Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

This Christmas (keeping Up With The Expenses) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Christmas (keeping Up With The Expenses) (269 Views)

Married People Revealed The Darkest Secrets They've Been Keeping. / Prophet Divine Okoh's Marriage Ends After 3 Months For Not Keeping To Promise / Tiv Elders Ban Traditional Marriage Festivities, Peg Expenses At N100k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Christmas (keeping Up With The Expenses) by Minabee: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
Christmas often meets us with numerous expenses, from wears, to food, family or personal outings, gifts and even travel expenses, just to mention a few. It sure could go without dispute that, we tend to spend more during the yuletide than the two preceding months. I would be talking about curbing excess expenses during this season. Recall the saying; failing to plan is planning to fail? Well, well, there’s every tendency for you to overspend on a regular day not to talk of the festive period/ year’s end. I deem it wise to have a budget, set a threshold amount, the max you’d spend on certain things and be sure to stick to it. It most definitely would help limiting the expenses.
Sometimes, against our better judgement we desire things that go beyond our budgets, the difference could be little or massive, it all depends. This season is definitely one of the busiest, not just on the family scene but the entertainment scene as well. It’s the end of the year and many shows would be held this period. Let me just cut to the chase, if there’s any of these shows or any other thing you may love to do this season but it just happens to be well above your means, just drop it. No matter how much you’d love to do any of the aforementioned, just remember there are still more months to come. Now, I’m not saying you shouldn’t get the well deserved break, fun or breath of relaxation but be wise about it when it comes down to your finances. In order words, cut your coat according to your cloth especially this season.
It’s popular notion and a well traveled perspective that January is a really slow month, perhaps feels like the slowest. I believe this feeling arises from the spending associated with Christmas and new year celebrations. Christmas, despite being tagged a christian holiday still sees everyone relishing the air of festivity, probably because it’s the time of the year when businesses and companies start rounding up for the fiscal year. December goes, then, January comes, businesses have to be rebooted, schools (at different levels) resume new terms or semesters and there’s serious need for money again, this time around, not for enjoyment. Whereas, some may be lucky enough to get 13th month salary (salary bonus), some would end up spending on the aforementioned and other basic spending that sustain existence and literally just survive and hang on till the month’s end when salaries are typically due to be paid. All I’m saying is, spend on the year’s end and the activities that follow but don’t forget about the months to come, and the needs that accompany them. Spend but save as well.

[url]mixedbaggy..com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Temptation You Overcame In 2018 / Fun Filled Toys For Lil Ones / The Best Of Interlocking Stone In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.