Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year (35822 Views)

Olamide 999 Ep Is Not For Me, Joey Akan Blast Baddo Latest Album / Joey Akan: Emma Nyra And Ubi Franklin Have No Non-Disclosure Agreement / Joey Akan: Ubi Franklin Has Wronged So Many People And Injured Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by bakynes(m): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

U are an idiot oldie is overhyped and not as good as phyno musically.
Heay have much fans then phyno but not definitely better than phyno
Even Phyno himself admitted Olamide inspired him to Rap in his indigenous language. Yorubas will always prefer Olamide to Phyno so likewise Igbos will prefer Phyno to Olamide for Obvious reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 9:08am On Dec 28, 2018
bakynes:

Even Phyno himself admitted Olamide inspired him to Rap in his indigenous language. Yorubas will always prefer Olamide to Phyno so likewise Igbos will prefer Phyno to Olamide for Obvious reasons.

I'm not against that phyno even say olamide helped him which is not a lie because olamide controls huge fan then,
But what I'm saying is that phyno sings meaningful song better than olamide, songs u can connect the lyrics and read from word to word understand them.
I listen to dagrin so much even back then in east despite not knowing much yoruba but I could connect with him.. even my junior brother loved him so much .

I'm not saying this because im igbo, but phyno is better then most Nigerians artistes who jumps from one thing to another thing in their songs.
Phyno is so underrated .

Nigerians generally have bad taste for music
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Spallanzani: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

U are an idiot oldie is overhyped and not as good as phyno musically.
Heay have much fans then phyno but not definitely better than phyno
I know you are a kid, where were you when olamide was the rave of the moment. You still dey your hut in Aba. Olamide has had more hits than phyno, go figure!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by zcee: 9:11am On Dec 28, 2018
Ezege should not have replied the dude that's a big Bleep up..why the dude made that comment is because phyno is not that type of artist that make noise about his achievements talkless of posting it online unlike other artistes to stay more and more relevant in the Music Industry...Phyno is a great singer and a rapper the only thing making him to be less recognized is because of this so called tribalism in the industry even is some awards he s not easily nominated I have noticed it countlessy..come to the eastern side, top Nigeria songs esp from that of the western side bang every where but in western Nigeria they find it difficult to listen to top igbo songs...what i understand is that the dude is really pained about this issue but he chose to keep making more hit tracks and be associating with any tribe in Nigeria.He has been playing this game since like doesn't know what is going(i think that's was the option for him) but that journalist decided to bring out the anger from him by making that comment as for me I dnt think he had a disappointing year...is it because you don't follow up an artist he or she will have a disappointing year for you...
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 9:12am On Dec 28, 2018
Spallanzani:

I know you are a kid, where were you when olamide was the rave of the moment. You still dey your hut in Aba. Olamide has had more hits than phyno, go figure!

Lol kid calling his elder brother kid.
It seems u lack understanding.
Olamides songs are rubbish with garbage lyrics.
If olamide wasn't a Yoruba nobody will know him. Y'all helped him with hype.
Phyno lyrics are very pure, connected and has meaning.
I don't expect u to agree but that's just the difficult truth

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Iamgrey5(m): 9:16am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Lol that's what u people are good at, ropaganda and twinsting some1 words.
Sow me where I said I don't listen to Yoruba artists undecided
I had dagrin 2 audio albums before his death and after hi death.
I listen to davido and similar and other good ones. So stop talking trash and read well

Ur problem is lack of understanding, I mention Teni because I don't think her songs are good enough .
If u have sense u would see where I used kissdaniel, davido, and whizkid as good examples undecided
Gosh do I have spell it out for you!

@ emboldened shows how shallow you continue to be with your statements

You mentioned Teni because you don't think her songs are good enough i.e. It is not your taste of music.

Hence, went ahead to insult a whole tribe for having a different taste from yours, even without any substantial evidence that the tribesmen are the only ones in love with her music.

Still, you claimed to have a higher moral ground than the tribe you insulted because they have a different opinion. How liberal!

Hope you can now see the irony in your statement

FYI Mr, you don't need to tell me you have Dagreen or Pusuma songs on your playlist, your numerous attempt to sound like a "liberal" while insulting those who you think might have a different opinion from yours is enough to show who you truly are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by zcee: 9:18am On Dec 28, 2018
bakynes:

Oga we igbos listen to songs from top Yoruba musician oo
We enjoy and dance to it...me no knw Wetin be una own... That's this country will not move forward..
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by zcee: 9:18am On Dec 28, 2018
Teni is a confirm artist...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Spallanzani: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Lol kid calling his elder brother kid.
It seems u lack understanding.
Olamides songs are rubbish with garbage lyrics.
If olamide wasn't a Yoruba nobody will know him. Y'all helped him with hype.
Phyno lyrics are very pure, connected and has meaning.
I don't expect u to agree but that's just the difficult truth
Man has 5 good albums, stop comparing the few messed up lyrics olamide dropped of recent to his past works. I think you need to do a research on his 5 albums. You lots would never stop been tribalistic and foolish. FYI, I love phyno alot, cool headed guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Spallanzani: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:

You mentioned Teni because you don't think her songs are good enough i.e. It is not your taste of music.

Hence, went ahead to insult a whole tribe for having a different taste from yours, even without any substantial evidence that the tribesmen are the only ones in love with her music.

Still, you claimed to have a higher moral ground than the tribe you insulted because they have a different opinion. How liberal!

FYI Mr, you don't need to tell me you have Dagreen or Pusuma songs on your playlist, your numerous attempt to sound like a "liberal" while insulting those who you think might have a different opinion from yours is enough to show who you truly are.

Exactly, the guy is not too smart. Just another empty dimwit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 9:26am On Dec 28, 2018
Spallanzani:

Man has 5 good albums, stop comparing the few messed up lyrics olamide dropped of recent to his past works. I think you need to do a research on his 5 albums. You lots would never stop been tribalistic and foolish. FYI, I love phyno alot, cool headed guy.

U are the foolish one here because u failed to under the point.. Olamide is not good in lyrics that's the difficult truth.
Olamide has more songs with poor lyrics than good ones.
If he is not Yoruba he won't be popular because YORUBAS play too much tribalistic game in music.

IGBOS support good music unlike yorubas who support based on tribe
Go to their pages and u will know.
I'm above all this ur tribal stupidity.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by BabaIbo: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2018
Canticle:
The man is somehow correct, although the way he stated it was too harsh. Artistes that trended for their music this year include Duncan Mighty, Tiwa, Davido, Burna boy, Tuface, Whizkid and one or two other acts. Phyno was nowhere in the picture. I understand that sometimes artistes may take time off to regenerate and come back with a bang. Maybe that's what Phyno is doing.

Tekno no trend abi?
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by bakynes(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2018
zcee:

Oga we igbos listen to songs from top Yoruba musician oo
We enjoy and dance to it...me no knw Wetin be una own... That's this country will not move forward..
Stop wailing, so we Yorubas don't listen to Flavour,Psquare,Patoranking,Runtown etc. If your music no reign for Lagos the Entertainment capital of Nigeria then you had a disappointing year. Simple no argument.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2018
Iamgrey5:

U are very shallow.. I said Teni is not good enough not beacause she is Yoruba but beacause she is indeed not good.
Teni is getting yoruba media hype.

I said yorubas are tribalistic in music and gave u my reason. Which is exactly what I noticed..
Even some people who are not IGBOS do say that. so I don't see that as insulting a tribe.

U are quick to embolded those ones but u didn't embolded where I supported davido, and simi or are they not yorubas undecided.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Igbokid: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

U are the foolish one here because u failed to under the point.. Olamide is not good in lyrics that's the difficult truth.
Olamide has more songs with poor lyrics than good ones.
If he is not Yoruba he won't be popular because YORUBAS play too much tribalistic game in music.

IGBOS support good music unlike yorubas who support based on tribe
Go to their pages and u will know.
I'm above all this ur tribal stupidity.
Bye
You are a bigot..not that I care anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by CaptainGOOD: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2018
Igbokid:

You are a bigot..not that I care anyway

U can say whatever, and I don't also care.
I speak the truth not minding who is hurt. cool

1 Like

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by mexzony: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2018
Nigerians some of them have no idea what good music is. Phyno is very good with his lyrical content arrangements and word play. Goodness nigerians think that because you trend means you good. No it's because Nigerians like trash music that's why some artiste seem better than others.
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Ayomosix(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2018
midolian:

My friend, this response is not epic. Looks more like frustration of an artist with a disappointing year.

wa gbayi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by davecris(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2018
I am a massive fan of Phyno. But i concur with the guy. Phyno has had a below par year. Hoping he will bounce back in 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by movetoca: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2018
GBOKASINCHA:
ok na which jam phyno drop wey make sense this year apart from iwa? Btw i no dey listen to olamide i only Bleep with burnaboy
Listen to NWA featuring WALE which is the best rap song of 2018. Most of you guys music taste is very poor.
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Iamgrey5(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

U are very shallow.. I said Teni is not good enough not beacause she is Yoruba but beacause she is indeed not good.

I said yorubas are tribalistic in music and gave u my reason. Which is exactly what I noticed..
Even some people who are not IGBOS do say that. so I don't see that as insulting a tribe.

U are quick to embolded those ones but u didn't embolded where I supported davido, and simi or are they not yorubas undecided.. Lol
You are not smart, are you?

let us try an analogy

It's like me saying white people are racist because some whites prefer country music over hip pop.

Yet, I still claim to be a " liberal" and non racist who supports equality and others opinion after insulting some whites for having a different opinion from mine.

The statements above are contradictory.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by zanogo(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2018
pazienza:
Phyno had a great year.

Fuwa Sewa
NWA
Iwa

Were all dope songs.
I understand Phyno don't court controversy to remain in the news like other Nigerians artists do. Dude is as clean as they come, only focused on his music, he is naturally introverted.

My favorite musician any day any time.

Phyno, you are highly appreciated by "us" don't let the haters get to you, keep singing and rapping in Igbo, keep doing it for your people.
i do not know why " these people" hate the truth, tell me a hit song this year like fada fada that phyno produced, just one!!! people are saying he is speaking igbo that is why people are not understanding, was he not speaking igbo when he was making back to back hits then? his best song this year is average at best, some people have even forgotten he is an artiste, the industry is very competitive, you cant just sleep, you are as good as your last song. he is just too relaxed this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by zanogo(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

an igbo man calling another man tribalistic is like an armed robber calling a petty thief out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by DJInfluence: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2018
why did he even wasted time responding? It´s only in Nigeria that people expect you to have hit songs every year. no wonder the quality of the songs are nothing to write home about. Rubbish journalist that is looking for cheap likes
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by SirBunky85(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2018
Holuwahyomzzy:
One of the best indigenous rappers in Nigeria, Phyno bought a Rolls Royce Phantom worth N204M earlier this year and his music is so much loved in the east, Can this man tell me the meaning of 'disappointing' because I am not understanding undecided
phyno might be popular in naija but he's no longer a rapper pls.most of his latest singles can't be described as rap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by arinze3131(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
why won't stupid people mind their business? what's his business wit phyno self? cus he raps in Igbo abi?who even asked 4 his opinion? stupid, useless people.
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Yorobastard(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2018
Phyno is just a fool.....how tribe take enter the matter.....Talk with out proper comprehension on message passed across

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by anambraamaka: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
Phyno had a great year and will have a better 2019
Re: Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year by Princemoneyman(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2018
Jealousy & bad belle people .....
You get money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Annie Idibia's Wedding Dress (Kosibah Designed For 1.7 Million Naira) / Angry Fan Wishes Denrele Dead (snapshots) / Top Nollywood Actresses With Little Or No Scandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.