The flight is not too long and we [the Liverpool staff] obviously know more about German football than about any other league, that's true, but that doesn't make a big, massive difference.

"In the end, the boys have to decide it on the pitch. Let's give it a try."

https://www.reportminds.com/2018/12/thank-god-its-bayern-klopp-reacts-after.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by oluwatosink: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bayern will beat liverpool... who is liverpool near almighty bayern.. focus on winning epl title

14 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by seuncyber(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Like for Liverpool And Share for Bayern Munich,

276 Likes 32 Shares

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by RTSC: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
This guy talks too much.

Scousers generally talk too much. Must be something in their water.

3 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by NotBeenPaid: 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2018

YNWA!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by playpaz: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
Taaaa he's being sarca grin, if you know you know

1 Like

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Riversides2003(m): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
Don’t be too confident Klopp, it’s soccer and a game of 2 legs. I don’t think you know what it means for luck to be against you, ask Man U against Arsenal 2005 FA cup final.

6 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
Like for Buhari, Share for Atiku

33 Likes 105 Shares

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Bills2307(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
;Dmatch wey we don win finish. YNWA..Manchester United cake to pack bus ND look wat they took home

11 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Pruwa: 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bayern against Liverpool
I hope Liverpool will pull up a surprise and Beat bayern

3 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by lilmax(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
I'm Happy for Liverpool though, even though they caused my first heart break
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Topmaike007(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
bayern go kill them

2 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by chendstone01(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
Liverpool are winning three trophies this season
quote me I will reply ASAP

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by chinemso(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
klopp just keep quiet lipsrsealed, no dey talk like parrot, a man is measured by his actions not words

2 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by oskaroni(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
Fym mr klopp, empty barrel na im loud pass, mayb d guy tink say na every team be Manyeeuw
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by devigblegble: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
We won’t walk alone # Liverpool for life #

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Passionate888: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bayern dey f up
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Notion(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
Liverpool is winning this one...am putting my money on it

YNWA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by JeogahII(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
it is going to be tough contest but Liverpool is going to win
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by PUSSYHOE(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
Liverpool draw to beryern is like offering a Yoruba man free vagina.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by remi4ever(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
nj
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by donchrisville: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
ynwa
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
chendstone01:
Liverpool are winning three trophies this season

quote me I will reply ASAP

Pls gimme the number of your weed dealer, it seems his sh!t is very strong

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Damitism: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
Stupid click-bait

1 Like

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by ZombieTAMER: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
Bayern Munich are on a different level to Liverpool..

But in football.. Anything is possible
Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by timmyshot(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
RTSC:
This guy talks too much.

He talk and he does the magic with his tactics on field

you talk I quote you end of story

4 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by timmyshot(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
RTSC:
This guy talks too much.
He talk and he does the magic with his tactics on field
you talk I quote you end of story

1 Like

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by amalab30(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
When you want to comment, comment - understanding the topic. Is Klopp from Liverpool to have made him Scouse? I know you're a manc fan and the drubbing of y'day is still sore till now. Plus, quote where he has spoken too much.

OP even misled people wid his caption, read through and see that Klopp never mentioned that.

[quoteSC post=73931437]This guy talks too much.

Scousers generally talk too much. Must be something in their water. [/quote]

6 Likes

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
RTSC:
This guy talks too much.

Lol, evidence that neither the creator of this thread nor you read the full article, Kloop never said those words in the way the Op coined it to sound, headlines never tell the true story, bloggers twist words to sell stories.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Thank God It's Bayern" - Klopp Reacts After UCL Round Of 16 Draw by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
RTSC:
This guy talks too much.

A bereaved mancs spotted

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rohr Releases 24-man List To Face Algeria (Full List) / Lionel Messi Confirms The Birth Of His Third Son, Ciro / France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.