Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 (29248 Views)

Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 2:14am On Jan 01, 2019
gbagyiza:

Women r so easy to deceive. Their mumu too much, worshipping pastors like say they r Christ. I wonder why most women can't figure out n follow the teaching of d bible, they to much give attention to anything pastors tell them. Our last Sunday bulletin carried d date for 2019 first fruit offering. When I saw it, I was speechless.

Maga must pay nar. 200million, almost 90% na Maga, why church no go full everywhere? 3 churches in the same building. Like ten on a street.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 2:16am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
The book of Proverbs which I quote, is it part of the Mosaic law?

You foolish people just think the whole old testament is the Mosaic law, so you throw everything away.

And you the wise can't use your brain to know that Solomon was under the Mosaic law and he wrote according to that law. Well done wise fool.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 01, 2019
myboy2111:
grin grin
The Church I stopped attending..the Pastor will be calling out names one after the other for special offering. I told the Pastor I will no longer attend the Church. 80% of members are women.

That kind church you go fūck tire nagrin

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by toplinetrtrend: 2:19am On Jan 01, 2019
lunaticfringe:
Do not say what you dont know op. Giving is an act of tapping blessings from God. I pray you experience Lords blessings as you give. if not for giving nobody will be calling Abraham father of all nations. Enough said.

Even you can't mention a scripture that backs this thing up. I suspect you only look unto your pastor instead of looking unto Jesus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 2:20am On Jan 01, 2019
TruthHurts100:

And you the wise can't use your brain to know that Solomon was under the Mosaic law and he wrote according to that law. Well done wise fool.
He didn't write according to the law. All he wrote are far above the law because wisdom supersedes the law. Firstfruits existed before the law.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 2:24am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
He didn't write according to the law. All he wrote are far above the law because wisdom supersedes the law. Firstfruits existed before the law.

Liar. Show us.

5 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 2:25am On Jan 01, 2019
TruthHurts100:

Liar. Show us.
Abel gave firstfruits otherwise known as firstlings.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 2:26am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Abel gave firstfruits otherwise known as firstlings.

LOL. Continue sir

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Aystarz: 2:31am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
The book of Proverbs which I quote, is it part of the Mosaic law?

You foolish people just think the whole old testament is the Mosaic law, so you throw everything away.

Did the Mosaic Law teach you to call other people 'foolish' too?

SMH at your brand of Christianity

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Pachesky(m): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2019
TruthHurts100:

Olodo, thief......

Firstfruit is not money exactly. Firstfruit means the best of your produce or income which you give willingly. The Bible never mentions January salary.

Did you know that Jesus Christ was also referred to as a firstfruit in the Bible?
Please lets be intelligent with our replies so we dont appear to look silly at the end..
How can the bible mention january salary for petes sake..i know you are aware of the different era in which we are referring to. The agricultural age if i may put it. Where income was based on seasons/harvest and not a fixed monthly salary that we have now today.
So ideally you bring your first fruits to the house of the lord based on the time of your harvest.

Now to our own era, ask your self when do most workers start earning their first salary for the year?
And when are salaries most likely to be reviewed for increase?
I guess you know the answer..(exceptional cases for promotions done mid year)

And to your second point about jesus talking about first fruits.. some of you forget that Jesus did not come to condemn the old laws but to give us a better way to doing things Matthew 5:17..meaning that there were some old laws that did not need to be tampered with..(topic for those who intend to study their bibles and gain more understanding myself included).

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Lippy101: 2:38am On Jan 01, 2019
Nosaghae:

Proverbs 3:9
Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce;

Exodus 34:26
"You shall bring the very first of the first fruits of your soil into the house of the LORD your God. "You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk."
Here is the closest answer to what the OP asked.
.The question now is how many of us are wealthy. Bear in mind, if you have some money doesn't mean you are wealthy.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by stanliwise(m): 2:51am On Jan 01, 2019
lunaticfringe:
Do not say what you dont know op. Giving is an act of tapping blessings from God. I pray you experience Lords blessings as you give. if not for giving nobody will be calling Abraham father of all nations. Enough said.
mtchew off point.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Lippy101: 2:52am On Jan 01, 2019
Pachesky:

Please lets be intelligent with our replies so we dont appear to look silly at the end..
How can the bible mention january salary for petes sake..i know you are aware of the different era in which we are referring to. The agricultural age if i may put it. Where income was based on seasons/harvest and not a fixed monthly salary that we have now today.
So ideally you bring your first fruits to the house of the lord based on the time of your harvest.

Now to our own era, ask your self when do most workers start earning their first salary for the year?
And when are salaries most likely to be reviewed for increase?
I guess you know the answer..(exceptional cases for promotions done mid year)

And to your second point about jesus talking about first fruits.. some of you forget that Jesus did not come to condemn the old laws but to give us a better way to doing things Matthew 5:17..meaning that there were some old laws that did not need to be tampered with..(topic for those who intend to study their bibles and gain more understanding myself included).

Oga they had tax collectors then, guards, labourers , Joseph the carpenter and several people who worked to earn wages back then, in short they made use of money in their era, yet no record to show that some first fruit were paid with money.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Gracemadeit(m): 2:52am On Jan 01, 2019
I cant imagine the kind of pastors & GOs we have now. how can you have the mind to collect another people full month salary & you claim to hear from God. kai una no get conscience @ all. undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Kolping: 3:06am On Jan 01, 2019
It's all part of what is called the Hebrew Roots Movement found in Christian church denominations today. It is one of the signs of the coming end times - a great apostasy (the “falling away” ) An apostasy is: a rebellion, an abandonment of the truth. The end times will include a wholesale rejection of God’s revelation. 2 Thessalonians 2:3.

The Hebrew Roots Movement is a very modern movement that insists that we must resurrect first-century Judaism (our Jewish Roots) and the milieu and lifestyle of first-century Jews and impose them on both Jewish and non-Jewish believers. This is not just an academic study to better understand Scripture and its setting but is rather a movement of restoration that claims that the church has moved off its Jewish foundation and must return to a more Jewish way of life to be authentic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots

2 Peter 2:3

King James Version
"And through covetousness shall they (false prophets/false teachers) with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

New Living Translation
"In their greed they (false prophets/false teachers) will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed."

Goshen360:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzYQSK9hvI

First fruit IS A MODERN DAY RELIGIOUS SCAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by gfreymom302: 3:39am On Jan 01, 2019
Sometimes I wonder what it is that these pastors have done to people that they have such field day with their intellect. Where and when did we get it wrong? Kai I weep for our fake lives myself inclusive.

4 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:45am On Jan 01, 2019
Wait... People actually do that?

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by adeloyal: 3:47am On Jan 01, 2019
oh yeah, why are you quoting the bible wrongly? can't you see that the scenario Is different from what you saying? in short, what business of yours if they decided to give to the church?

[qu1ote author=babeosisi post=74165281]The pastor won't read the above story where a Christian offered money to tap into blessing

You cannot buy the gift,the blessings or provisions of God with money.
Don't let the charlatans deceive you anymore this January [/quote]
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by CHARLOE(m): 4:03am On Jan 01, 2019
lunaticfringe:
ur moniker has said it all, only a fool will take some1 at d fringe of lunacy serious.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by CHARLOE(m): 4:19am On Jan 01, 2019
babeosisi:
If you are one of those that foolishly give your January salary to your pastor, you have been sold a lie.
It is the invention of commercial pastors about a decade ago.

The Bible has no such teachings
You celebrate the birth of the savior December 25th and yet believe he needs your money to bless you.
That money is to satisfy your greedy pastor and has nothing to do with Christ.

Stop being pawns in the hands of these greedy men of mammon.

I dare anyone to show me where anyone surrendered their first salary to anyone in the Bible? You won't find it because it doesn't exist.

Don't let people twist an old testament practice that has nothing to do with bringing money and make you act foolishly.

If you don't know what to do with your salary,go give it to your mother.

Don't be a mumu
unfortunately, many of d people u seek to liberate from this 1st fruit scam will see u as d enemy cos they're greedy n worship their scamming pastors. Personally, i'm done trying t open d eyes of dumb, ignorant folks, let dem learn d hard way, Stockholm syndrome is real. Good thing tho is, a few that truly seek d truth will find it, cos of posts like this n be free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Goshen360(m): 4:26am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You think Christianity is only about the new Testament? No wonder your kind are always quick to throw away the old testament as if it's no longer God's word. See what the book of Proverbs which is not a law of Moses said to we children of God about firstfruits.

9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the
firstfruits of all thine increase:

If you say we shouldn't obey the above verse because it is on the old testament, then what you are saying is that we should also disobey God and our parents because the same book advises on that too.

Proverbs 1:1-9
1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck

The foundation of the church is CHRIST and no other foundation should be built. You see how you make mockery of yourself, you can't show just one scripture in the new covenant where Christ and the Apostles taught first fruit as January salary... shame unto you and your moG and your calling.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by lordweezy(m): 4:59am On Jan 01, 2019
lunaticfringe:

My dear give to the helpless, the orphanage, the disabled homes, go to schools and ask for children with fees issues and pay for them, in fact your money is nothing compared to your service rendered with your whole heart
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by victorazyvictor(m): 4:59am On Jan 01, 2019
Optional09:
Too many Nigeria acting like mad people... how will I give anyone a whole month Salary.

I really have no pity for stupid people

If if u withold 25yrs salary with u, my brother it won't be enough for you bro. Only poor people complain when it comes to giving, don't be among them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by PDPGuy: 5:04am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Most people don't know that it is antichrists and satanic agents that are advising against firstfruits. They don't want you to obey your father the Almighty. Look at the Monika of the one I quoted. Tell me if an Antichrist will advise you to stop paying firstfruits if truly paying it is a wrong thing to do. No, he will advise you to continue doing the wrong thing. But here he knows paying it is right, that's why he and his likes are advising you against it.
But would you give your entire January salary to the church?
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Mizwisdom(f): 5:07am On Jan 01, 2019
God being so kind He made me to receive something the beginning of the year and I'm taking mine to Church by God's grace, babeosisi come and stop me tongue
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Emceesaka: 5:23am On Jan 01, 2019
Omudia11:
First fruit is not a scam. As long as it's done from your heart then you're good to go.

One stupid foolish Person sighted. You don start again dis new year.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by babeosisi: 6:04am On Jan 01, 2019
My thread come enter the big leagues and I no know
smiley
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by babeosisi: 6:12am On Jan 01, 2019
frosbel2:
Scam ??

It is ROBBERY

You still dey?
Bless you
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by castro316: 6:18am On Jan 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Did Jesus change the law? angry

Okay why are we not following the other 729 laws of moses where he said you should not eat snail or catfish? An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. Why is it only the laws regarding money that our pastors uphold? They say that thru Jesus Christ dying we are no longer under the law, we are under grace are these laws not the same laws? The bible says you must tithe because you are under the law now that we are unnder grace should we still tithe? Dot be deceived

3 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by babeosisi: 6:18am On Jan 01, 2019
PrecisionFx:

In ur useless article, No one paid money to any God, pastor or priest. They all gave agricultural products.

Pastor grow up

And they were israelites commanded to do so, we are Nigerians
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by castro316: 6:19am On Jan 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:
God being so kind He made me to receive something the beginning of the year and I'm taking mine to Church by God's grace, babeosisi come and stop me tongue

What is the church after Jesus died?
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by babeosisi: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You people lack the spirit of God, that's why you can't understand his words because they are spiritually discerned.

You say no one gave money to God. How come Proverbs says we should honor God with all our increase i.e anything that we earn which includes money?

9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the
firstfruits of all thine increase:

Honor the Lord abi
Where did it say give to pastor.has your pastor become the Lord?
You quote something else and interpret something else
Go and find out how you honor the Lord,it's right there in your bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obayi Paul Martins Undergoes 3 Days Fasting, Allows Himself To Be Flogged (Pics) / Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.