Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. (17419 Views)

Tompolo & His Crew Locate Illegal Oil Refinery Bayelsa (Photos) / kingTblakHoc & His Crew Granted Bail / Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew Of Ship In The Thames Estuary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by naptu2: 6:07am On Dec 22, 2018
Special forces retake cargo ship after migrants threatened staff

Sky sources say Special Boat Service operatives fast-roped from helicopters on to the ship and four men have been arrested.

03:57, UK,
Saturday 22 December 2018

By David Mercer, news reporter

Special forces have regained control of a cargo ship off the UK's coast after a group of stowaway migrants had threatened staff on-board.

Special Boat Service (SBS) operatives from Sabre Squadron fast-roped from helicopters on to the ship which had been sailing off the Thames Estuary, sources told Sky's defence and security correspondent Alistair Bunkall.

The operation lasted around 25 minutes and no-one onboard was injured.

Essex Police confirmed the vessel will now be brought safely into dock at the Port of Tilbury and four men have been arrested under the Immigration Act.

Officers boarded the 236-metre long cargo ship, called the Grande Tema, shortly after 11pm on Friday.

The ship's operator, Grimaldi Lines, had earlier reported that four stowaways armed with iron tubes had called for the crew to navigate closer to the coast.

The company's spokesman Paul Kyprianou told Sky News: "The vessel was coming from Nigeria... They managed to escape from the cabin and started threatening the crew, requesting to have the vessel navigate very close to the coast.

"We understand they wanted to jump and reach the British coast."

He added that the crew locked themselves in the bridge of the vessel after the migrants had picked up potentially harmful objects.

"They managed to get whatever they could find on the vessel... pieces of iron, tubes and things like that and this is what they used in order to threaten," Mr Kyprianou said.

"The vessel is under the command of the crew there is no question about that... the only problem is that we have four people who are free on the deck and they are threatening crew members and requesting they get close to the coast."

The vessel had been travelling eastwards through the English Channel when the migrants were discovered on Friday morning.

Maritime navigational tracking sites showed the vessel circling around a position north east of Margate in Kent.

Essex Police said they were not treating the incident as a "hostage, piracy or terror-related".

https://news.sky.com/story/special-forces-storm-cargo-ship-after-migrants-threatened-staff-11588563

2 Shares

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by ct2: 6:15am On Dec 22, 2018
# letsendBuharioutofAsorock#

like for surport

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by mbahjohnpaul: 6:16am On Dec 22, 2018
OK.
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Didi2d(m): 6:16am On Dec 22, 2018
H
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by helinues: 6:16am On Dec 22, 2018
Yawa don gas
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by armzyville(m): 6:17am On Dec 22, 2018
Commando Kwa... All this things just be like American film to me.

Anyways if u want to be a successful photographer earning big time click link below
http://armzyville..com/2018/11/how-to-be-successful-photography.html?m=1
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:17am On Dec 22, 2018
Spokesman for the Grimaldi Group shipping company, said "There are four stowaways, we found them four days ago and they were locked in a cabin.
Today they forced the door and got free.
They took iron bars and started threatening the crew, they wanted to get closer the shore.
We understand they wanted to jump and reach the UK."
The ship, carrying car parts, departed Nigeria on December 10 and was due to land at Tilbury, in Essex, today.
So Sh#t still happens!?
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by FarahAideed: 6:17am On Dec 22, 2018
I just hope they are not Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by olatade(m): 6:19am On Dec 22, 2018
the desperation of africans for greener pastures

3 Likes

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 22, 2018
Muse: Look at me.
Capt. Phillips: Sure.
Muse: I'm the captain now.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by logon599: 6:21am On Dec 22, 2018
Not again

Face. Palm.

Cheap Architectural designs? See my signature below or checkout my profile. Thanks
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Mexyz(m): 6:22am On Dec 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
My brother they are Nigerians trying to escape the hell over here.

6 Likes

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by PRYCE(m): 6:22am On Dec 22, 2018
GOD PUNISH BUHARI

9 Likes

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by naptu2: 6:22am On Dec 22, 2018
Search for the previous thread (from yesterday) for more background information on the incident. I would have posted a link to the thread but the antispam bot bans me every time I post a link.
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by dalongjnr: 6:23am On Dec 22, 2018
ct2:

like for surport
so it's Buhari that send them abi? u have forgotten that he said, that any one who want to migrate to Europe illegally, is on his own!
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Aykush(m): 6:24am On Dec 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
you blind?

1 Like

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by FarahAideed: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2018
Aykush:
you blind?

The article only said the ship left Nigeria but it didn't say if those caught were Nigerians

1 Like

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2018
mulante:
Muse: I'm the captain now.

Very interesting movie, about what the thread is about!
You need to see this Somalia actor wife in real life and take a bow!
A beautiful damsel she is!
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by brownlord: 6:26am On Dec 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

Unfortunately, they’ll be Nigerians trying to flee their ancestral home

3 Likes

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Echo50(m): 6:26am On Dec 22, 2018
let God help us with good leaders cos nigeria is bless but the leaders are wrong minds. Even the people we do depend on as security agents can't even protect themself talk of their families......where is my stand
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by baillers123: 6:26am On Dec 22, 2018
Aykush:
you blind?
savage

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by helinues: 6:28am On Dec 22, 2018
ct2:

like for surport

Early Saturday morning
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by FarahAideed: 6:28am On Dec 22, 2018
brownlord:

Unfortunately, they’ll be Nigerians trying to flee their ancestral home

damn
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by 99miles(m): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2018
People trying to escape " The next level " if u know u know.

3 Likes

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Sammysolution: 6:29am On Dec 22, 2018
My guys want to leave the lifeless country govern by a lifeless president by fire by force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by helinues: 6:29am On Dec 22, 2018
naptu2:
Search for the previous thread (from yesterday) for more background information on the incident. I would have posted a link to the thread but the antispam bot bans me every time I post a link.

Are those arrested Nigerians?
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Starboytwo(m): 6:30am On Dec 22, 2018
Let my people go....han Han kilode
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2018
helinues:

Early Sunday morning
Saturday actually....kindly edit!
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by Emerald94(f): 6:31am On Dec 22, 2018
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by KillTheZombies: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2018
Why are yorobass running away from dumbohari's chainji by stowing away in vessel for God's sake? Why not stay and enjoy the chainji you voted for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by deepwater(f): 6:35am On Dec 22, 2018
Na for we body una dey take get power
calling Commando for how many people

Stop navigating in a circle, you are scaring the hell outa them, proceed ashore and drop their a.s.s on the British coast
Re: SBS Commandos Storm Ship After Migrants (Possibly From Lagos) Threaten Crew. by 2shure: 6:36am On Dec 22, 2018
white man nor geh time
they are fully prepared and verry agile and always ready.dah one nor mea n say u go loose guard. i cant imagine the fear inside those bastard naija fools when they heard tha spund of the helicopter.. dia own sars respond shaps. no time
u wey never hear or see helicopter before. d kind fear wey go catch u ehn u go feel say jesus don come..
dey theeaten crew members with iron rods. agbero afonja style...afonjas sef wan enter europe
stowaway.... stone wa dem away.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed / Vigilante Member's Head Broken In Benue During Bloody Clash By Youths (Photos) / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Set Ondo Community Ablaze, Kill Three Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.