Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me (550 Views)

Bank Attempting To Fraud Me Help!!! / Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by Dsimple: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a serving youth corps member serving in Karu local government area of Nasarawa state.
On Wednesday the 19th of December, 2018 , I went for CDS meeting which eventually did not hold. on my way coming back, I boarded a "one chance " vehicle From Ado to Berger in Abuja. In the vehicle were a guy who sat beside the driver and another who sat behind him in the back seat, I entered and a guy quickly joined us in, after about ten to fifteen minutes drive, the two guys who were sitting beside me brought out a long sharp knife � and ordered I give them everything I have, I obeyed because I couldn't argue with men with weapons. They dispossessed me of everything on me including my phone, wallet containing N15,000 and my handkerchief though they did me two favors, one I was given back my NYSC � card and they parked well before forcing me down.

I ran as fast I could to report the incident at my bank (Diamond Bank), new Karu branch to have my bank account blocked that's after I requested to be given N7000 over the counter. I was rest assured that my bank account has been placed on no debit.

I equally contacted glo customer service and reported it to them also and pleaded with them to block my line but those guys at glo are just dumb and unprofessional, they were asking for my SIM serial number which I couldn't provide because I was far From home and I tried to explain this to them that I am at the road side and just robbed but they wouldn't block my line until around 9pm when I called the third time.

so when I got home at about 3pm I borrowed a friend's phone to access my mail that's when I got to know that those fraudsters have been sweating it out to steal From my account, after trying and errors, they finally device a means, they were buying airtime using my registerred SIM card linked to my bank account to purchase airtime on my own SIM and using it for calls or sharing it with their friends.

I contacted the police, but they needs tips before tracking them and neither glo, nor the bank is accepting any faults .

Those fraudsters promised me that December 19th will always be remembered by me, and indeed I will never forget the date but curtsey Diamond Bank and Glo mobile network.
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by Dsimple: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
lalasticlala, please do the needful and let people learn that first Bank, Diamond bank maybe others do not have security for their USSD service when you want to recharge your registerred line
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
Why would you just contact glo to block a line just like that? What if the line wasn't yours? You should have just rushed down to their office to retrieve your line.

Once your sim or atm card gets lost, first thing to do is to rush to your bank and instruct them to block the card and remove the number linked to your account. On your way rushing to your bank, send emails and make calls to their customer care line and tell them to do same.
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by sage101: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
What a pity

If 9ja was a sane clime.........
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hmmm
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by Dsimple: 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
Why would you just contact glo to block a line just like that? What if the line wasn't yours? You should have just rushed down to their office to retrieve your line.

Once your sim or atm card gets lost, first thing to do is to rush to your bank and instruct them to block the card and remove the number linked to your account. On your way rushing to your bank, send emails and make calls to their customer care line and tell them to do same.

Well, thanks for your concerns, I've since learned the hard way but my bank should have advised on that. Remember, I even withdrew 7k From my account and they assured me of maximum security on my account, I've since moved on anyway
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by BusinessHub1: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Diamond and Glo?
A very terrible combination...sorry brother
Re: How My Bank, My Mobile Network Conspired With Armed Robbers To Fraud Me by Silvermoney: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dsimple:

Well, thanks for your concerns, I've since learned the hard way but my bank should have advised on that. Remember, I even withdrew 7k From my account and they assured me of maximum security on my account, I've since moved on anyway

Sorry about your loss.

So you mean this robbery incident happened in broad day light on the road to Berger? I used to think these Abuja one chance robbers only operate under the cover of darkness at nights or early mornings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advertise Your Business For Free On Adwords With Free $350 - VCC Method / Development Bank Of Nigeria Loan Scheme / Get Started With Recharge Cards Printing Business With Our Universal Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.