Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Greater Works Than These Shall You Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greater Works Than These Shall You Do (914 Views)

John 14:12 "And Greater Works Than These Shall He Do": But No One Has! / Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? / Greater Works Than These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
John 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Problem is, I was in one of the staunchest Christian groups for about 20 years and I have NEVER EVER SEEN ;

1. The dead raised
2. The Blind see
3. The deaf hear or the dumb talk
4. The amputees restored with brand new limbs
5. External cancer healed
6. AIDs healed
etc etc

What are all these miracles that Christians keep talking about ? If you notice they are always miracles for internal problems that cannot be observed and verified such as cancer, heart disease, head aches etc. Indeed many of these cases have been debunked as fraudulent and in other cases by sheer coincidence. Now I am sure God can heal and that there may be evidence of this although such cases may be few and far between.

Why is that all external ailments plaguing mankind , the ones that are visible , cannot be cured by preachers and their tithe paying members.

Surely if Jesus was able to perform astounding miracles , according to this scripture , his followers should be able to do more and far more than Jesus ever did.

Please Christians , I really need to hear stories of proven cases of these greater works that you and your pastors have been doing .
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Still waiting for testimony....
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by LordReed(m): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
When I became "born again" it was one of the things I looked forward to. Jesus multiplied bread and fish for 3000+? We would be able to feed nations supernaturally. To my growing disappointment we were merely waiting to interpret chance occurrences as divine miracles, nothing we were doing was remotely near miraculous as the bible claimed. Increasingly I saw nothing different between Christians and the general population. It became quite clear the claim was not working.

1 Like

Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
LordReed:
When I became "born again" it was one of the things I looked forward to. Jesus multiplied bread and fish for 3000+? We would be able to feed nations supernaturally. To my growing disappointment we were merely waiting to interpret chance occurrences as divine miracles, nothing we were doing was remotely near miraculous as the bible claimed. Increasingly I saw nothing different between Christians and the general population. It became quite clear the claim was not working.

Yep.

I have heard countless stories of these 'greater works ' but never seen ONE, literally NONE, ZILCH. These guys are jokers, albeit many are ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Faith bro. If you study the healings of Jesus Christ you will find out that he healed more in response to peoples faith and believe that he is well able to heal. Though he healed some people without the requirement of faith but that is not always the norm.

Miracle requires our faith to manifest in our lives.
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
frosbel2:
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Problem is, I was in one of the staunchest Christian groups for about 20 years and I have NEVER EVER SEEN ;

1. The dead raised
2. The Blind see
6. AIDs healed
etc etc

What are all these miracles that Christians keep talking about ? If you notice they are always miracles for internal problems that cannot be observed and verified such as cancer, heart disease, head aches etc. Indeed many of these cases have been debunked as fraudulent and in other cases by sheer coincidence. Now I am sure God can heal and that there may be evidence of this although such cases may be few and far between.

Why is that all external ailments plaguing mankind , the ones that are visible , cannot be cured by preachers and their tithe paying members.

Surely if Jesus was able to perform astounding miracles , according to this scripture , his followers should be able to do more and far more than Jesus ever did.

Please Christians , I really need to hear stories of proven cases of these greater works that you and your pastors have been doing .
If it's just the works you need to believe In God, you'd soon see one and it would be a greater work.
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by spongeisback: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
So faith oyedepo didn't have faith? What about benson idahosa? Mrs kumuyi
bloodofthelamb:
Faith bro. If you study the healings of Jesus Christ you will find out that he healed more in response to peoples faith and believe that he is well able to heal. Though he healed some people without the requirement of faith but that is not always the norm.

Miracle requires our faith to manifest in our lives.

2 Likes

Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by MuttleyLaff: 12:17am On Dec 30, 2018
frosbel2:
Yep.

I have heard countless stories of these 'greater works ' but never seen ONE, literally NONE, ZILCH. These guys are jokers, albeit many are ignorant.
You must have been living under a stone to have never seen, read or heard of any.
The joke is you matey, the joke is on you and you're right there, at the top, among and with the most ignorant.
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by tobechi74: 12:25am On Dec 30, 2018
it is miracle that nnamdi KANU us alive after military and oyrhon bir him
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 12:35am On Dec 30, 2018
frosbel2:

1. The dead raised
2. The Blind see
6. AIDs healed
etc etc

WORKS comes from energy (power). Power is classified in two forms (1) Physical abilities (2) Mental abilities.
Physical is what you're able to do with your body as in what you're capable of handling PHYSICALLY!
Mentally is the result of your intelligence as in ability to make use of your brains!
Both can work great things, but while physical has limitations, Mental can achieve countless things.
Jesus wasn't referring to the former when He said His mortal followers will do GREATER works than He did,because PHYSICALLY Jesus can control all the forces of nature while NOBODY amongst humans can try one tenth of it. So what was Jesus talking about?
Of course the word BELIEVE has a lot to do with the brain,therefore Jesus is referring to the later.
When someone's brains has been filled with the thoughts and words of Jesus, such a person can go a long way in the preaching and teaching WORK LONGER than Jesus did.
Today TRUE Christians have done just that!
*Jesus only preached and teach for three and a half years, but some Christians have spent close to 70 years in the WORK!
*Jesus only preached within Israel, but Christians have preached in far distant lands in fact to the end of the earth!
*Jesus had only a mother and siblings to challenge his preaching works but many Christians had to deal with wives,children, in-laws, bosses, cotenants apart from mother and siblings!
In these regard some Christians have done WORKS greater than Jesus. But when someone is expecting powerless humans to do PHYSICAL works greater than that which a person whose strength as in inner force can calm a storm. embarassed embarassed Haba that's just too much to expect of them! undecided undecided
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 30, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You must have been living under a stone to have never seen, read or heard of any.
The joke is you matey, the joke is on you. You are right there, at the top, among and with the most ignorant.

Yeah , the miracles are in such plenty supply that we still see a plethora of ill people overwhelming the hospitals or what is left of them , while other people suffer from a variety of ailments with no money to pay for medical bills , and are left at the mercy of crooked pastors who promise them healing , but instead empty their bank accounts.

So where are your miracle workers ? Jesus went about healing ALL and doing GOOD. All you guys know how to do is to organise crusades that are carefully stage managed to ensure no real sick person ever makes it to the podium. Why don't you guys go out into the streets, hospitals, churches, villages etc and heal as many as have faith ?

Alas its not going to happen , because your faith is a fake powerless, noisy load of bullsh1t that produces only fruits of delusions , randy pastors and mis-road members.

Abeg commot for my face cheesy

1 Like

Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:05am On Dec 30, 2018
spongeisback:
So faith oyedepo didn't have faith? What about benson idahosa? Mrs kumuyi

I don't care whoever you are using as an authority. The just shall live by faith, says the holy scriptures.
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

I don't care whoever you are using as an authority. The just shall live by faith, says the holy scriptures.

Yep , the faith that requires the sheeple to be BRAIN DEAD.
Re: Greater Works Than These Shall You Do by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2018
Just as I thought, NOT ONE TESTIMONY of REAL MIRACLES.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Is Fiction - A Collection Of Evidence / Cossy Orjiakor Describes How Apostle Suleman’s Manhood Looks / I Am Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.