Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (375 Views)

Between Opening A Driving School And Phone Accessories Shop. / Training On Business Promotion Techniques Through E-commerce / Training On Business Promotion Techniques Through E-commerce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 25, 2018
If a man can see the future and consequence of his every action then I believe no man will make a mistake but nature never design it that way. after my ssce I join my uncle in business and was making enough money and even open account with two different bank but my aspiration was to go to school. after I wrote jamb and pass, my uncle who I was doing the business with began to advice me seriously to forget about school and make enough but I never listen and instead I thought he was just jealous although he is also a graduate but no job made him start the business which later benefit him. fast forward to months later I got admission and spent almost all my money for school expenses and rent because my parents were poor and am even the first child of the family so I did all the admission expenses with my saving .then I return to square one with hunger in school just in the name of university education which I later regret. am currently in 200 level but the funny thing is that I have lost all passion for shool and don't even like going for lectures.the regret is still eating deep in me because with the way I see graduate living in peanut salary I ask myself what stupid enthusiasm even push me to school. please am thinking of droping out of school now and to use this 100k which my aunty in London sent for me to continue in businesd and then later learn a skill in IT instead of wasting it to pay for school fee. please I will need advice from you all.
Re: Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2018
You saw an example(your uncle) and you ignored
What I can say is that
If you have the means to continue your education then do so.
else don't waste resources
And that 100k is not enough to make you halt your education
Just my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? by Zeezxo(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2018
If the business is yielding better results
Re: Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? by XploraBen(m): 8:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Since you've lost passion for attending lectures and studying in general, you can concentrate on business if it is money-spinning. But mind you, that 100k is small to start with.
In the Nigeria of today, university academic certificates are just for the record! Be it B.sc, B.tech or even M.sc... If you can't think like there's no box, poverty will just pounce on you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? by crayon001(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira On A Phone / Trustworthy Paypal Owner / Master Guide To Mini Importation Bussiness In Nigeria (with 10k Capital)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.