Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,948 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Twins - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twins (7245 Views)

Sharron-twins TV Entertainment / Twins Adventures / The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twins by pacifust058(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Thanks gee
Re: Twins by Oyinprince(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
TWINS - Episode 26

©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

5 years later.....

Jake stood on top of the new building he had built. An estate with some apartments ready to be occupied . He felt proud of his achievements. There was nothing more fulfilling than working hard and having a successful business.

Back at home he left Isabel with their 8 years old son, a replica of hinself. Jake though sometimes felt guitly for his actions and the way he ended up with Isabel, he was just glad his life was going on well except for one thing,

The family for Isabel were always on him.

Time and again they called him and Isabel to ask about Elizabeth, he had a hard time all the time telling them the girl was safe and well.

What he could not get to tell them though was the truth about his identity.

He recalled one evening when his supposed father in law went to visit them. He called him to the have a lone talk with him.

" I know we have talked about this before Mike, but today i want to air my dispointment with you. I know nothing about your brother or have I seen him. I am not even sure who you really are right now but the thing of you letting your brother take away by grand child is unbelievable.

How can a man of your calibre do this, you can not tell me you have failed to locate your brother over the years. " Isabel's father remarked

" what did you want me to tell you father? He took her away and i have decided to get easy on that. After all we know he won't hurt her. We have this family to work on and am sure my son is your grand too. I can assure you when I find my girl, you will be the first to know. " he responded with an inch of sarcasm his father inlaw shook his head disappointed .

" don't let me start making asumptons Mike. " he scoffed angrily.

" and what is that supposed to mean?" Jake laughed looking at the old man.

" well, you have suddenly gotten rich. Building an eastate and running a business which is trending in yhe business world. Your business is growing everyday ....."

He could not get to the end of his sentence and Jake laughed so hard holding his mouth.

" hm. You are serious? " he asked seeing the man not reacting to his laugh he kept a stern look at him.

" I cannot believe this" Jake chuckled shaking his head.

" oh now am a ritualist who took my own daughter for rituals to get wealthy. I could have never guessed you thought of me that way father, am honestly taken back on this. You don't believe am a man enough to work hard and make my own money?" He added watching the now bowed face of the man before him.

" am sorry I guess am just overwhelmed with everything and I have been trying to understand what has been going on over the years" Isabel's father sighed.

" I don't have time for this anymore. Please leave my house now!" Jake stood up dismising him.

" you are now kicking me out of your house now Mike...."

" yes I am" he looked at his face giving him a look that displyed his seriousness.

The man stood and sighed looking at Jake one more time and left the house getting his wife who was still chatting with Isabel and left.

Isabel could see the tension on her father's face and when she tried to ask what happened, her father only told her she must open her eyes to see clearly.

"Jake what happened here?" She ran back inside to find Jake pouring a glass of wine in a wine glass.

" I don't want your father in my house again. " he snarled without looking at her.

" what happened that made you this mad. Can we please talk about this?" She camly asked.

" your father thinks I gave up or rather killed Elizabeth for rituals to get rich. Has anyone ever told that old man that people can work hard and get rich.? He is so backward. He scoffed gulping the contents of the glass and placing it hard on the table it made some noise.

" am sure it's a mistake he probably did not mean that, you can not talk like that about my father though. " she shook her head.

" yes I can talk anyhow I feel like Isabel. He is so old fashion he irritates me. How can he imply my wealth is from rituals? Uh what is this now, he thinks he can just come here at anytime he feels like and give me lectures like am a small child.

Well, I won't allow him. Tell him that. Am not that fool of my brother he was used to push around. I have been with you for almost 10 years now and I think I have proven am man enough. I have tried to be patient with him he never complained when I gave him money. " Jake went on ranting as Isabel sat silently listening to him.

She knew he would not stop talking until all his outburst tired out. That was one of the many times she had regreted giving up the most calm man to live with a loud man who would not give her time and chance to talk most of the times.

" mommy, I am hungry" her son walked in..

" it's alright come I prepare you something to eat" she sighed holding her son and walking away glad he went to cut the one sided conversation short.

Days later, Isabel was rushing to her car parked along the streets in Lusaka town centre when she saw Esther's daughter walking by.

She called her name and the woman stopped looking back..

" Isabel!" The lady raised her voice walking to greet her.

" yeah, it's been a while " Isabel smiled shaking her hand.

" so how is your mother. I have not seen her for a long time too" Isabel responded.

" well, she is not so well, old age I guess. She has been down the past months issues to do with her legs and back"

" that's sad, please pass my regards"

" hm. I heard Mike went away, is it true you decided to stay with that traitor? " the woman spoke without hesitation making Isabel kind of irritated by her straightness.

" you have no right to judge him or me for that matter. Anyway I just thought of saying hi I guess will see you around" Isabel turned to leave but the woman pulled her hand back.

" be ready my dear, if what my mother said is true, then you and your traitor boyfriend, well I can't call him husband because you guys where never married. But my point is that you should be ready to travel some rough path in your life too. You made that innocent man suffer and Karma will catch up with you and I can feel it all over you" the woman teased her with a laugh.

" you are really out of for mind woman. Please excuse me my son is waiting for me " she walked away leaving the woman shaking her head in disappointment.

" what a pathetic human being, who damps her husband for his brother? The world is about to end" she whsipered to herself shaking her head.

Mike looked at the mirror, he sighed heavily patting his chest.

" what is it now?" Mwanida held him from his back planting her head in his back.

" I don't know I feel cold feet all of a sudden. I have planned this day for years and now it's time, I feel i dont know.. " he shrugged turning to hold her.

" she held his face in her hands and smiled.

" I love you, I don't care what you decide to do as long as am with you aand you are safe. We have come all the way from Kenya because you thought it wise we come back. So stop stressing all shall be well. Just be carefull out there. I trust you but not your brother. " She kissed him slightly.

" I couldn't have pulled through all this if not for you my woman. Thank you for all these years together my love. Even though i could not get to marry you cause of my still married papers. I know am now going to make things right. " he smiled at her.

"So what are you doing first? Or am i not allowed to know the plan yet?" She let a laugh

" mmmhmh nope, not yet my love. You and Elizabeth can go out there and walk around the city of Lusaka whilst I finally play the last piece. I will tell you everything soon enough. " Mike kissed her and walked past her.

It was a day after they had flown back into the country. Mike lifted a small file and walked out leaving Mwanida watching him.

" daddy, where to? " Elizabeth now 12 years old met her father along the hotel passage way as she came back from the front where she had been walking around looking at some peakcock that were kept within the hotel.

" to see someone baby, your mother will take you out for whatever you want. Take care" he kissed her Forehead and left for the car he had hired to use for movemments.

" well it's high time we meet again brother" he sighed placing the key in the ignition.

Twins continues...
Re: Twins by Oyinprince(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
TWINS - Episode 27

©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Jake paced around the office his forehead sweating. The documents before him where almost giving him a heart attack.

" what is this" he audibly asked himself lifting the papers and putting them right back. He could not get what was going on. The forms in the file where indicating that Jake had lost all his investments. The titles deeds yo the estates and everything he had in his accounts was transfered to someone else.

" Zulu! Zulu! Come here right this minute!" He yelled at his lawyer on the phone. A few minutes later the lawyer walked in and Make threw the file in his face.

" what the hell is the meaning of that?" He asked and watched as the lawyer flipped through the papers.

He could not get to answer and Jake heard a soft knock from the door.

" am busy right now Silvia ! " he shouted but was shocked seeing his brother walk in wearing a wide smile.

" Mike? What the hell are you doing here?" He asked his shock unhidden.

" yes brother , happy to see me ehh?" Mike smiled stepping right in.

" am busy right now. Wait outside" Jake spoke sarcasm in his voice.

The lawyer who was now shocked seeing two people that looked the same standing before him.

He stood slowly analysing the two brothers his mouth open.

" who...." he almost asked but Mike stepped towards him " am Mike Chibende" Mike smiled

" you mean you are the one who..?"

" yes, am the owner of everything in this company. I own it all" he shrugged casually.

The lawyer sank back realization ticking in.

" what does that mean you fool, this is my company, I worked for it blood and sweat over 8 years. You come walking in here to claim everything is yours?" Jake uttered so furious his hands were shaking in rage.

" can you leave us alone Sir, my brother and I need to talk. You know, catch up it's been so long" he chuckled dismissing the lawyer.

James watched the guy leave and immediately the door closed he launched on his brother pushing him to the wall.

" what the hell have you done you idiot!" He snarled angrily.

Mike instead started laughing enjoying the moment.

" let go of my shirt you mad man" he pushed his brother back.

" what is this huh? You are acting like a mad man here. Yes I own everything, your 8 years of hard work and everything you have attained here is all mine.

If you can't believe me, well then you better check your files again." Mike sighed and sat down comfortably

" what have you done? I gave you back your money with interest. You cannot just walk in here and claim all that I have worked for is yours Mike" Jake burst out his eyes red with rage.

" hm. Interesting " Mike scoffed

" those words sound familiar Jake dont you think?" He looked at him.

" yeah they do actually, i still remember them so well cause I said them. Together with pleading for you to leave me alone. I guess I don't need to spell that out for you right?. You know so well what you did afterwards. " He stood now advancing at the humbled Jake who kept his eyes at his brother.

" you took away everything," he nodded

" every thing I worked for, everything I held dear. Without remorse of compassion you destroyed my life brother. All I did was try to be good to you, I did all I could to take care of you but you stubbed me in the heart Jake. I lost everything you know that.. " Mike paused walking towards the window shaking his head.

" you know what marvels me about all this?" He leaned on the edge of the window facing Jake.

" you even proudly took my wife and my money afterwards. You had no gut to refuse it. You just took it all away. I placed a bet before you, in my heart I trusted that my brother would never get to that point of accepting money and my wife after seeing me suffering. I so much wished you act differently but no, you couldn't, know why? " he let a laugh

" I realised you are just a bitter and jealousy person. You are driven by nothing but greedy even against your own blood. " Mike added now turning to look away.

Jake was silent he knew that his brother was out for vegnece even in his pride he feared the worst might come his way.

He cleared his throat.. " so what now? You think you can do that to me as well, take my money, probably Isabel and my child too" he scoffed making a face.

Mike laughed softly shaking his head.

" hmmm. No, more than that dear brother. I will not take Isabel from you though. You know why? "

He paused purposeful. " you two derseve each other. I have found someone far much better." He smiled.

" ahhh, oh my God you have no idea what am going to do brother, I will not only take away your money but i will make sure you feel the pain of betrayal. By the time am done with you" he closed in onto him.

" you will beg me to take your life. " Mike spat the words in his face and withdrew.

" yeah about Isabel" he turned back before leaving.

" I have found someone far much better. Am happy and I will never go back to my vomit. She is all yours you know" He repeated and opened the door leaving. Jake was stationed to one place.

He was so pissed, he kicked the wall and hit it hard in anger.

" son of the devil!" He yelled his hands shaking with rage.

" no no ! he cannot take away my money. He can't" he whsipered to himself grabbing the phone to call back the lawyer.

" so what is the probability of him taking away all my wealth?" He asked Zulu the moment he walked in.

" am afraid sir, he has the legal rights to everything. He has the powers to transfer all of it into his accounts since the documentation and everything was in his name. There is nothing for you to do everything is gone" the lawyer responded.

Jake was quiet, realising how Mike played him. He had deliberately sent someone to make a pact with him and since Jake still pretended to be Mike, everything else was in his brother's name. Her recalled what Isabel told him years back to change the names but he had insisted it was going to expose him as an imposter.

Now Jake had no way of accessing his money. Mike had blocked his access and changed ownership of everything into his daughter's name.

" we cannot let him take away everything Zulu. You are a lawyer, is there any way of reversing this?" He panicked pacing around.

" am afraid there is nothing sir. You have no power to do that and if you did, the law will be against you for using someone's names to obtain the things you have now. It's a criminal offence and you might end up prosecuted" he explained calmly.

" get out here then! " Jake yelled at the lawyer.

" hey ! out you worthless piece of shit! Incompetent lawyer!" He added slamming the door when Zulu passed through it.

Zulu shook his head looking at the Secretary..

" he is going mad" he whsipered and walked away.

Jake got home late after passing through a bar and drinking himself till he could not walk properly.

Isabel was puzzled to see his friend drive him home in that state. She pulled him to the bedroom and submerged him in the water. She made a cup of coffee for him, giving him some minutes to come to.

" what the hell is going on Jake? She asked when he seemed a bit sober.

" all my money, my hard earned money and assets, including the car I was driving, everything has been snactched away in an instant" he raised his hand clicking his fingers as he spoke.

" what do you mean by that?" She asked sitting down next to him.

" yeah you heard me right, my brother is back and he has taken everything" he looked at her and spoke with a giggle.

" what? Mike? When did he come back? Where is he? What about my daughter? " She asked one question after the other shocked too.

" that is not important woman, what is important is that he has taken away everything I own, the wealthy I have spent years accumulating. Just when I was beginning to enjoy my life and becoming the person everyone was enving , he appears and takes it all and there is no damn thing I can do about it" he bit his lip in anger.

" but... how can.." Isabel stammered realising what was going on.

" oh my God! He planned this" she stood holding her head.

" he plannedd it all and now he is out to tear us apart. I told you to be careful you never wanted to listen to me Jake, who knows what he planned on doing next " she shook her head feeling her legs weak.

She looked at Jake who was covering his face deep in thoughts. She shook her head continuously feeling scared of what was ahead of her. Without money, how were they going to survive?. She regretted giving up her job and joining to work with Jake's company. Her head started aching she felt her strenght drained.

" what do we do now?" She looked at Jake but he didn't look at her.

" we need money to feed, we need shelter..."

" stop talking Isabel!" Jake yelled cutting her short.

" I stop talking ? are you crazy! This is insane! It's all your fault, stop talking to me like that okay? Am worried too..." she shouted back at him and before she knew it he was up raising his hand at her.

" don't you even dare !" Isabel raised her head looking at him.

She watched him withdraw and walk back to the bed shaking his head in fury.

Read more Episodes of Twins here - www.youngicee.com/category/twins
Re: Twins by pacifust058(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
I see you've completed the story on that site, thanks for it....
Re: Twins by Oyinprince(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2019
TWINS - Episode 28

©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

" oh my God! Why didn't you tell me that was your plan? I don't even want to imagine the face of your brother when he realises you took away all that wealthy " Mwanida remarked sitting in a small couch in the hotel room they were booked in.

Mike smiled leaning back playing with the strands of her hair extensions falling on her shoulders

" you know how he is, he was almost punching me in the face to that. I would say that i felt for him for a moment. He is my twin bother and deep down my heart I know I love him but ...." Mike shook his head

" do not be sad, I know that for sure. Any other man could have killed your brother or sent him back to prison. But here you are being casual with him and trying to show him what he did was bad." Mwanida interrrupted.

" yeah, but am not stopping on that my love, I have to make sure I pull through my plan. Am not one to back down on a challenge and no matter what, I will do all as planned" he chuckled making Mwanida lift her face back at him.

" mmmmh stubbornness runs in the family hmm?" She teased with a laugh.

He went on telling her how he was going to play his next move that same day.

" do not over do it my love, I don't want to see that part of you that is like your brother." She made a sad face at him.

" am sorry love, I have been listening to you about almost everything and you know that I respect you, but this one I will not let you intervain, the very reason I didn't tell you in the first place." He shrugged

" I know ,I have no power to stop you. However, I want you to be careful, when Jake is upset he tends to act badly and I cannot afford to have you put yourself in harm's way. "

" hmmm. What would you do if he killed me ?" He asked teasing her with a laugh.

" don't even joke about it Mike, don't ever do that you hear me?" She pointed a finger at him her face serious.

" come here, sorry i didn't mean that, give me a smile now will you?" Mike held her face to look at him. She shook her head but he smiled the more kissing her.

" I love it that you care so much about me love. That is why I want all this to be over with, there can only be one Mike and I have to make sure everything attached to my name that Jake got is either taken back or removed from my name forever. I need you as my wife you know how much I have waited for you to bear my name eeeh "

The phone rung and Mike sat up..

" hand me that phone will you? " he asked her pointing at the phone that was now vibrating from the bed. Mwanida stood grabbing the phone and handing it to him.

She watched as he spoke on the phone nodding all way through.

" that's good am on my way now" same heard him conclude and cut the line.

" love, I have to go now will take Elizabeth for a while okey" he sighed standing and holding her waist.

" so soon, there is something I was meaning to tell you before the issue of Jake came up. But now that you going, we will probably talk about it when you return" she spoke whilst laying her hands on his chest.

" what is it my love? Tell me I can delay a bit"

" no love, go on I promise to tell you when you return" she smiled assuring him.

" please I won't be at easy..."

" don't worry Iove come on its nothing to stress you, infact you will be happy " she insisted

" are you sure?" Mike asked one more time before leaving.

" go on" she gave him a little push to the door and laughed softly seeing him shake his head looking back at her.

Isabel had been summoded by her parents. She was not told why though. Upon reaching her parent's house she noticed a strange car parked outside.

Her heart raced at the thought of who it could be. It had been two days after she and Jake lost all the wealthy and she was even afraid to get back to her parents to tell them.

Jake had been more of a pain in her skin the past days. He would yell and shout almost all the time. She knew he was cornered and was feeling the impact of what his brother had done .

Several times she tried to ask him the way forward but Make had no answer for her. He ended up telling her he will not let his brother win without a fight. She was afraid of what might happen but dared not to ask any further cause the look on Jake face every time the issue was brought up made her shiver.

" you are welcome sister" Jane, her sister greeted her from the door.

" thanks, what's going on here? Where is mom and dad?" Isabel asked seeing her sister looking at her indifferently.

" inside, go in they have been waiting for you" Jane spoke a tone that read danger for Isabel.

She sighed shaking her head seeing her sister was not going to tell her a thing.

Her knees went weak seeing Mike seated in one of the couches in her parent's sitting room with Elizabeth.

" Mike!" She spoke in wonder.

" is this Elizabeth? " she asked walking to the girl and touching her face. The girl moved back and clung to her father.

" my baby! Oh God you have grown so much!" Isabel was almsot crying as she talked.

" leave her alone you are scaring her" Mike pushed her hand seeing how uncomfortable she was making his child feel.

" but..." she amlost spoke but her mother cut her.

" sit down now Isabel" she signalled, Isabel almost shrunk at the sound of her mother's voice.

Her father cleared his throat to start talking.

" do you know who this man is? " he asked her.

Isabel bow her head to the ground.

" I want you to answer me Isabel, this man came here and told me a story which sounded like a tale from afar. I will not believe this man until I hear it from my daughter's mouth. So start talking and tell us what is going on. Why is this child with this man? Where is your husband?" Her father questioned and sat back ready to listen to her.

She was tongue tied, her face now wet with tears she could not look at her parents faces.

" I know this man, he is my husband Mike. " she started and Mike looked at his daughter.

" baby go on to the car and play games in my phone okey" he whsipered to Elizabeth who smiled and stood to walk out. Making everyone look at her. A fine looking girl with neatly done mambo twist on her head, dressed in a pair of jeggings and a bubbie printed body top. She looked so good Isabel could not help wonder who was taking care of her. Definately that was not the work of a man.

" continue " her mother interupted hed thoughts.

" mother, he has told you everything I guess so why all this " she looked at her mother her shame evident.

" you are a fool Isabel, no" her father paused

" you are a mad woman for switching your husband with his brother, you are insane even more for abandoning your child. You lied to us for the past 8 years. How could you? What am I even going to tell people around and the relatives about this kind of disgarace and shame you have brought upon yourself and all of us. You have succeeded in making all of us look like fools." The disapointed man uttered each word with so much pain Mike could see how much they were going through.

" he lied to me father, I didn't know he wasn't my husband and...."

" shut up! Will you just shut up Isabel!" Her mother scolded her.

" you have the guts to justify the shame you have brought in this house. We raised you better, we taught you values to be a better person out there. This man was your husband and you took vowels in church to stay by him for better or worse. You failed to honor that. Now look at you, your own child can not even recognise you. " her mother spat whilst her father was looking down shaking his head.

Mike sat up clearing his throat.

" well, my dear parents, am not here to hear all this talk. Like I informed you the other day, am here to let Isabel here" je pointed his hand at her.

" sign the divorce papers. I need to be free of this marriage and live my life. My daughter and I will have to move on and I have a woman who has been there for us who deserves to be my wife." He explained making Isabel look up at him her eyes red.

" who are you talking about? Elizabeth is my child too you know. I deserve to have her in my life." She responded

" well,you lost that right the moment you chose my brother Isabel. I will not let her go through the heart ache by telling her the woman who raised her and whom she has loves so much is not her mother. Forget it my dear. You never cared for her the past 8 years you lived your life with no effort to find her so let be like that. That girl is no longer a part of you. Now if you will excuse me, I came to let you people know about this and that am taking away my child for good." Mike outlined and stood up.

" I need these papers sighed by tommorow. " he added leaving everyonee in the room silent.

"You are no longer going back to that man Isabel" her father looked at Isabel.

" I can't stay here. I have a child with him dad i I love him " she responded without looking at him.

" oh yes, you love him hmm. You are so shameless." He responded leaving the room and before he could get out the door he stood in the way.

" make sure she does not leave. " he looked at his wife. "If she does I will call the cops and tell them where the criminal is and who is working with him to impersonate another. Mike was right, she will have to go to jail too" he added and walked away.

" mom what does he mean by that?" She asked her mother shocked

" you heard him. You are never to leave this house to see that man and neither are you to call him. If you do Mike will tell the cops everything, the fact that you and Jake took away all his things on false pretence. "

Isabel held her head in devastation. Now It downed , Mike was taking away everything from his brother. The money, the estate, the house, cars and now herself.

She shook her head knowing what that will make Jake do. He would go crazy.

Hot tears flowed down her cheeks.

" Isabel see your life now!" Her mother clapped her hands in awe and left her crying alone.

Mike looked at the road clearing ahead of him, later in the day. Glad his second attack was a success, he made sure Isabel's parents were never going to allow their child to go back to Jake .

" hey go ahead." He made a quick call.

" yeah make sure he is out before dawn" He added and hang up with satisfaction.

" let's see how much strenght you have left in you brother" he nodded to himself, accelerating the vehicle. He took a quick glance at his daughter in the next seat and she smiled at him making him smile back.

" who was that woman back in the house daddy?" She asked

" she is an old mate my baby don't worry about her." He shrugged looking ahead.

" but she seemed shocked to see me, does she know who I am?" She asked again after a couple of minutes in silence.

" yeah, she's saw you when you were a baby and am sure she was just oveewhelmed by how much you have grown " he smiled.

" hmmm okey. She looked so sad" the girl added staring out the window.

" let's go we see mommy now baby okey, she must be lonely" he smiled holding Elizabeth's hand.

" yeah I miss her too " she chuckled.

" me too baby, me too" he sighed moving in his seat and focusing on the road.

Twins continues...
Re: Twins by Oyinprince(m): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2019
pacifust058:
I see you've completed the story on that site, thanks for it....
You're welcome. Hope you follow our other stories
Re: Twins by Oyinprince(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2019
TWINS - Episode 29

©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Jake was fast asleep when the loud knock came from the door. He was just geting to sleep after a long time of waiting for Isabel to show up.

He had gone out just to come home to find the maid alone. " where is my wife and son?" He asked her

" your wife left some time ago and her sister came to get your son afterwards. They have not returned since then" the maid explained

" what? How is that possible? This is almost 22 hours why would they stay this late at her parents house?" He went on questioning the maid who shrugged in ignorance.

" I don't know sir, she didn't call to say anything she only said "I will be back before evening " but she has not returned " she added

" okay, prepare my food. I will try to call her " he spoke with a confused stare.

Everything was not working out for him. The accounts had been blocked he could not withdraw any money, he had to take taxis everytime he wanted to go anywhere because Mike sent some people to grab the car with a court order.

Jake tried to call Isabel that night for almost 5 times but she was not picking. The 6th one was almost cutting, that is when he heard a familiar voice answer the phone.

" helo father! Where is my wife and why are you answering her phone?" He asked surprised

" she is not your wife young man, how could you do this Jake or whatever your name is? You have no shame as a man and human being. " the father went on scolding him without giving him a chance to respond.

" am not talking to you old man, can you put my wife on the phone please" he responded at last.

" I will say it again, stop calling Isabel, she is not your wife and If you dare come near her or even make any kind of trouble for her then you will find yourself in Police custody" the father to Isabel warned.

" you can not do this to me please, at least allow me to speak with her even for a minute" Jake pleaded but the man didn't listen to him. He hang up on him and the next call he tried to make didn't go through.

Tired and sad, he retired to bed hoping the following day would be better.

The loud knock from the door came again making him jump out of bed.

" I hope she is the one" he whispered to himself wipping his face as he staggered feeling sleepy.

The moment he opened the door his mouth went open seeing some huge men that looked like that just returned from Vietnam's war. They menacingly stood there their faces so cold he felt a lamp go down his throat, tried to contain the sound his deep swallow was about to make but it came out larger that he had wished.

" can i help you gentle men?" He trembled not sure if gentle was the right word to address the men before him.

" we have been given this order to evict you from this house with immediate effect" one of the giants responded handing him the order.

" what? By who? This is my house . Am not leaving my house just because some scaring goons came to my house this early. " he stammered.

" we will be forced to help you out sir, our order is to evict you this hour and trust me we will not go back without fulfuling that duty" another man with a deep voice responded whilst the three others looked on nodding their heads.

" tell me who authorised the order I at least talk to him I cannot move this time please. Give me a couple of days to find somewhere to take my things and family " Jake felt the tears forming in his eyes.

Begging and crying did not help things. The guys pushed him aside and went to his bedroom parking all his clothes and those for Isabel. They pulled everything outside the gate and ordered the maid out. Leaving the furniture all intact.

Jake resited their order and they pulled him out in his Pyjamas leaving him outside before locking the gates with their own keys.

He sunk down on one of the bags watching as the guys board a car and drove off without even looking back at him.

" Mike you have gone mad " he shook his head in anguish.

The maid continuously murmmered some inaudible words not knowing what to say to her boss who seemed desperate. She sat down too holding her face as they both waited for God knew what.

Mike looked at Mwanida still sleeping in his arms. He smiled at the thought she was going to give him a second child. He was overwhemed with joy. Now he had all reasons to marry the woman that he so much loved.

He planted a soft wet kiss on her lips and pushed aside the cover walking to the bathroom.

For a couple of minutes he was staring in the mirrow. Feeling a mixture of emotions, happy that he was going to have a new beginning and sad about his brother too. Now that he had stripped Jake of everything, his source of income, his properties and Isabel , he knew there was no way out for him.

He felt tears in his eyes and looked straight at his image wiping the tear before it came down his cheek.

" you pushed me to the wall my brother, I love you but someone had to teach you how to live a better life" he nodded at himself and went on brushing his teeth.

He decided to walk outside the hotel room and take in some fresh air. Sitting on the stools planted in the gardens he felt a presence of someone behind him and he quickly turned to face who it was.

Jake stood there clapping his hands at him.

" bravo! bravo! Well done my twin brother! " Jake praised him teasinlgy.

" what are you doing here? How did you find me ?" Mike asked facing his brother.

" well, I did my homework too. I know that you are with that bitch Mwanida and that you two are closer than I imagined. I will not ask how but one thing is for sure." Jake paused.

" You know what Mike, I know you and me are not so different after all. Just look at what you have done to me. Aren't you the one who preaches about God? Are you sure your God would approve of revenge?" He teased even more shaking his head.

" listen you jerk, I will not allow you to manipulate me, leave God out of this. Now you feel it, the pain of being stripped of everything. You are better off because whatever I got belongs to me. The wealthy that you so much boasted about is all mine Jake. The house you lived in, the business you had, the woman you were sleeping with, all of it " Mike paused staring at his brother closer.

" yes it's all mine and I had to wait til you have a feel of what working hard and losing everything is. That and more, is what I felt for over 1 year you put me in Prison brother. One and half years of being in that hail for the crimes I didn't commit. The pain of betrayal, the pain of knowing my woman is sleeping with my own blood brother. The pain of constantly being spat in the face. Yeah, I didn't derseve it Jake, I didn't but for you" he clicked his tongue.

" you derseve it all, it is on your head. You are just reaping what you planted brother. " Mike added making Jake even angrier.

He stepped forward puching Mike in the face, the first one hit him but he saw the second one coming and dogded it.

Mike grabbed his brother's hand and instead pushed him back making Jake fall to the ground.

" leave this place you idiot, or I will call security on you!" He warned shaking with rage.

" you will pay for this Mike I swear to God. You will pay!" He shouted in anger.

" you know what? I beat you once and I will do it again!" He shouted in his face wipping the moist in his hands where he touched the wet grass.

" hey out of my sight! You have lost and you will never have what's mine again. Go on now, go live your life free and far away from me. Prove to yourself that you are a man of your own and not like my shadow, the way you have lived so far. " Mike's voice was stern and seriously.

Jake was silent his face covered in rage.

" we will see about that, we will see. This world is not enough for both of us you know, there can only be one of us" Jake spat and headed to the entrance.

Mike shook his head feeling disapointed.

" let's see how you live now you fool. You cannot even feel remorse for destroying my life. Well you deserve it all" he uttered to the air sitting back down.

He decided to move Mwanida and Elizabeth to the house he just acquired a few days later. Smiling as he watched the ladies admiring the house and putting their things inside, Mike stood by the door.

His phone rung and he answered it.

" Mike we need your help" he heard the voice from the other end respond.

" what happened? Is Isabel okey?" He asked hearing the panting voice of his ex father in- law.

" no my son, that is why I called. Your bother took her away. " the man informed him.

" so what? They have been togther for years after all why do you sound worried? Am not going to sue them anymore. I have had my revenge and took what belongs to me. " Mike responded.

" no Mike, it's not like that. He threatened to kill her. He said if you do not show up he will kill her.

" show up? " Mike asked his face frowning. Show up where? "

" we are not sure he just gave us a number this afternoon when he raided our house. He said we should tell you and give you the number so that we deliver the message. " the man responded.

" am sorry, am really sorry, I don't know what you expect me to do. Am getting married to another woman tommorow and whatever Jake has to do with Isabel is not my problem " Mike remarked shaking his head as though they could see him.

" please my son, you are the only one that can save my daughter. I know she made a terrible mistake but for the sake of the years you guys were together, for the sake of your daughter, who no matter what happned came from Isabel. Please help us. Save my child Mike please."

" hmm. I am sorry I can't" he cut the line sighing deeply and holding his face.

" what happned now?" Mwanida asked him coming from inside their new house.

Mike explained the situation to her.

" you got to help her Mike, I know what she did hurt, trust me you brother is not going to hesitate to kill her. He knows he has nothing left to lose. But you will not live with yourself knowing you could have saved her life. One day you will have to tell Elizabeth about her mother and am not sure you want to come tell her you let your brother kill her. " Mwanida held his hand.

" I can't Mwanida. What if he is just playing? He can't harm her, he claims he loves her you know" he shrugged.

" I know your brother remember that, he does not have a heart to love someone. He was just satisfied with the fact that he got away with what was yours. Trust me he will kill her if you don't help. He will not harm you cause I know he can't. " she added.

" you cannot be so sure now can you?" Mike scoffed.

" if he wanted you dead he could have killed you years ago. Just go with your friend that police man for safety's sake. Please go and help her" she pleaded with him and he finally agreed.

" make sure you stay inside. The guards as always will be around. Mike quickly kissed Mwanida

" I know don't worry that's is why he has not kidnapped any of us so far. We are safe here please be careful too. " she kissed him back and watched him drive out.

" God help us!" She whispered going back inside.

READ THE LAST TWO EPISODES HERE - www.youngicee.com/category/twins

Thanks for following
Re: Twins by chizzypresh(f): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2019
Nice one...keep it up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Love Story: She Is The One Every Guys Want. / Sex & Fasting – Final Episode (the Fight Of Conscience ) / Dark Soul (The Tumult Of A Girl's Mind)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.