Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million (2012 Views)

Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 / ASA Mangala dried fish In Cartons (pics) / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by massmediang: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2018
A new record has just been set for the most expensive fish in the world. Before you freak out you need to watch this video of the fish swimming in water and see that it’s not just an ordinary fish but a precious sight to behold; something you would love to keep by your side and walk around with everyday. It’s truly beautiful!
The fish is called S Legend, a red and white Koi Carp. It was bred in Japan and it is now the most expensive live fish ever sold, after fetching a mind-blowing price of 203 million yen ($1.8 million, and N648 million), more than $1.3 million more than the previous record.
The 101cm-long Koi Carp from the highly-regarded Kohaku variety was bought by a collector from Japan after a fiercely competitive bidding war at the Saki Fish farm in the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
The female carp won first prize at the prestigious All Japan Koi Show last year, and is expected to bag her second title this year, which greatly increased collectors’ interest.
Note that S. Legend is the most expensive live fish. There’s also a record for the mist expensive dead fish ever sold and that record is also held by Japan. It was a 222-kilogram bluefin tuna auctioned off for 155 million yen ($1.4 million).
Watch wonderful video here:
http://massmediang.com/most-expensive-live-fish-in-the-world-costs-n648-million-watch-video/

Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by elderken(m): 8:26am On Dec 26, 2018
If I no chop this fish Wetin I gain
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by elderken(m): 8:27am On Dec 26, 2018
If I no chop this fish wetin I gain
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by hisgrace090: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2018
Too much leads to madness.
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by kiddoiLL(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2018
That amount for that small fish way no reach cook soup for one family??...crazy rich Asians indeed.. Fish way be say Nigerians go kill, grill n prepare am make e sweet pass KFC chicken for here.. Issoryt, shebi if the person don pay that amount for the fish, him go wait until d fish die to chop am or sell am... These people yeye too much

Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by decatalyst(m): 8:43am On Dec 26, 2018
Ordinary fish?

Me still prefer the black and white ice fish we eat jare grin grin
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by ValCon888: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2018
All the posters above me are olodo

The fish is not for eating.

Koi fishes are bred for decorative purposes.
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by kiddoiLL(m): 9:05am On Dec 26, 2018
ValCon888:
All the posters above me are olodo.

The fish is not for eating.

Koi fishes are bred for decorative purposes.
Oh yes!! I'm sure we all didn't read the whole article and we just jumped into conclusion you smart guy... I'm sure the rest of us Olodo agree that the cute fish because it's meant fro decoration purpose, can't be eaten and is a sane thing to spend 648Million For? brother mi don't you agree with me ??

Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by AdsenseSnow(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2018
grin beautiful fishy cool I'm hungry already

I want to buy a verified Nigerian Adsense
Plus we now create Amazon Associate account for people
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by ValCon888: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Oh yes!! I'm sure we all didn't read the whole article and we just jumped into conclusion you smart guy... I'm sure the rest of us Olodo agree that the cute fish because it's meant fro decoration purpose, can't be eaten and is a sane thing to spend 648Million For? brother mi don't you agree with me ??

Bro, you should understand my comments were in jest.

I apologise for causing offence.
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by kiddoiLL(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2018
ValCon888:

Bro, you should understand my comments were in jest.

I apologise for causing offence.
Lol... no offense was taken, you should also figure the sarcasm in my comment
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by ValCon888: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Lol... no offense was taken, you should also figure the sarcasm in my comment

Hahahaha! Nice one smiley
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by earthsync(f): 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
Posters above tho..... This proves that Nigerians can eat anything
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by Agripreneur: 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
If you eat this fish your life don get extra lives +100 years. shocked grin

Meanwhile, merry Christmas in arrears to you all.

Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by numen(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2018
kiddoiLL:
That amount for that small fish way no reach cook soup for one family??...crazy rich Asians indeed.. Fish way be say Nigerians go kill, grill n prepare am make e sweet pass KFC chicken for here.. Issoryt, shebi if the person don pay that amount for the fish, him go wait until d fish die to chop am or sell am... These people yeye too much

Bro you're not seeing the bigger picture. They're most likely bidding for the fish so that they can mate it with an equally wonderful male to produce outstanding offspring that in-time might fetch more money than the parents. Remember this fish outsold the previous record holder by almost $1.3m...it's almost always about the cheddar & bragging rights.

I read somewhere that some Professional horse owners/trainers pay as much as $200,000 per strafing if you have a thoroughbred stallion that is in great shape just to get the stallions offspring in their stable. Such stallions mate with females a lot in a month. Do the math. $$$$ cool

It's all about the cheddar bro.
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by kiddoiLL(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
numen:

Bro you're not seeing the bigger picture. They're most likely bidding for the fish so that they can mate it with an equally wonderful male to produce outstanding offspring that in-time might fetch more money than the parents. Remember this fish outsold the previous record holder by almost $1.3m...it's almost always about the cheddar & bragging rights.

I read somewhere that some Professional horse owners/trainers pay as much as $200,000 per strafing if you have a thoroughbred stallion that is in great shape just to get the stallions offspring in their stable. Such stallions mate with females a lot in a month. Do the math. $$$$ cool

It's all about the cheddar bro.
bro I know it's all about the money.. I'm coming from the view of no African will such amount as an investment for something expendable as that.. what happens when you invest and it ends up dead? be aware of the risk and knowing us Africans, we tend to think well before we out our money in it

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by kingharzy: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
undecided

Koi fish that will outlive my entire lineage? ? This people no get sure odds for their country.

Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:48am On Dec 27, 2018
Why is the white mind twisted cos I know no black man in Nigeria will ever buy this
Re: Most Expensive Live Fish In The World Costs N648 Million by Mrpond(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
massmediang:
A new record has just been set for the most expensive fish in the world. Before you freak out you need to watch this video of the fish swimming in water and see that it’s not just an ordinary fish but a precious sight to behold; something you would love to keep by your side and walk around with everyday. It’s truly beautiful!
The fish is called S Legend, a red and white Koi Carp. It was bred in Japan and it is now the most expensive live fish ever sold, after fetching a mind-blowing price of 203 million yen ($1.8 million, and N648 million), more than $1.3 million more than the previous record.
The 101cm-long Koi Carp from the highly-regarded Kohaku variety was bought by a collector from Japan after a fiercely competitive bidding war at the Saki Fish farm in the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
The female carp won first prize at the prestigious All Japan Koi Show last year, and is expected to bag her second title this year, which greatly increased collectors’ interest.
Note that S. Legend is the most expensive live fish. There’s also a record for the mist expensive dead fish ever sold and that record is also held by Japan. It was a 222-kilogram bluefin tuna auctioned off for 155 million yen ($1.4 million).
Watch wonderful video here:
http://massmediang.com/most-expensive-live-fish-in-the-world-costs-n648-million-watch-video/

The most expensive fish... KIO fish, we can make water fall pond and all designs for All pond..

(1) (Reply)

Transport Crates / Peanut Coating Machine Price In Nigeria / Come In For Your High Quality Extruded Cat-Fish Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.