Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,057 members, 7,852,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Is HIV So Prevalent In Southern Africa - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is HIV So Prevalent In Southern Africa (463 Views)

Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video) / Katie Kleinxo: Lady Who Is HIV Positive Tattooed 'HIV+' On Her Private Part / 14-Year-Old Girl In Owerri Is HIV Positive After She Was Sexually Abused (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is HIV So Prevalent In Southern Africa by samuelchimmy(m): 2:04am On Dec 25, 2018
OK, I was doing a totally different research of traveling to a southern African country , and boom I was hit with this curiosity.....

Why is HIV so Prevalent in Southern Africa?

Well I did a little dig up and this is what I found, was there ever a grand plan to wipe out a whole race? Was there a secret population control program by world leaders? Or did the apartheid get really messy? ....

Experts in the house please share your opinions...

1.. A 2008 study revealed that HIV/AIDS infection in South Africa was distinctly divided along racial lines: 13.6% of Black Africans in South Africa are HIV-positive, whereas only 0.3% of Whites living in South Africa have the disease _Wikipedia

2..In 1990 It was estimated that there were between 74,000 and 6,500,135 people in South Africa living with HIV. Just 8years after the first case of HIV was reported in South Africa.. That's an epidemic, how did it start.

3...In that same 1990 Between 8-10 million people are estimated to be living with HIV worldwide. In chunk was in Southern Africa.... Why

4...in 1999 The World Health Organization announces that AIDS was the fourth biggest cause of death worldwide and the number one killer in Africa.
An estimated 33 million people were living with HIV, and 14 million people were recognized to have died from AIDS since the start of the epidemic.

5.... The majority of HIV researchers agree that HIV evolved at some point from the closely related simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV), and that SIV or HIV (post mutation) was transferred from non-human primates to humans in the recent past . (HOW DID THIS BECOME POSSIBLE, I MEAN AFRICANS HAVE BEING LIVING WITH THIS ANIMALS FOR A VERY LONG...)
Re: Why Is HIV So Prevalent In Southern Africa by okwabayi(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2018
I believe it is prevalent because treatment is avoided or unavailable for poor black citizens.
In modern countries the disease is controlled from spreading via ARVs.
One sexually reckless person can actually infect ten more. One sexually reckless HIV positive individual on ARVs can infect nobody else.

(1) (Reply)

Homemade Remedy To Treat Joint And Bone Pain / Foods That Flush Out Nicotine After Smoking / Ten Threats To Global Health In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.