Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,226 members, 7,842,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS (25158 Views)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Android Q – See The New Features Google Plans On Releasing / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Help me tell them. Most of these phone companies are heavily reliant on Google's android OS, if Google ditches android OS today and replaces with Fuchsia, these OEMs should expect to change to Fuchsia also.

Besides, with flutter, you can write code for iOS, android and Fuchsia.
Flutter is relatively new, the final apk size is very large, plus if yhu have an original idea for an app unless yhu want to spend too time on it, I advice yhu to stick with pure os, cause most of flutters bugs are yet to be caught, and errors have yet to solved, compared to pure os the .
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
it's an SDK

i doubt if u can build an app within 2 weeks....maybe a very simple app
Oga you dey talk like pro since but I just realized you're not.

Don't say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

..continuing from the post above. Progressive web apps are cool no doubt but it doesn't change the fact that a progressive web App (PWA) would run ON an OS. It needs a platform to run on. Besides web apps can't access some native features in a mobile phone and a typical example is the camera.

I've seen a couple of PWA and have a friend who built one. It's essentially like a website optimized to work like an app but it CAN'T replace a real app IMO
True, pwa is just a fancy way of saying hybrid app, the kind bug way go nack people going into still dey do press up.

Seriously hybrid apps should be a no.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by imagrg(m): 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
Well, wetin concern me?
I browse with this new browser that's making wave on the internet and make cool free btc which I will sell for cash soon.
If you wish to join me, see my signature below for correct link please.

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Yhu can't build a rock solid app in 2 weeks bros , when I say rock solid app, I dont mean app implementing webview. I mean a complex Os app from backend to frontend.
Not an app that calculates 1 + 1, hello world na app too, I mean a real functional app from scratch that tackles a problem, like an e-commerce app, or location dependent app.

The average development time span for an ecommerce app, is 4-6 months depending.

Yhu can build it in 2 weeks, especially in a country like 9ja.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

lol........I repeat,u can't build an app within a month....do u even know the lines of codes and the number of testings u will do before launching an app?.....let alone fixing bugs and errors ( most important part of software development).it takes at least 3 to 6 months to build an app and years to build a computer program like Photoshop, Microsoft word ,Corel draw etc

flutter is an SDK(software development kit),if u don't know the meaning.just like Vs code and visual studio

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
chalantmike:

Yhu can't build a rock solid app in 2 weeks bros , when I say rock solid app, I dont mean app implementing webview. I mean a complex Os app from backend to frontend.
Not an app that calculates 1 + 1, hello world na app too, I mean a real functional app from scratch that tackles a problem, like an e-commerce app, or location dependent app.

The average development time span for an ecommerce app, is 4-6 months depending.

This is not a matter of 9ja or anything. A team is working on the APIs and another team on the mobile app.

He specifically stated mobile app and not just something solid app. With flutter, you'd realize that building apps is quite fast

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Flutter is not a language, its a framework for writing mobile apps. Flutter uses the Dart programming language and anyone who's been programming for a while can build an app in flutter in two weeks.
I repeat,there is no way u can build an app within 2 weeks.except u are talking about the graphic design of the app .u can't code and debug within 2 months let alone 2 weeks
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

This is not a matter of 9ja or anything. A team is working on the APIs and another team on the mobile app.

He specifically stated mobile app and not just something solid app. With flutter, you'd realize that building apps is quite fast
even with the best and most popular SDKs,visul studio and visual studio code that have been existing for years,u can't even build a functional app with a month...if u are talking about graphic design,I agree ...but coding and debugging....that takes up to 3 months, minimum

even bill gate can't build an app within 2 weeks
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by AZeD1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
I repeat,there is no way u can build an app within 2 weeks.except u are talking about the graphic design of the app .u can't code and debug within 2 months let alone 2 weeks
Dude speak for yourself

https://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/blog/built-app-2-weeks-using-ionic-framework/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ionicframework.com/how-i-built-launched-an-app-in-2-weeks-to-40000-users-with-ionic/amp/

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
even with the best and most popular SDKs,visul studio and visual studio code that have been existing for years,u can't even build a functional app with a month...if u are talking about graphic design,I agree ...but coding and debugging....that takes up to 3 months, minimum

even bill gate can't build an app within 2 weeks
Functional is relative.

I don't mean as a person or a company, you'd build and ship apps within 2 weeks, lol, who does that but you should be able to come up with something reasonable with the team working hard enough.

Don't forget, proper planning has been done and this is the time for the coding alone
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Functional is relative.

I don't mean as a person or a company, you'd build and ship apps within 2 weeks, lol, who does that but you should be able to come up with something reasonable with the team working hard enough.

Don't forget, proper planning has been done and this is the time for the coding alone
coding period doesn't mean u have created an app... fixing bugs and errors takes longer period,even years...otherwise hackers will feast on u when it's launched
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
coding period doesn't mean u have created an app... fixing bugs and errors takes longer period,even years...otherwise hackers will feast on u when it's launched
Okay
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Dude speak for yourself

https://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/blog/built-app-2-weeks-using-ionic-framework/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ionicframework.com/how-i-built-launched-an-app-in-2-weeks-to-40000-users-with-ionic/amp/
smh.....these are mere words from a developer that's bent on deceiving readers just to attract patronage...even the biggest software company, Microsoft can even build an app within 2 weeks
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by AZeD1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:

flutter is an SDK(software development kit),if u don't know the meaning.just like Vs code and visual studio

Dude stop saying what you don't know.

Visual Studio is a full fledged IDE.
Vs Code is a light weight code editor.

Flutter is not in anyway remotely alike to Visual studio or Vs Code.

1 Like

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by doublecross(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
and common sense is expensive
weed is really very cheap.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Okay
my guy,let's go back to the topic...don't waste your time on fuchsia or flutter ...they are going nowhere.

Google's privacy invasion is the biggest fuchsia's Frankenstein monster.also developers don't take Google serious nowadays,cos they cannot be trusted..just take a look at some of their softwares they deprecated or killed in the last 2 years.dont forget about chrome os and wear OS have been projected to replace android tablets and android smart watch os are almost non existing
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
my guy,let's go back to the topic...don't waste your time on fuchsia or flutter ...they are going nowhere.

Google's privacy invasion is the biggest fuchsia's Frankenstein monster.also developers don't take Google serious nowadays,cos they cannot be trusted..just take a look at some of their softwares they deprecated or killed in the last 2 years.dont forget about chrome os and wear OS have been projected to replace android tablets and android smart watch os are almost non existing
Okay, noted
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Sneaky, we are not talking about a team here, we are talking about yhu, single handedly.
Ofcos a team can build as app in two weeks even under 48hrs.

Its flutter is development is fast at the expense of large final apk size.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by martineverest(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
AZeD1:

Dude stop saying what you don't know.

Visual Studio is a full fledged IDE.
Vs Code is a light weight code editor.

Flutter is not in anyway remotely alike to Visual studio or Vs Code.
I laff at your ignorance......update urself bro
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by AZeD1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
You should update yourself because it's so you don't know what you are talking about.

Flutter is similar to iconic, react native, Xamarin et al.

Visual studio is similar to IntelliJ, Netbeans, Eclipse et al.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
Please what's the correct thing I want to learn
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
u are a flutter developer?....do u think u are chatting with a learner?..when did Google released flutter SDK that u are already a developer?even the SDK is still in alpha stage not even beta.

Biko ask them , every eyed developer is screaming flutter, its the new technical hype term now, early and late last year it was kotlin, now flutter is the new term, everybody wants to seem hype and up to date.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
chalantmike:

Sneaky, we are not talking about a team here, we are talking about yhu, single handedly.
Ofcos a team can build as app in two weeks even under 48hrs.

Its flutter is development is fast at the expense of large final apk size.
Okay

So you mean 6.95mb is large right? Good.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by AZeD1(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
chalantmike:

What do you mean you can't build a rock solid app in two weeks?
Mr Chukwuma wants an app to record daily sales in his shop are you saying that can't be done in two weeks?

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by smartpyzee(m): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2018
tsephanyah:
If your house was on fire while you were asleep, you wouldn't wake up. Sense of smell is off when you're sleeping.

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
martineverest:
dead on arrival..they tried doing same thing with chrome OS,it been a total failure.what about wear OS,android one?.....Google can't go beyond android OS..... privacy invasion has been Google's Frankenstein monster

with the advent of PWAs,I see many operating systems springing up....Samsung and Huawei will likely dump android when PWAs becomes popular.in short , android OEMs are looking for a way to ditch google
Creating a new os in this present day might be difficult, even black berry couldn't compete with android and apple.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
AZeD1:

What do you mean you can't build a rock solid app in two weeks?
Mr Chukwuma wants an app to record daily sales in his shop are you saying that can't be done in two weeks?
how do yhu want yhur app to function, what type of storage do yhu prefer inapp storageor server side, how extensive is the database going to be , by that I mean yhu just want to read sells and store records or yhu want yhur app to do something with the data, other than storage was other other functionalities are yhu looking for.

Mr Chukwuma I can build yhu that chinco app in 2 app in two day,if you want something solid I need atleast 2 months, by solid I mean something error tested, analytics, impressive ui , backend storage and inapp storage.

I can yhu that app in two, three days with stable light, but it will not be solid. The world here is solid, helo world is an app too, uber is an app also.

All this things depends on how extensive yhu want yhur app to be.
Under one day using inapp storage like room or mysql, that can be done but dont expect anything extensive at least not something yhu should run a business on, the word here now is "Should" .
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by AZeD1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
chalantmike:
how do yhu want yhur app to function, what type of storage do yhu prefer inapp storageor server side, how extensive is the database going to be , by that I mean yhu just want to read sells and store records or yhu want yhur app to do something with the data, other than storage was other other functionalities are yhu looking for.

Mr Chukwuma I can build yhu that chinco app in 2 app in two day,if you want something solid I need atleast 2 months, by solid I mean something error tested, analytics, impressive ui , backend storage and inapp storage.

I can yhu that app in two, three days with stable light, but it will not be solid. The world here is solid, helo world is an app too, uber is an app also.

All this things depends on how extensive yhu want yhur app to be.
Under one day using inapp storage like room or mysql, that can be done but dont expect anything extensive at least not something yhu should run a business on, the word here now is "Should" .
The best developers use the best tools for the job and start on the shoulders of giants.

For a simple app to record daily sales, firebase would be an awesome backend and it comes with analytics (PS there are also plenty analytics services out there and integrating is at most one day.)

Go on Twitch and watch people building applications in one day.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olalekank:

Okay
I
So you mean 6.95mb is large right? Good.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49064969/flutter-apps-are-too-big-in-size

Broz yhur sneaky, 6.95mb of what ?.
Large app size is a well known disadvantage of flutter , even google team acknowledged it, remember that flutter is literally duplicating any file or function yhu are creating, one 4 os and one for android, when it then gets to the device it decides which file to use on which os, its equivalent to detecting a mobile device using javascript and running specific scripts on it.

And have yhu notice that flutter development looks more like boilerplate development, what that means is a faster development. The whole idea behind flutter creation is boilerplate code.

If yhu have an original or something that depends heavily on native functionalities stay away from flutter.
Re: How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS by Olalekank(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
chalantmike:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49064969/flutter-apps-are-too-big-in-size

Broz yhur sneaky, 6.95mb of what ?.
Large app size is a well known disadvantage of flutter , even google team acknowledged it, remember that flutter is literally duplicating any file or function yhu are creating, one 4 os and one for android, when it then gets to the device it decides which file to use on which os, its equivalent to detecting a mobile device using javascript and running specific scripts on it.

And have yhu notice that flutter development looks more like boilerplate development, what that means is a faster development. The whole idea behind flutter creation is boilerplate code.

If yhu have an original or something that depends heavily on native functionalities stay away from flutter.
Okay
Check the image for app-release

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 2 With Face Unlock, 6 Inches 3500mah Battery: Specifications / Meet Labani Hausa Boy In Katsina Who Return Iphone13 Pro (picture) / EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.