Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith (529 Views)

I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night / How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 23, 2018
Curiosity is the enemy of faith. Doubt is the sin against faith and inquisitiveness is the first sign of backsliding from the faith.

They say curiosity killed the cat and we can equally say that curiosity killed the faith. The only way a church man or woman can remain consistently faithful to the belief in a myth , is to reject any nagging doubts about their belief system. Indeed , we come across many crazy things written in the bible that can only be accepted by blind faith , and adhered to by a herd mentality. Curiosity is a major threat to this man made system.

I remember my days at university, when my curiosity would take me down the road to more study on the history of the church and bible. Then, the church leader warned me about the danger of too much knowledge and admonished me to to stick to the bible. I have been ( in the past ) warned numerous times not to associate with certain people because of their tendency to question major tenets of the faith , that could lead to an overthrowing the faith.

In deeper life ( in the hey days ) , we were strictly forbidden from reading books other than the bible and those published by the Almighty Kumuyi who according to Deeper lifers is almost always speaking the 100% truth. Any curiosity about the church doctrine or the bible was almost always seen as the first sign of backsliding. You would then be closely watched, asked to pray more often and spend huge amounts of time soaking yourself with the bible.

God is for reasoning and logic, for that is what makes us who we are amongst all creation - intelligent with the ability to analyse based on observations and experimentation. God loves curiosity because through it we have discovered vast amounts of real truths about the world we live in , the universe , the way our body functions and ways in which we can improve our habitat and relate to each other in a more civilised way. Knowledge has taken leaps and bounds over the past 100 years because the church has been weakened so much that it can no longer challenge curiosity.

It is sad that for our few days on this troublesome earth, we surrender our mind to the bondage of lies and the cunning fables of men, many of whom are crooks, perverts and ungodly kingdom builders.

I challenge you today to try Curiosity and doubt as I did a few years ago - you will get to know the truth and it will set you free.

1 Like

Re: Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith by MrPresident1: 5:37am On Dec 23, 2018
cheesy
Re: Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith by MrPresident1: 5:51am On Dec 23, 2018
frosbel2:
Curiosity is the enemy of faith. Doubt is the sin against faith and inquisitiveness is the first sign of backsliding from the faith.

They say curiosity killed the cat and we can equally say that curiosity killed the faith. The only way a church man or woman can remain consistently faithful to the belief in a myth , is to reject any nagging doubts about their belief system. Indeed , we come across many crazy things written in the bible that can only be accepted by blind faith , and adhered to by a herd mentality. Curiosity is a major threat to this man made system.

I remember my days at university, when my curiosity would take me down the road to more study on the history of the church and bible. Then, the church leader warned me about the danger of too much knowledge and admonished me to to stick to the bible. I have been ( in the past ) warned numerous times not to associate with certain people because of their tendency to question major tenets of the faith , that could lead to an overthrowing the faith.

In deeper life ( in the hey days ) , we were strictly forbidden from reading books other than the bible and those published by the Almighty Kumuyi who according to Deeper lifers is almost always speaking the 100% truth. Any curiosity about the church doctrine or the bible was almost always seen as the first sign of backsliding. You would then be closely watched, asked to pray more often and spend huge amounts of time soaking yourself with the bible.

God is for reasoning and logic, for that is what makes us who we are amongst all creation - intelligent with the ability to analyse based on observations and experimentation. God loves curiosity because through it we have discovered vast amounts of real truths about the world we live in , the universe , the way our body functions and ways in which we can improve our habitat and relate to each other in a more civilised way. Knowledge has taken leaps and bounds over the past 100 years because the church has been weakened so much that it can no longer challenge curiosity.

It is sad that for our few days on this troublesome earth, we surrender our mind to the bondage of lies and the cunning fables of men, many of whom are crooks, perverts and ungodly kingdom builders.

I challenge you today to try Curiosity and doubt as I did a few years ago - you will get to know the truth and it will set you free.

God is for reasoning and logic, this universal truth leads to freedom with God not from God, so I agree with you. You are theist, this is the right way to go. You do not understand all things, no one does, you have acknowledged this, so your will continue to increase in knowledge. The first sip from the cup of knowledge makes one atheist, but the first gulp from the same cup, the first large drawing, leaves one intoxicated with the awesomeness of THE GREAT MASTERMIND.

The first sip makes an atheist, the first gulp makes a theist. Continue in your search, acknowledge him, you will find him.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Re: Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith by tobechi20(m): 5:51am On Dec 23, 2018
When we were kids, our parents told us the reason why tortoise has a rough shell was because he fell from sky and broke his back. We believed them. Today,we know better.

Many years ago, we were told the Yoruba creation story. How man was overcooked and got burnt (black) and undercooked and turned albino This story was passed orally from generation to generation. It was believed this be true by our fore father's . They were illiterates ,so many if the story wasn't documented.

All these were attempt by Man to unravel certain unexplained mystery in nature
While the theme of the story may be to teach us moral lesson. The entire story may not be true.
Few years afterward,

Europeans came with their own Adam and Eve story. They had a book to back it up. We believed them.

We believed that God b and devil were engaged in naira bet on Jobs faithfulness.

Jesus came and in his wisdom, told us that a parable i:n earthly story with heavenly meaning. yet, some if us believed Jesus parables as true happening

Could it be possible that majority of the biblical stories are parables and should not be taken seriously.

Could the Job story be another parable!
What about Adam and Eve story
Adam, Eve, the tree of life, the
tree of good and evil, the crafty evil snake and
Adam and Eve’s expulsion from paradise. The story
has symbolic names for humankind, special trees
and a talking snake – Savoy the
story that is to be interpreted symbolically. At a
simple level, this second creation story offers an
explanation for sexual desire and marriage, why
there is pain in childbirth, why hard labor is required
with its sweat and toil and why snakes crawl on the
ground. At a deeper level it is about what went
wrong in paradise. In a world created by God and
declared by God to be good, why is there so much
pain, suffering and misery?

you’ve ever actually read the text for
yourself, , the one most familiar to people
where God instructs Noah to preserve two of each
species of animals (Gen. 7:15) and the other where
God instructs Noah to preserve seven of each
species of animals (Gen. 7:2). IAre there two floods? or is it an error or the story didn't happen

The bible is sacred scripture for Christians. But
think about this, when the books of the bible were
first written they were not sacred scripture. Instead
they became sacred over time and were eventually
declared to be sacred by our ancestors in the
process of canonization. The documents
themselves are written by humans – they are human
products. But the status of these books over time
became sacred.
Why? Because these Bible stories were interpreted
history, preserved for future generations, not for their
factual accuracy, but their faith-generating
component.
Faith doesn’t mean that we believe in the literal
truth and factuality of the bible regardless of how
improbable or even impossible they seem. Instead,
faith is about something so much more important.
It is about our relationship with God and about
centering our minds and our lives in God and being
faithful to God. It means trusting God. And I can do
that. How about you?

1 Like

Re: Curiosity The Enemy Of Faith by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

God is for reasoning and logic, this universal truth leads to freedom with God not from God, so I agree with you. You are theist, this is the right way to go. You do not understand all things, no one does, you have acknowledged this, so your will continue to increase in knowledge. The first sip from the cup of knowledge makes one atheist, but the first gulp from the same cup, the first large drawing, leaves one intoxicated with the awesomeness of THE GREAT MASTERMIND.

The first sip makes an atheist, the first gulp makes a theist. Continue in your search, acknowledge him, you will find him.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

'The Send' Marks Start Of Greatest Jesus Movement As Over 40k Christians Gather / I Think All Churches Should Emulate This. / Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.