Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! (6823 Views)

Ruling On Committing Suicide Because Of Depression / Allah Provides, Suffices, And Makes A Way Out Of Every Hardship. / For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by akinsmail51: 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
As it is forbidden for a person to merely wish for death or to ask Allah for this, committing suicide or assisting in it is considered a violation of Allah’s Laws and a transgression of the sacred Boundaries set by Allah. Doing this is inconsistent with being patient with what is decreed by Allah.

It challenges Allah’s Divine Decree and Predestination, and shows dissatisfaction with Allah’s Wisdom of testing His servants with evil and with good as trial for them; Allah (Exalted be He) says: ...and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good.

Allah may try and afflict some of His servants with illness and He is the All-Wise in what He does and the All-Knowing of what is best for His servants, as this may bring goodness for a servant, increase their Hasanat (rewardable good deeds), the strength of their faith, and get them closer to Allah (Glorified be He) through their resignation (to His Will), entreaties, submission, Tawakkul (putting one’s trust in Allah), and supplications to Him.

Subsequently, it is Haram for a person suffering from some kind of illness to seek to kill themselves, because a person’s life is not their own; rather, it is owned by Allah Who decreed fates and times of death.

Dearest brethren, as there is pleasure, so there is pain; as there is happiness and joy, there is also trouble and suffering. Each experience we have is meant to teach us something. No one goes through this life without experiencing some type of problem.

It might be hard right now to think of the positive things in your life but try to appreciate and be grateful for what you do have. Allah tells us that after every hardship comes ease, so remember that there is no situation that will remain permanent. Be sure that after darkness there will be light and dawn will soon be followed by daybreak.

Life is full of hardships but Muslims must accept this as part of their test, and to face them with patience.

Originally, suicide is an act that is totally forbidden in Islam. Suicide is not an option for you. Islamic teachings tell us that in committing suicide, one will incur the wrath of Allah to the extent that after death, one will suffer eternal punishment, i.e. a person committing suicide will be made to kill himself over and over again by the same means with which he took his own life.

This is a horrible fate for anyone. Nothing in our lives could be so out of control to the extent of considering ending our lives, especially knowing the punishment that is awaiting us if we choose to do so. It is not acceptable according to anyone who is of right mind to run away from the heat of the desert and throw himself into the fire. How can he flee from temporary hardship and difficulty -- which inevitably will come to an end -- to an eternal punishment which has no end?

The common reason behind thinking of suicide is always despair. As regards the remedy of this state, we’d like also to cite the following:

“The remedy is hope. Allah made hopelessness unlawful by saying, “Do not despair of Allah’s mercy.” (Yusuf: 87) Thus, no matter at what level of despair, depression and frustration we are, whether loss of a loved one or a job, or as the result of anger from someone else, we must not give up hope as there is a ray of hope at the end of the tunnel. The greatest hope is mercy from Allah.

Hope is the medicine which keeps one alive and going, which is when we say, hang on, we mean hang onto the thread of hope. It is not unnatural to be sad over situations and events.

During dejection, there is darkness, but in hope, there is light. Therefore, one must pray for this light to illuminate the heart so that we can see beyond what is causing the suffering today. If I knew that I would not see tomorrow, I might get depressed, but the fact that I hope I will see tomorrow with all its goodness, the love of my family, my friends, dear ones, the flowers, that I go to sleep in peace, turning myself to Allah.

Calamity is part of the natural order of things and hardly anyone is safe from it. We Muslims believe that all our suffering, failures and adversities are nothing but a test from Allah, who has said, “And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast, who say, when a misfortune striketh them: Lo! To Allah we belong and unto Him we are returning.” (Al-Baqarah: 155-56)”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Aegerine: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2018
Na'am! May Allah reward you with goodness, and makes it easy for us to remain steadfast upon his decrees.

Jazakumulahu hairan

3 Likes

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by akinsmail51: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
Aamiin and you too!
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by chibike69: 10:13am On Dec 28, 2018
grin
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Olamsoh: 10:13am On Dec 28, 2018
Suicides piss me off. I can't explain it but once I hear a person took their own life I get bleeping mad. We're out here trying to stay alive and you just took your own life you ungrateful little Bleep. You shouldn't have had that life to begin with, someone else deserved it.
social media has presented suicide as a considerable option. You ask how? You see how much love, care and support is on display when a person commits suicide? That's a major problem. We pamper suicides too much, thus letting it have its way.

That's aside, they think it's a solution to their problems. What nonsense. You guys have been pampered enough, you need someone to talk sense I to you. Your problems don't go away, only you do and most times it's transferred to a person who's unprepared.

They, in turn, get frustrated because they inherited problems they aren't prepared for and when it starts to seem like nothing is working, suicide starts to look good and since someone they know and probably looked up to did it, well, the cycle continues. I've joined campaigns to stop suicide. I've begged, I've pleaded, and people are still taking their own life. I wish life can be transferred, I won't think twice about transferring that life to someone who actually wanted to live but isn't alive right now.

Honestly, if you don't want to annoy me, keep anything relating to suicides away. I don't want to hear or see that a person, no matter the reason, took their own life. Don't give me any speech about depression, I know about depression, I fought the damn thing and I had nobody.

Don't tell me people aren't as strong as I am because that's bullshit. We're strong in our different ways and you have no idea how strong you really are until it's the only option you have left. Suicide is never an option. People have been through far worse and came out on top.

So don't tell me any crap about me being insensitive or I don't understand. I understand perfectly well that they are ungrateful and undeserving
If you have mental/psychological issues, find help. People are willing to help for free. Friends, even strangers want you to stay alive & you still want to die. You're very mad and you deserve to burn in hell for putting the people you leave behind through such emotional torture.

There's always a way out. I mean always, no exceptions whatsoever. Even if you choose to not believe in God your options are still numerous, but, no, you won't think that way instead you think of giving up completely, you idiot.

Go to a hospital and donate your organs, you'll save lives. People need those organs. At the very least, give your death meaning.
If you're reading this and you're still contemplating suicide for whatever reason, I want you to know that you're very cruel and very ungrateful. I made this thread of my own volition, out of the irritation of how we've accommodated the idea of taking one's own life. I will not tolerate or pamper it anymore. You don't own the life, you didn't give it to yourself, God did and you insult Him by taking it so meaninglessly.

To the guy that lost his girlfriend to suicide yesterday being a day after Christmas, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You didn't deserve it and you should've known but don't listen to anyone blaming you for not knowing. It wasn't your fault. She made a choice on her own.
A lot of you disagree, but that's okay. Let me put in another angle. Let's take suicide off the table. Imagine humans are immortal and cannot be killed, what do you think will happen? You think they won't find a way to deal with whatever issues they have? You guys are joking.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Npfn: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2018
What of suicide bombing and Allah's 72unseen virgin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by adetes: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2018
Suicide is nt a solution rather than submit ur self to Almighty Allah

1 Like

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Oyerinde16(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2018
let me state categorically I am not a Muslim and do not believe in " I believe that there no god/God but Allah ."
" I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy
Prophet ."
" I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion ."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh
I only want to comment on the subject matter, above
U all do not know how it feels so u don't comment, when one is pushed to the limit it will always cut what we all should be talking about or encouraging is educating people on signs, of when its getting close and what they can all do to avoid the cut. its not about money its about emotional pain, DEPRESSION some men take to drinking to fight it, women take to different things to fight emotional pain for some times but when when they can no longer they reach the conclusion that a 3-5 min pain can end the close to 10yrs pain and no end in sight pain, they often drown themselves or take snipers with overdose of sleeping pills so they pass on u will never know what it feels like. most people say its not a way out but they are resting now no more emotional, and psychological pain. just know when there is a serious problem there is always a way out death is an option we all try to deny.

3 Likes

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Jonadull: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2018
Wisdomval67:
I thought sucide is a Muslim thing?
Continue to think

4 Likes

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 28, 2018
What ever it was I needed to click to comment on this masterpiece, I needed to do visit this shi.t is dope. And Heaven knows ain't no moslim though I try to learn as much as u van about Islam and the other 4k Plus religion in the world but God knows what you said there makes a whole lotta sense.

I woke up this morning hating myself for waking up again after swearing not to do exactly what I did last night. I felt like a worthless piece of trash and reading this makes me come the conclusion that no matter what, ain't allowed to take my life cos its borrow. Ain't mine so I should take what ain't mine so said the holy book. Both the Bible and the Quran.

Thanks for this beautiful piece, for I have the assurance of hope even if it's but a shred by imagination that it's only gonna get better and I can never have a better yesterday.

Thanks once more, happy holidays and jumat el mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by ibnzubair(m): 10:50am On Dec 28, 2018
Olamsoh:
Suicides piss me off. I can't explain it but once I hear a person took their own life I get bleeping mad. We're out here trying to stay alive and you just took your own life you ungrateful little Bleep. You shouldn't have had that life to begin with, someone else deserved it.
social media has presented suicide as a considerable option. You ask how? You see how much love, care and support is on display when a person commits suicide? That's a major problem. We pamper suicides too much, thus letting it have its way.

That's aside, they think it's a solution to their problems. What nonsense. You guys have been pampered enough, you need someone to talk sense I to you. Your problems don't go away, only you do and most times it's transferred to a person who's unprepared.

They, in turn, get frustrated because they inherited problems they aren't prepared for and when it starts to seem like nothing is working, suicide starts to look good and since someone they know and probably looked up to did it, well, the cycle continues. I've joined campaigns to stop suicide. I've begged, I've pleaded, and people are still taking their own life. I wish life can be transferred, I won't think twice about transferring that life to someone who actually wanted to live but isn't alive right now.

Honestly, if you don't want to annoy me, keep anything relating to suicides away. I don't want to hear or see that a person, no matter the reason, took their own life. Don't give me any speech about depression, I know about depression, I fought the damn thing and I had nobody.

Don't tell me people aren't as strong as I am because that's bullshit. We're strong in our different ways and you have no idea how strong you really are until it's the only option you have left. Suicide is never an option. People have been through far worse and came out on top.

So don't tell me any crap about me being insensitive or I don't understand. I understand perfectly well that they are ungrateful and undeserving
If you have mental/psychological issues, find help. People are willing to help for free. Friends, even strangers want you to stay alive & you still want to die. You're very mad and you deserve to burn in hell for putting the people you leave behind through such emotional torture.

There's always a way out. I mean always, no exceptions whatsoever. Even if you choose to not believe in God your options are still numerous, but, no, you won't think that way instead you think of giving up completely, you idiot.

Go to a hospital and donate your organs, you'll save lives. People need those organs. At the very least, give your death meaning.
If you're reading this and you're still contemplating suicide for whatever reason, I want you to know that you're very cruel and very ungrateful. I made this thread of my own volition, out of the irritation of how we've accommodated the idea of taking one's own life. I will not tolerate or pamper it anymore. You don't own the life, you didn't give it to yourself, God did and you insult Him by taking it so meaninglessly.

To the guy that lost his girlfriend to suicide yesterday being a day after Christmas, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You didn't deserve it and you should've known but don't listen to anyone blaming you for not knowing. It wasn't your fault. She made a choice on her own.
A lot of you disagree, but that's okay. Let me put in another angle. Let's take suicide off the table. Imagine humans are immortal and cannot be killed, what do you think will happen? You think they won't find a way to deal with whatever issues they have? You guys are joking.

And your stance will make them reconsider living?

Just the same way you fought depression and won, many lost. Like many diseases... some survive, others don't. People die from even malaria.

I'm not saying that we should encourage it, which no one in their right senses do by the way. But I don't think we as a people, as a society are ready to find a solution to the menace yet.

Because our approach clearly isn't working and we still haven't thought outside the box yet. Typing RIP won't work, they're not here to see it... but going full macho won't work either.

PS: I believe that not all suicide cases are as a result of depression, some are just blatant stupidity. But who am I to judge what any particular case is?

3 Likes

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 28, 2018
Oyerinde16:
let me state categorically I am not a Muslim and do not believe in " I believe that there no god/God but Allah ."
" I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy
Prophet ."
" I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion ."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh
I only want to comment on the subject matter, above
U all do not know how it feels so u don't comment, when one is pushed to the limit it will always cut what we all should be talking about or encouraging is educating people on signs, of when its getting close and what they can all do to avoid the cut. its not about money its about emotional pain, DEPRESSION some men take to drinking to fight it, women take to different things to fight emotional pain for some times but when when they can no longer they reach the conclusion that a 3-5 min pain can end the close to 10yrs pain and no end in sight pain, they often drown themselves or take snipers with overdose of sleeping pills so they pass on u will never know what it feels like. most people say its not a way out but they are resting now no more emotional, and psychological pain. just know when there is a serious problem there is always a way out death is an option we all try to deny.

Death is not a way out. It's only for the coward. We all go thru emotional pain one way or another.

We just have to work it out. Suicide is a product been sold by the devil and it seems an easy way out but it's only a way to end the destiny of a generation.

I woke up feeling I was dead again this morning. Used to happen only when I drink to passing out.

I hate myself sometimes and just wanna end it all. But waking up this morning I called my Mama and wished her a happy Xmas. Just then a voice asked " have you for a second considered what she will do to her self and how it will affect the entire family should you choose to end it with your hands? "

Just then I realised I was a coward for thinking or wishing it at all. Not matter your circumstances or predicament, you are another person's prayer point. So think on that and breath.

Happy holidays.

1 Like

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by iceboy4752(m): 11:04am On Dec 28, 2018
The primary reason why some are here is to insult Islam. At the end, they'll still be complaining of taking an oath before commenting.
That's simply the height of stupidity!
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by ibnzubair(m): 11:08am On Dec 28, 2018
akinsmail51:
As it is forbidden for a person to merely wish for death or to ask Allah for this, committing suicide or assisting in it is considered a violation of Allah’s Laws and a transgression of the sacred Boundaries set by Allah. Doing this is inconsistent with being patient with what is decreed by Allah.

It challenges Allah’s Divine Decree and Predestination, and shows dissatisfaction with Allah’s Wisdom of testing His servants with evil and with good as trial for them; Allah (Exalted be He) says: ...and We shall make a trial of you with evil and with good.

Allah may try and afflict some of His servants with illness and He is the All-Wise in what He does and the All-Knowing of what is best for His servants, as this may bring goodness for a servant, increase their Hasanat (rewardable good deeds), the strength of their faith, and get them closer to Allah (Glorified be He) through their resignation (to His Will), entreaties, submission, Tawakkul (putting one’s trust in Allah), and supplications to Him.

Subsequently, it is Haram for a person suffering from some kind of illness to seek to kill themselves, because a person’s life is not their own; rather, it is owned by Allah Who decreed fates and times of death.

Dearest brethren, as there is pleasure, so there is pain; as there is happiness and joy, there is also trouble and suffering. Each experience we have is meant to teach us something. No one goes through this life without experiencing some type of problem.

It might be hard right now to think of the positive things in your life but try to appreciate and be grateful for what you do have. Allah tells us that after every hardship comes ease, so remember that there is no situation that will remain permanent. Be sure that after darkness there will be light and dawn will soon be followed by daybreak.

Life is full of hardships but Muslims must accept this as part of their test, and to face them with patience.

Originally, suicide is an act that is totally forbidden in Islam. Suicide is not an option for you. Islamic teachings tell us that in committing suicide, one will incur the wrath of Allah to the extent that after death, one will suffer eternal punishment, i.e. a person committing suicide will be made to kill himself over and over again by the same means with which he took his own life.

This is a horrible fate for anyone. Nothing in our lives could be so out of control to the extent of considering ending our lives, especially knowing the punishment that is awaiting us if we choose to do so. It is not acceptable according to anyone who is of right mind to run away from the heat of the desert and throw himself into the fire. How can he flee from temporary hardship and difficulty -- which inevitably will come to an end -- to an eternal punishment which has no end?

The common reason behind thinking of suicide is always despair. As regards the remedy of this state, we’d like also to cite the following:

“The remedy is hope. Allah made hopelessness unlawful by saying, “Do not despair of Allah’s mercy.” (Yusuf: 87) Thus, no matter at what level of despair, depression and frustration we are, whether loss of a loved one or a job, or as the result of anger from someone else, we must not give up hope as there is a ray of hope at the end of the tunnel. The greatest hope is mercy from Allah.

Hope is the medicine which keeps one alive and going, which is when we say, hang on, we mean hang onto the thread of hope. It is not unnatural to be sad over situations and events.

During dejection, there is darkness, but in hope, there is light. Therefore, one must pray for this light to illuminate the heart so that we can see beyond what is causing the suffering today. If I knew that I would not see tomorrow, I might get depressed, but the fact that I hope I will see tomorrow with all its goodness, the love of my family, my friends, dear ones, the flowers, that I go to sleep in peace, turning myself to Allah.

Calamity is part of the natural order of things and hardly anyone is safe from it. We Muslims believe that all our suffering, failures and adversities are nothing but a test from Allah, who has said, “And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the steadfast, who say, when a misfortune striketh them: Lo! To Allah we belong and unto Him we are returning.” (Al-Baqarah: 155-56)”

May Allah strengthen our Iman.

Thing is, when anyone decides to take their life, at that point in time, they stop believing in Allah
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by larrymoore(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2018
May Allah give me the serenity to survive the present and future hurdles of this life.
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2018
Jazakumlah kairan for the little piece of article written above
It isn't easy living with depression.you guys do not know s pains these people are going through.
But when you kill yourself,know that you're not the only one who will feel it
Ur dad,mum,siblings,and your loved ones will bear the brunt.you will not know if they themselves will be able to live through it.
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by eneojoedu(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
forget all this preaching, depression takes more than preaching to overcome.. I know the battle I have been fighting in my head for sometime now

1 Like

Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Oyerinde16(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
specter:

Death is not a way out. It's only for the coward. We all go thru emotional pain one way or another.

We just have to work it out. Suicide is a product been sold by the devil and it seems an easy way out but it's only a way to end the destiny of a generation.

I woke up feeling I was dead again this morning. Used to happen only when I drink to passing out.

I hate myself sometimes and just wanna end it all. But waking up this morning I called my Mama and wished her a happy Xmas. Just then a voice asked " have you for a second considered what she will do to her self and how it will affect the entire family should you choose to end it with your hands? "

Just then I realised I was a coward for thinking or wishing it at all. Not matter your circumstances or predicament, you are another person's prayer point. So think on that and breath.

Happy holidays.
bro u are in level 1 when u get to elasticity u will understand, when u get to a level when there is absolutely no essence of living u will know what I'm talking about, a wealthy man will park 12m jeep and jump into lagoon, when an educated person goes to buy sniper to drink as his own way of. ending a suffering and u stay there saying rubbish, pray u don't have the type of psychological and emotional pain that will stress u to elasticity limit or breaking point
Re: Committing Suicide Is Not A Way Out! by Npfn: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! / Happy Eid Mubarak To All Muslim Brother And Sister / Who Is Really A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.