Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Shocking Article About Dubai - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Shocking Article About Dubai (17048 Views)

SEE Incredible Pictures About Dubai! / Let's Talk About Dubai Visa / Top 10 Unbelievable Facts About Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by kadman(m): 1:27am On Aug 12, 2010
Dis Guy:

I wonder why journalists are always accused of have ulterior motives, if this was written by a nigerian would it still be a case of trying to paint the country bad?
That's even worse, they'll accuse him of "bad belle"
It's not only a Nigerian thing though, I'm doing an International Management course,and the first thing they thought is - any article you read, question the ulterior motive of the author and publication i.e is it a left wing leaning company or right wing.
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by mystikal(m): 2:15am On Aug 12, 2010
Dubai my ass
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by ixxlaw: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2010
@okunoba

I am not in support of the negativity in Dubai; just saying that our leaders should grab a clue from the positives. Having the welfare of their natives at heart is encouraging. That is not to say We should debilitate and humiliate foreigners with lesser economies. However we should not sell off our stakes to some assumed almighty foreigners especially the ones from Asian origins. I remember a case when about 200 factory workers were roasted in a factory owned by the Chinese here in Lagos. Who investigated the case till date. These workers were locked up in a factory at night to prevent from going out for perceived theft without considering safety. When this happened, the Nigerian Police were protecting the Chinese and arresting anybody that came close to the factory to ask questions including relatives of the workers that died. An Indian once said that he could shoot a Nigerian in the streets of Lagos and nothing would happen. It is rather Nigerians that have become slaves in their own soil to these Asians. Have you seen the working conditions meted out to workers in some of the Indian, Lebanese and Chinese owned factories. The factory has become home to some of the workers as they cannot afford the transport to go home and come back to the factory. Have seen the living conditions of some people here in Lagos, when the honourables in the house grow fat on allowances. Have you gone to the banks and see how loans are granted to foreigners with light skin without collateral and yet Nigerians who qualify for the loans are never considered for fear that they would never pay back. Who do you think caused the failures of some of the banks in the country? mostly Asians who never paid back; ran away changed their names came back to the country and still leaving large. Today Nigerians struggle to go to Europe and America while Indians and Lebanese will give anything to come to Nigeria. Our leadership should really learn a thing or two from this Dubai write up.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by wale4x35(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
What do you expect from English press or journalist? same s**t different day.

Sometimes ago they were in Lagos telling the whole world about slumps as if there are no slumps in the UK. Now Its Dubai's turn, may South Africa would be next.

The visionary leader of Dubai tried to create something out of nothing for his fellow countrymen. Im surprised some headless nlanders now join these f**king british  angry angry angry in ridiculing the emirates.

Fashola is trying to do the same in Lagos.

Give credits where its due people.  angry angry angry angry
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by aniekan28(m): 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
we all have choices in life, i've never seen a room in Dubai without an air-conditioner. You can easily get a used one off the pakistanis at a very cheap rate,if need be. To cut the whole shit short, if u run into a Nigerian living in Dubai illegally, as am y him never come back,
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by sulad82i(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2010
Some people would rather go thru the crazy things they'll face in other country than stay hungry and hopeless in 9ja
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
sulad82i:

Some people would rather go thru the crazy things they'll face in other country than stay hungry and hopeless in 9ja
True Talk, atleast "d end justify evrythg" Suffer b4 pleasure.
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by sherrify: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2010
am happy dat people are begining to see wat i always say about dubai, for visit gud for residing gbabe aint worth it
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by Yorubah(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2010
Am expecting a response from there stupid office in Dubai or S A to talk back what i fired at them
Re: Shocking Article About Dubai by sherrify: 2:52am On Sep 03, 2010
VISITORS COME IN AND JUST GET CARRIED AWAY NOT KNOWING WAT THE PEOPLE BUILDING THIS COUNTRY GO THROUGH SLAVERY AND EXTURSION BY FORCE, IMAGINE COUNTRY WEY GET ALL THOSE MUCH BUILDINGS THEY RENT 1 ROOM OUT FOR 1-2K DOLLARS PER MONTH , AS AN INVESTOOR I KNOW WAT GOES OUT OF UR POCKET STILL THEM NO RESPECT U ASLONG AS U KNOW BE WHITTY, WELL THANK GOD SAY MANY BRITIKO DON BEGIN SLEEP FOR BEACH OVER NIGHT AS THEM WEY SUPPOSE SHOUR FOR THE INDIANS B4 NOW NO SHOUT COS OF WETIN DEM DEY CHOP, IMAGIN I BUY A CAR AM USING HERE FOR 2KUSD AND OVER A YEAR THEM DON GIVE ME FINE OF 4,500USD, WHERE IS D SENSE, MOUTH NO FIT TALK AM FINISH, MANY PEOPLE AVE LOST MILLIONS OF MONEY HERE INVESTING WITHOUT GAIN,
AM NOT SHOCKED ANYBODY WEY COLLECT MONEY BY FORCE OR MAN ENERGY BY FORCE WITHOUT DUE PAYMENT IN RETURN GO SEE GOD VEX,
HUN HUNN WETIN OTHER NATIONS BUILD FOR MANY YEARS DEM WAN GET AM WITHIN FEW YEARS, NA DEM SABI, AS FAR AS AM CONCERN AM AN HARD WORKING NIGERIAN MAN WHO INVESTED HIS SWEAT HERE AND SO FAR SO GUD AVE INVESTED IN OTHER COUNTRIES IF THEM BUISNESS LIFE FINISH TODAY OFF I GO AND MAINTAIN WITH MY OTHER BUISNESSES IN OTHER COUNTRIES,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many States In Nigeria Have You Been To? / How Arik Air Became Moribund Under AMCON In 5 Years — Vanguard / Fire Outbreak At Pako Market In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.