Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child (879 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / Ifeoma Vivian Emeka: Born Again Burns Her Hair Extensions, "They Are Demonic" (2) (3) (4)

Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by LordReed(m): 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
The police were called and jurors heard she told police: "The angels told me to do it. Just arrest me, it's OK."

When she was cautioned, she said: "Jesus told me to do it. She will be OK. Trust me. I'm not crazy, I promise you.

"I promise you I wouldn't do that to my only girl if she wasn't returning."

But later at the police station, the court heard she also said: "I'm a monster."

The defendant told police she had been having "visions of angels" and was required to "sacrifice her daughter in order to prove my faith".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-46559691
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:
The police were called and jurors heard she told police: "The angels told me to do it. Just arrest me, it's OK."

When she was cautioned, she said: "Jesus told me to do it. She will be OK. Trust me. I'm not crazy, I promise you.

"I promise you I wouldn't do that to my only girl if she wasn't returning."

But later at the police station, the court heard she also said: "I'm a monster."

The defendant told police she had been having "visions of angels" and was required to "sacrifice her daughter in order to prove my faith".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-46559691
Ignorance of the ways of God is the only thing that would lead someone to believe that such an idea could ever emanate from God.

Reason being that God has never asked for the life of a human being to be sacrificed by killing in His respect except in the instance of Abraham.

And that was just meant to be a test as was proven by His stopping of Abraham from carrying thru with the instruction.

Jesus HImself who was the only begotten Son of God also never asked for such from any person, so for someone to believe that what He had never done before, He would do now only smacks of ignorance.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Evangkatsoulis: 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
jesusjnr:
Ignorance of the ways of God is the only thing that would lead someone to believe that such an idea could ever emanate from God.

Reason being that God has never asked for the life of a human being to be sacrificed by killing in His respect except in the instance of Abraham.

And that was just meant to be a test as was proven by His stopping of Abraham from carrying thru with the instruction.

Jesus HImself who was the only begotten Son of God also never asked for such from any person, so for someone to believe that what He had never done before, He would do now only smacks of ignorance.

Wetin this one dey talk? Are you saying the creator of the universe is unable to command someone to kill another?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 28, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Wetin this one dey talk? Are you saying the creator of the universe is unable to command someone to kill another?
Do you understand the difference between killing and sacrificing?

If you did then you would know what I was talking about.

And even killing itself, Jesus had never told any one and would never tell anyone to do it.

So anyone that hears such an instruction should know that such could never have emanated from Him.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Evangkatsoulis: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
jesusjnr:
Do you understand the difference between killing and sacrificing?

If you did then you would know what I was talking about.

And even killing itself, Jesus had never told any one and would never tell anyone to do it.

So anyone that hears such an instruction should know that such could never have emanated from Him.

The scripture you refer to is word of God(although indirect); her vision is a direct one. So which one should she take?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

The scripture you refer to is word of God(although indirect); her vision is a direct one. So which one should she take?
That's why I said it was ignorance that led her to accept that such a saying came from Jesus.

Because imagine the voice Instead told her to go and sleep with a mad man, wouldn't it be obvious that it's not from God?

There are many contrary spirits that's why it's Important for someone to use the characteristics of a vision to know if it came from God or not.

Besides she might not be sincere, but only used that just to draw sympathy, as she also said she was a monster, so you never know.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by MuttleyLaff: 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

With the greatest respect to you, I am not sure you understand the climate of the dispensation we believers are living under and enjoying.

For the sake of argument and discussion, if at all, God at any passage of time in past, had sought that someone should sacrifice his only son to Him, or to kill a person and/or people, well the good news is, that era and demands of nature like any of those, are behind us and gone.

The dispensation right now we're enjoying & living under is about power, and of love, and of a sound mind

That lady's allowed her demons overpower her and take over possession and ownership of her soul and mind
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Evangkatsoulis: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

With the greatest respect to you, I am not sure you understand the climate of the dispensation we believers are living under and enjoying.

For the sake of argument and discussion, if at all, God at any passage of time in past, had sought that someone should sacrifice his only son to Him, or to kill a person and/or people, well the good news is, that era and demands of nature like any of those, are behind us and gone.

The dispensation right now we're enjoying & living under is about power, and of love, and of a sound mind

That lady's allowed her demons overpower her and take over possession and ownership of her soul and mind

You don't have proof that it was demons and not the real God that told her to do so?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by MuttleyLaff: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:
You don't have proof that it was demons and not the real God that told her to do so?
Hazard a guess.
Who do you think between demons and the real God told her to drown her four-year-old daughter and set fire to her body on a coffee table in the garden?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Evangkatsoulis: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Hazard a guess.
Who do you think between demons and the real God told her to drown her four-year-old daughter and set fire to her body on a coffee table in the garden?

It could be either. I don't know why you think that God can't do it.
God as the ultimate moral arbiter is beyond good and evil. He decides what's good and what's bad. If he says killing your loved one is good, then it is good because he says so. No other reason.
So do you think the command to drown her 4-year-old daughter is good or evil? If evil, by whose standards, God or man? If by God, can't he then will it to be good?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by MuttleyLaff: 12:23am On Dec 29, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:
It could be either. I don't know why you think that God can't do it.
God as the ultimate moral arbiter is beyond good and evil. He decides what's good and what's bad. If he says killing your loved one is good, then it is good because he says so. No other reason.
So do you think the command to drown her 4-year-old daughter is good or evil? If evil, by whose standards, God or man? If by God, can't he then will it to be good?
Are you telling that you believe God, in this dispensation we are living in and under, could tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden?

Think carefully before you give your answer please.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Evangkatsoulis: 12:33am On Dec 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Are you telling that you believe God, in this dispensation we are living in and under, could tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden?

Think carefully before you give your answer please.
Yes na, why can't He?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by MuttleyLaff: 12:44am On Dec 29, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:
Yes na, why can't He?
I am all ears. You tell me:
1/ Why can God tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden?
2/ Why will God tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garde?
3/ What would God be calling this action and demand by him telling you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden
4/ What will prompt God to want to tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden?
5/ What is the rationale and/or reason behind God telling you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden

Again think the questions through and properly before you give your answers
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Dantedasz(m): 1:52am On Dec 29, 2018
This is hilarious.
They will wriggle and wriggle and wriggle.....trying to justify absurdities.
Then the insults..
Then violence..
Phew....

This God is omniscient.Why would he need Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to test his faith?
This is a God that allowed Jephthah to sacrifice his daughter to him as a burnt offering. Reference Judges chapter 11-12.

Even the Bible in Leviticus Chapter 27 verses 28-29 justifies human sacrifice to God.

Reference-

Leviticus 27:28-29 English Standard Version (ESV)
28 “But no devoted thing that a man devotes to the Lord, of anything that he has, whether man or beast, or of his inherited field, shall be sold or redeemed; every devoted thing is most holy to the Lord. 29 No one devoted, who is to be devoted for destruction[a] from mankind, shall be ransomed; he shall surely be put to death.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by CAPSLOCKED: 6:48am On Dec 29, 2018
jesusjnr:
That's why I said it was ignorance that led her to accept that such a saying came from Jesus.
BUT IT IS OKAY TO ACCEPT THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS OF A BURNING BUSH TO MOSES CAME FROM JESUS. WOW.

Because imagine the voice Instead told her to go and sleep with a mad man, wouldn't it be obvious that it's not from God?
SO YOU'RE TRYING TO DISPUTE THAT THIS WOMAN DIDN'T ACT BY GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS BUT ABRAHAM DID? WOW.

There are many contrary spirits that's why it's Important for someone to use the characteristics of a vision to know if it came from God or not.
AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU'RE TALKING NONSENSE. DEEP DOWN YOU IT'S ABNORMAL FOR ANY SANE HUMAN TO KILL THEIR LITTLE CHILD BECAUSE A TALKING SNAKE OR TOOTHBRUSH TELLS THEM TO DO SO. BUT YET YOU'RE CHOOSING TO BE DISHONEST WITH THE TOPIC BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE YOU ADMIRE FROM YOUR GORY FAIRY TALE BOOK DID IT.

Besides she might not be sincere, but only used that just to draw sympathy, as she also said she was a monster, so you never know.
BUT ABRAHAM WAS SINCERE, BECAUSE IT'S IN THE BIBLE?
IF OYEDEPO, MOUKA, OLUKOYA, ENECHE, OR ANY OTHER ONE OF YOUR BIG DADDY GO'S MAKES A CLAIM LIKE THIS WILL YOU STAND FOR OR AGAINST HIM?

THE LIES YOU AND YOUR RELIGION PEDDLE...... IF THERE'S A HELL FOR CHRONIC LIARS THEN ALL RELIGIONS I KNOW ARE GOING THERE STRAIGHT.

Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by CAPSLOCKED: 6:56am On Dec 29, 2018
Dantedasz:

This is a God that allowed Jephthah to sacrifice his daughter to him as a burnt offering. Reference Judges chapter 11-12.

THIS REMINDS ME OF THAT KING THAT DID THE SAME IN GAME OF THRONES. FANS FORGOT IT WAS JUST A MOVIE AND WANTED HIS HEAD ON A PLATE FOR DOING SOMETHING THAT "IMMORAL".

BUT A CERTAIN JEPHTHAH COOKED HIS LITTLE DAUGHTER AND ALL THE CHRISTIAN NATIONS THINK IT'S APPROPRIATE AND VERY "MORAL" BECAUSE IT'S IN THE BIBLE.

I TELL YOU THAT IF KIDNAPPING, MONEY RITUALS, INTERNET FRAUD, MONEY LAUNDERING, AND ASSASSINS WERE SAID TO BE RIGHT IN THE BIBLE, MANY CHRISTIANS WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. YOU'LL OFTEN FIND THEM PREVENTING THE POLICE FROM ARRESTING PERPETRATORS.

Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Dantedasz(m): 7:27am On Dec 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS REMINDS ME OF THAT KING THAT DID THE SAME IN GAME OF THRONES. FANS FORGOT IT WAS JUST A MOVIE AND WANTED HIS HEAD ON A PLATE FOR DOING SOMETHING THAT "IMMORAL".

BUT A CERTAIN JEPHTHAH COOKED HIS LITTLE DAUGHTER AND ALL THE CHRISTIAN NATIONS THINK IT'S APPROPRIATE AND VERY "MORAL" BECAUSE IT'S IN THE BIBLE.

I TELL YOU THAT IF KIDNAPPING, MONEY RITUALS, INTERNET FRAUD, MONEY LAUNDERING, AND ASSASSINS WERE SAID TO BE RIGHT IN THE BIBLE, MANY CHRISTIANS WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. YOU'LL OFTEN FIND THEM PREVENTING THE POLICE FROM ARRESTING PERPETRATORS.

CAPSY,
You are so on point,you are killing me.... Do you remember a certain Reverend King that used to have wild orgies with the nubile members of his church?
He set fire to and burnt one of his church members for refusing him sex and because of this his church members have been fighting tooth and nail to get him free from the death sentence passed on him. The poor victim of madness conveniently forgotten. Religionists always have selective amnesia to the atrocities of their God but it is our civic duty to always remind them because we know what is in their fable book,more than them.

Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE LIES YOU AND YOUR RELIGION PEDDLE...... IF THERE'S A HELL FOR CHRONIC LIARS THEN ALL RELIGIONS I KNOW ARE GOING THERE STRAIGHT.
If you get proof that God exists as I have, would you believe in Him?
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by kkins25(m): 10:56am On Dec 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I am all ears. You tell me:
1/ Why can God tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden?
2/ Why will God tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garde?
3/ What would God be calling this action and demand by him telling you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden
4/ What will prompt God to want to tell you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden?
5/ What is the rationale and/or reason behind God telling you to drown your daughter or son and set fire to the body on a table put somewhere in the garden

Again think the questions through and properly before you give your answers

Here you go sir

Dantedasz:
This is hilarious.
They will wriggle and wriggle and wriggle.....trying to justify absurdities.
Then the insults..
Then violence..
Phew....

This God is omniscient.Why would he need Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to test his faith?

Even the Bible in Leviticus Chapter 27 verses 28-29 justifies human sacrifice to God.

Reference-

Leviticus 27:28-29 English Standard Version (ESV)
28 “But no devoted thing that a man devotes to the Lord, of anything that he has, whether man or beast, or of his inherited field, shall be sold or redeemed; every devoted thing is most holy to the Lord. 29 No one devoted, who is to be devoted for destruction[a] from mankind, shall be ransomed; he shall surely be put to death.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by MuttleyLaff: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2018
kkins25:
Here you go sir
Thanks but no thanks. I saw it the first time round.

kkins, anything after Dantedasz's first four lines of that post was what he added to the original.

I am interested in replies coming from Evangkatsoulis only, and honestly speaking, I wasnt pleased seeing that Dantedasz seems to be assisting Evangkatsoulis with possible information, he might take advantage off to present as part of his answers to the 5 questions

It's Evangkatsoulis I am facing. Sorry.

Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by spongeisback: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2018
At least she had more balls than Abraham, the first mad dad.
Re: Jesus Told Me To Do It: Mother Drowns And Burns Her Child by MuttleyLaff: 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
spongeisback:
At least she had more balls than Abraham, the first mad dad.
The times and circumstances were different.
She lost her marbles, that's what it is. She didn't have more balls than Abraham.

Abraham wasn't mad, if he was, then he was just as mad as everyone around him was mad. They all were mad into sacrificing, being heathens that they all were

Series: How To Discipline Your Flesh / Best Astrology Website In India| Free Online Horoscope Predictions / Are We All God's Children?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89