Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! (1026 Views)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by Igiet: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2018
Greetings, let me not bore you guys with long stories, please i gave a so called dealer money to buy a Ford edge 2010 from Cotonou, and after like 3 weeks he sent the the vehicle through an anonymous driver to bring the car, and what he sent was Ford edge 2007.

called another dealer to help me inspect the vehicle and he said, that on the custom papers that there is supposed to be a Nigerian custom stamp on it. and all through the papers there is none.

please good people, what do i do? because the dealer in question in no way to be found, he has refused to show up.

those this mean trouble?
what can i do to remedy the situation?

please i will really appreciate your timely response.....God bless you all
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by vonlogon: 9:18am On Dec 19, 2018
Approach a customs officer with the paper (not the car), s/he will guide you through, means you'll have to pay the fees afresh
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by yomi007k(m): 9:19am On Dec 19, 2018
How did you meet the dealer?

Thats the same way to get him.

Or tell him you have another deal but you want to see him.
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by Igiet: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2018
vonlogon:
Approach a customs officer with the paper (not the car), s/he will guide you through, means you'll have to pay the fees afresh

thank you!

that means its solvable right
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by Igiet: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2018
yomi007k:
How did you meet the dealer?

Thats the same way to get him.

Or tell him you have another deal but you want to see him.

my brother its a long story o, the guy knows what he did thats why his running. am just trying to find a solution first so i dont end up spending the money i dont have
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by yomi007k(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2018
Igiet:

my brother its a long story o, the guy knows what he did thats why his running. am just trying to find a solution first so i dont end up spending the money i dont have

You should know his office or house or someone that knows him.

His phone number and bank accounts are also registered.
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by onlinetomola(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2018
This is what happens when someone don't know much about autos. You don't just go to Dealer you want to buy a car without someone who already has d experience. They always take the advantage.

Big trouble! The vehicle is not Lagos cleared and coming from Cotonou without the custom duty stamp is going to be a big trouble really. Customs and Police must surely disturb whenever you move the vehicle on the road. So you just hav to take your time and spend money to get all the necessary papers, especially customs clearance before you start moving the vehicle around.
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by Igiet: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2018
yomi007k:

You should know his office or house or someone that knows him.

His phone number and bank accounts are also registered.

i know his house, a lawyer said that i cant arrest his wife because she was not the person i did business with, that it will be against the law.

i have his number and account.

have met with about 4 lawyers, in order to sue him and even tried getting the EFCC involved but all this parties, none are willing to help without calling huge about of money. its just a pain the kind of system we have in this country. i have seen it all through this issue.

one even went as far as saying 10% of the recovered money will be deducted again after the whole thing.

so my brother thats why am trying to fix the papers and sell it, than going into a court case that will take forever and i keep spending, paying people that do not care about the common people but want to extort them.
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by tevanso(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2018
Since u know his house, try to catch him unaware. Try until u catch him
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by yomi007k(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2018
Igiet:

i know his house, a lawyer said that i cant arrest his wife because she was not the person i did business with, that it will be against the law.

i have his number and account.

have met with about 4 lawyers, in order to sue him and even tried getting the EFCC involved but all this parties, none are willing to help without calling huge about of money. its just a pain the kind of system we have in this country. i have seen it all through this issue.

one even went as far as saying 10% of the recovered money will be deducted again after the whole thing.

so my brother thats why am trying to fix the papers and sell it, than going into a court case that will take forever and i keep spending, paying people that do not care about the common people but want to extort them.

You should sell it...
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by Igiet: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2018
tevanso:
Since u know his house, try to catch him unaware. Try until u catch him

his not in town for more than a month now, on the run. police is not helping matters, collected me money but no result.

efcc that would have been effective in tracking him, the demands is just something else.
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by Igiet: 9:52am On Dec 19, 2018
yomi007k:

You should sell it...

thats just it. just need to fix the document and sell it

just dont know how much i will recover from it.

can anyone please link me up with a custom officer contact?

thank you guys
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by afoife: 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
Speak to saintjoel on this platform. Though I have not done any business with him but I guess he sounds reliable. Good luck
Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by diportivo: 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2018
which kind thread be this one sef ehn thebigkendo?

this person didn't come here to make enquiries when he wanted to part with money....he's here after money changed hands undecided

government have put a ban on cars coming in thru land borders.....tey tey

how else will someone now fly in a car and not give u fake duty?

if u had just taken ur time to come here before dropping money,u wld have been advised not to do this that u av just done

you will need to pay fresh duty....as in,fresh

and spend that money u do not have........sadly

Re: Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
diportivo:
which kind thread be this one sef ehn thebigkendo?

this person didn't come here to make enquiries when he wanted to part with money....he's here after money changed hands undecided

government have put a ban on cars coming in thru land borders.....tey tey

how else will someone now fly in a car and not give u fake duty?

if u had just taken ur time to come here before dropping money,u wld have been advised not to do this that u av just done

you will need to pay fresh duty....as in,fresh

and spend that money u do not have........sadly

ately says he does it all the time

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This 2015 Benz Limo Bus For 77M Naira @ PAYANDRIVE NATIONWIDE / Brand New Roll Royce Phantom 2016 For 250M Naira @ PAYANDRIVE / 4 Reasons Why Your Toyota Push Button Start Isn’t Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.