Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims (467 Views)

VIP Whose Police Orderly Carried Plate Of Food Claims It's For The Officer / Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / Legal Advice Seriously Needed Before I Commit Suicide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Capnd143(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2018
Hello there,
I will just go straight to the point.
My dad with over 700 colleagues worked for a big oil company for many years but were paid peanuts. After many years of legal litigation, the truth was unveiled that the "ogas at the top" were meticulously taking out 85% of the salary and paying them a paltry 15%. The case was taken to the high Court and won, then appealed and taken to the Appeal Court and won, then to the supreme Court and won. The supreme Court of Nigeria ordered the company to pay all the backlog of cash, the agreed in court.

The company promised to pay but instead fired all of them. Close to 6 months now, even with a court injunction order the company has totally disregarded the order, totally rubbishing the supreme Court.

The instead choose to bribe a siting minister to Mobilize policemen to threaten them into collecting peanuts.

My parents and his colleagues are not "legally exposed" are currently handicapped. Lawyers upon lawyers have been brought but the oil company keeps bribing them to back off.

Is there no possible legal solution to this? How powerful is the order of the supreme Court? Can't any legal proceedings force the company to pay up?

Currently the lawyer involved is being crafty. Who knows maybe money have changed hands? The affected workers are willing to let go of a significant amount and just take home something useful after working for 30 years.

Legal fees can be negotiated as percentage of the total amount? Any lawyer in the house?

Help a brother this season please.

Cc seun
Lalasticlala
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Heartbender: 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2018
Call me. 08034753554
Capnd143:
Hello there,
I will just go straight to the point.
My dad with over 700 colleagues worked for a big oil company for many years but were paid peanuts. After many years of legal litigation, the truth was unveiled that the "ogas at the top" were meticulously taking out 85% of the salary and paying them a paltry 15%. The case was taken to the high Court and won, then appealed and taken to the supreme Court and won, then to the supreme Court and won. The supreme Court of Nigeria ordered the company to pay all the backlog of cash, the agreed in court.

The company promised to pay but instead fired all of them. Close to 6 months now, even with a court injunction order the company has totally disregarded the order, totally rubbishing the supreme Court.

The instead choose to bribe a siting minister to Mobilize policemen to threaten them into collecting peanuts.

My parents and his colleagues are not "legally exposed" are currently handicapped. Lawyers upon lawyers have been brought but the oil company keeps bribing them to back off.

Is there no possible legal solution to this? How powerful is the order of the supreme Court? Can't any legal proceedings force the company to pay up?

Currently the lawyer involved is being crafty. Who knows maybe money have changed hands? The affected workers are willing to let go of a significant amount and just take home something useful after working for 30 years.

Legal fees can be negotiated as percentage of the total amount? Any lawyer in the house?

Help a brother this season please.

Cc seun
Lalasticlala

Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Capnd143(m): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2018
Heartbender:
Call me. 08034753554
hello, can u drop your mail. those involved may want to see our correspondence. thanks
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Heartbender: 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
Send me a PM then
Capnd143:
hello, can u drop your mail. those involved may want to see our correspondence. thanks
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Capnd143(m): 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2018
Heartbender:
Send me a PM then
hello, my registered mail is inactive. use this instead Timothymaxwell149@gmail.com
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Heartbender: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
Check your mail
Capnd143:
hello, my registered mail is inactive. use this instead Timothymaxwell149@gmail.com
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Capnd143(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2018
Heartbender:
Check your mail
just replied
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by royalads: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
Get a good lawyer to commence a Garnishee proceeding against the company and the company's bank. It is the easiest way to commence an action of debt recovery against a judgement debtor.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed On Financial Claims by Capnd143(m): 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2018
royalads:
Get a good lawyer to commence a Garnishee proceeding against the company and the company's bank. It is the easiest way to commence an action of debt recovery against a judgement debtor.
how long can a Garnishing proceedings take in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At 4 Quarters Consultants Limited 2019 | Apply Now / Become A Vtu Agent Today And Start Making 5k To 20k Daily / Recognized Bodies That Offers Professional Courses Like HRM,PMP,CSRM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.