Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? (868 Views)

Concrete Vs Asphalt Roads: Which Is Better? / Citizens Of Different Countries Show Bad Roads Where They Live / Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Greatzeus(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
I traveled to Ilesha few days ago,for solar system maintenance for one of our clients,a bank. I noticed that when we get to bad roads the driver slows down, but when we get to very good roads,he speeds to the extent that some will start cautioning him. Thank God for the safe journey.
So I was asking myself,what really causes accident,i have seen people always attributing car accidents to bad roads and failure of government. But to me I think bad roads cause traffic and delay in vehicular movements,thereby increasing the time it takes for people and goods to get to their destination,which is bad for business and the economy, because time is money.
Whereas good roads gives drivers a license to speed,so as to make as many trips as possible within a time frame,thereby resulting in more money.
Thats my own opinion,what do you think guys?
And to all those planning to travel this Yuletide, praying for safe journey isn't enough,I'm sure many who have lost their lives also prayed,yet accidents still happened. God will not do for man what he can do for himself. He has given you a brain so that you will disturb him less.
Do your part, service your car,don't drink before your journey,don't start a journey if you haven't had enough rest during the day. Don't risk your life and that of your innocent family.
If you are following public transportation, avoid those who are known for reckless driving,check the cars or buses very well, sometimes the state of the chassis also determines the state of the engines. Always caution your drivers when they start driving recklessly. You only have one life, wishing you safe journey mercy wink
Lalasticlala,you know the deal,let us spread the word and save lives this Yuletide wink

2 Likes

Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by CreepyBlackpool: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
the answer is neither.
The real cause of aacidents is humans

2 Likes

Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Lexusgs430: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
It's a combination of both..... I would rather have good roads.......

The variable factor is human judgement, lack of judgement and not fully understanding and assimilating the etiquette of good driving skills and driving mannerisms........

1 Like

Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Kenekingisback: 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
APC recklessness sad
Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Chomsky1967(f): 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2020
Greatzeus:
I traveled to Ilesha few days ago,for solar system maintenance for one of our clients,a bank. I noticed that when we get to bad roads the driver slows down, but when we get to very good roads,he speeds to the extent that some will start cautioning him. Thank God for the safe journey.
So I was asking myself,what really causes accident,i have seen people always attributing car accidents to bad roads and failure of government. But to me I think bad roads cause traffic and delay in vehicular movements,thereby increasing the time it takes for people and goods to get to their destination,which is bad for business and the economy, because time is money.
Whereas good roads gives drivers a license to speed,so as to make as many trips as possible within a time frame,thereby resulting in more money.
Thats my own opinion,what do you think guys?
And to all those planning to travel this Yuletide, praying for safe journey isn't enough,I'm sure many who have lost their lives also prayed,yet accidents still happened. God will not do for man what he can do for himself. He has given you a brain so that you will disturb him less.
Do your part, service your car,don't drink before your journey,don't start a journey if you haven't had enough rest during the day. Don't risk your life and that of your innocent family.
If you are following public transportation, avoid those who are known for reckless driving,check the cars or buses very well, sometimes the state of the chassis also determines the state of the engines. Always caution your drivers when they start driving recklessly. You only have one life, wishing you safe journey mercy wink
Lalasticlala,you know the deal,let us spread the word and save lives this Yuletide wink
I have been searching for you for a long time! Could not find the thread you gave me your number. Happy birthday!!!
Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Greatzeus(m): 8:58am On Dec 19, 2020
Chomsky1967:

I have been searching for you for a long time! Could not find the thread you gave me your number. Happy birthday!!!
Wow thanks. The only nairalander that wish me happy birthday kiss, though I don't think anyone here knows my birthday.
Please are you the one I saw on that birthday thread that i shared birthday with?
Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Chomsky1967(f): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2020
Greatzeus:

Wow thanks. The only natural and that wish me happy birthday kiss, though I don't think anyone here knows my birthday.
Please are you the one I saw on that birthday thread that i shared birthday with?

You are welcome. Yes I'm the one
Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Greatzeus(m): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Ok wow. Happy birthday to you too. Hope you had a blast yesterday. For me I was so busy with work till evening. I want to know you more.
Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Greatzeus(m): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Ok wow. Happy birthday to you too. Hope you had a blast yesterday. For me I was so busy with work till evening. I want to know you more.
Re: Bad Roads Vs Good Roads: Which Is Responsible For Accidents? by Originalsly: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hmmm.... good roads ... more accidents caused by speeding... and drivers falling asleep at the wheel. On bad roads one cannot speed... nor fall asleep!

(1) (Reply)

Taxify Is Now Bolt ⚡ / The Canadian Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program / Discover Abeokuta City From The Sky With An Aerial Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.