Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. (906 Views)

I Need Help With Installing And Customizing Wordpress Community Plugin / Need Help Installing A Laravel Script / How To Test Wordpress Plugins Without Installing Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
Pls webmasters,
am trying to setup my new website. I have uploaded the script via my cpanel and extracted it to "/public_html" folder but while trying to install it via "http://yourname.com/install" i get a "404 not found error".

Please what could be the cause? can anyone help in walking me through it..
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by SirLakes: 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2018
Are you doing that on your mobile undecided

If not

Could also be the script (maybe some files are missing / incomplete)
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2018
SirLakes:
Are you doing that on your mobile undecided

If not

Could also be the script (maybe some files are missing / incomplete)
No bro, using PC.. I bought the script from Envanto Market, how possible can it be having missing or incomplete file?
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by SirLakes: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2018
Billy23:

No bro, using PC.. I bought the script from Envanto Market, how possible can it be having missing or incomplete file?

If gotten from a direct source then then it's certainly not the problem of missing/incomplete file

Maybe there is need to rename the script after you unzip

Does it have documentation?

Read n follow
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by bedfordng(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2018
Billy23:

most script have documentations which you can check to set it up. but if you want, I can set it up for you
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by RealLordZeus(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2018
Billy23:
Pls webmasters,
am trying to setup my new website. I have uploaded the script via my cpanel and extracted it to "/public_html" folder but while trying to install it via "http://yourname.com/install" i get a "404 not found error".

check for the .htaccess file, is it in the public dir, sometimes when we extracted in a folder we tend to leave the htacess file while moving the files to the public folder. Tick the show hidden files box in the file manage settings to view that
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
The .htaccess is in the public dir

RealLordZeus:

check for the .htaccess file, is it in the public dir, sometimes when we extracted in a folder we tend to leave the htacess file while moving the files to the public folder. Tick the show hidden files box in the file manage settings to view that
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by BitsMaster: 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
Billy23:
Pls webmasters,

Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2018
Thanks brothers, finally succeeded installing the script. All i did was move the "install.php" file to the public_html folder and it worked.. Thanks for contributions guys!
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
Please can you tell how i can set piority in my mail. Like mails from my support@mysite.com goes straight to spam folder. Please how do i set it to deliver to inbox?

bedfordng:
most script have documentations which you can check to set it up. but if you want, I can set it up for you
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by bedfordng(m): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
Billy23:
Please can you tell how i can set piority in my mail. Like mails from my support@mysite.com goes straight to spam folder. Please how do i set it to deliver to inbox?

it all depends on the IP of the host you use and also the content write-up. if it looks spamming. it will go to spam folder.

most at times the IP might have been blacklisted and delivers the mail to spam folder.

you will also need to setup domain dns records for SPF and DKIM to improve delivery rate to inbox

you might want to use a paid smtp server and warm up the IP by sending stuffs to people who subscribed to your list. not just sending to random people you don't know.
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
How about setting up blockchain API to receive payment on my site? Do you know how to set it?

bedfordng:
it all depends on the IP of the host you use and also the content write-up. if it looks spamming. it will go to spam folder.

most at times the IP might have been blacklisted and delivers the mail to spam folder.

you will also need to setup domain dns records for SPF and DKIM to improve delivery rate to inbox

you might want to use a paid smtp server and warm up the IP by sending stuffs to people who subscribed to your list. not just sending to random people you don't know.
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by bedfordng(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
Billy23:
How about setting up blockchain API to receive payment on my site? Do you know how to set it?

blockchain require approval to use their api to receive payment. so due to that. I don't use them.there are lots of bitcoin payment gateway site out there. although I use another site for this.

the site I use for this doesn't require approval but works with wordpress.
Re: I Need Help With Installing A Script! Please.. by Billy23(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
Which site do you make use of please? If i can't use blockchain maybe i can use another..
bedfordng:
blockchain require approval to use their api to receive payment. so due to that. I don't use them.there are lots of bitcoin payment gateway site out there. although I use another site for this.

the site I use for this doesn't require approval but works with wordpress.

(1) (Reply)

My Blog Is Up For Sale!!! / Freelancing Money Maker (2019) / Pls recommend Webhost For A Small Woocommerce Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.