Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,529 members, 7,861,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? (976 Views)

I Gave Up On Programming. I'm Tired Of Programming. I Need To Rest. / MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / Mathematics As Backbone Of Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? by dallex10(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Hello guys, I'm a newly admitted student in the department of mechanical engineering. Lectures for first semester had began and there is this topic (CSC 101) which is about programming that was introduced to us. I just wanna know the use or benefit of the course.
Re: What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? by BitsMaster: 8:39am On Dec 24, 2018
dallex10:
Hello guys, I'm a newly admitted student in the department of mechanical engineering. Lectures for first semester had began and there is this topic (CSC 101) which is about programming that was introduced to us. I just wanna know the use or benefit of the course.
As for the benefit of Programming, Google should furnish you with enough details. But I will advise you to start learning Programming while you're on your course. Make sure you learn how to code before you graduate because that's what make you a competent Programmer is that's what you desire.
Re: What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? by CodeTemplar: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2018
It is hard to see how programming helps a mech engr student at this stage though but if that is what you are being taught then just try and learn it and get the best grade possible.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? by Kamxin(m): 11:45am On Dec 24, 2018
CSC 101 is not about programming, but a basic introduction to computer, history, developements, present and future, a better understanding of computer terms and terminologies, how you as a mechanucal engineer can interface with people and products from computer world and make your career seamless.

Any body introducing programming in CSC 101 is just looking for a way to confuse the students and make them pay for it, cash or kind.
Re: What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? by vezycash(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
dallex10:

Real mechanical engineers code. I'm not going to tell benefits of your csc 000 course cos I don't believe you'll learn much there.

However there's basically nothing engineers (electrical or mechanical) build that doesn't need programming.

Say you wanna build a robot, you'll need programming. Servos, electric cars, even electric fans these days have got a microcontroller in em.

For programming micro controllers C is the main language. There are also microprocessor specific assembly languages.

These days, Arduino is what's used for most projects - you most likely won't hear about it in school.

Your school will teach matlab though but just the basics.

I've dropped a number of new words. Google em and you'll learn alot.

If you like what you find and want to master them, PM me and we'll talk via email
Re: What's The Use/benefit Of Programming? by vezycash(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2018
Duplicate post

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed / Senior Front End Designer/developer Needed In Enugu, Nigeria. / Want To Design Clean And Beautiful UI For Web And Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.