Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

How To Make Pounded Plantain /'ogede Titi' - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Pounded Plantain /'ogede Titi' (764 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / 3 Ways To Make Pounded Yam Without A Mortar / How To Make Pounded With Raw Yam: Pounded Yam Without Mortar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Pounded Plantain /'ogede Titi' by Johnboom: 12:30am On Dec 31, 2018
My name is Genetic. I will like to prepare one of the delicious meal we eat in western part of Nigeria particularly Ekiti. This food is very rich in potassium that is good for ionic balance and also ion for blood formation as well as a perfect remedy for sperm stimulation in men, but due to western culture many might have forgotten.
INGREDIENTS
Handful of Scotch bonnet Pepper_Atarodo
Onion-Alubosa
Locus Beans-Iru
Palm Oil-Epo pupa
4-6 Finger fairly ripe plantain-Ogede to pon di é
Salt-Iyo
METHODS
1) Blend your pepper and onion separately
2) Put your palm oil on fire for few minutes until hot but do not bleach the oil.
3) put onion on the oil and stir after like 1 to 2 mints add your pepper follow by Locus beans and salt to taste. Cook like 15 to 20 minutes and set aside.
4) Cook your plantain.Note of warning. You must be careful in selecting your plantain because this will determine success or failure of the food.The type of plantain to be used is the one that is not well ripe-fairly ripe one. If you must choose very ripe one that we use for dodo, it must not be more than one. Cook until it is done .
5) Put inside mortal and pound just like you pound yam but instead of adding water you add the prepared stew above.
The food will serve about 3 persons. Surprise your hubby/friends this festival period by giving it a try.You may reach me on genetic634 @gmail.com. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Prevent Belly Fat In 2020 No 5 Works Faster / OLILIFOOD DELIVERY SERVICE :Everything You Need To Know. / See The Tomatoes I Bought For 1200 In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.