Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,238 members, 7,836,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day (2504 Views)

NASCO Expands, Opens New Production Line In Jos / Bolaji Oluwadunsin: Nairalander Wins 2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant Of $5000 / Apply For Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 10:15am On Dec 31, 2018
In 2018, about 150,000 persons applied for the grant and about 1,500 persons were selected.

I am an Alumni of the Program and together with other Alumnus will be willing to assist/mentor applicants for FREE. You can join our Whatsapp group for closer connect with 0803.

Some more info from the last application that is still very much relevant for 2019.

The Tony Elumelu Foundation is a special organization that helps new entrepreneurs to reach success and supports the promising enterprises. They offer a lot of programs and grants for those who want to promote their businesses.

This organization was founded in 2010 by the entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony Elumelu. Nowadays, it is one of the leading companies that support the entrepreneurship not only in Nigeria but in the whole Africa. Every year, they keep growing and expanding, and their projects help more and more people.

Tony Elumelu Foundation is investing into entrepreneurship funding in Nigeria and on the African continent, so lots of new Nigerian businessmen and businesswomen take up the opportunities offered by them.

Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program (TEEP) was designed to help the creative entrepreneurs submit their ideas. Tony Elumelu Foundation entrepreneurship program This program gave the entrepreneurs a chance to work together with Tony Elumelu Foundation.

It provided them with such aspects:

Professional training – the applicants had twelve weeks of online training, which helped them to learn how to create and manage their own business.

Mentoring – the participants got their own mentor of world-class, who guided them through the early business stages.

Funding – The participants are given $5000 (paid at the current Naira exchange rate) to prove their concept.

Network – the applicants will get exclusive access to the Tony Elumelu Foundation’s global contacts, and their network of start-ups in Africa.

The Tony Elumelu Foundation is planning to find, train, fund, and support about 10,000 entrepreneurs from Africa by 2024. The founder of the company, Tony Elumelu, said that when they have launched the foundation and spent $100 million on establishing it, they never had an idea how big will be the impact of their organization. Since they started their program, they started the movement of young and ambitious entrepreneurs along with it. Now, they are becoming more and more influential in Africa with every year, and Tony Elumelu believes that they will change Africa for the better one day.

The 2018 program has already selected 1,000 entrepreneurs for the training. They were chosen based on their idea and its viability, which included the market potential, scalability, financial understanding of the business, and the leadership/entrepreneurial skills based on the information in the application.

People were only eligible for this program by the following criteria:

The business had to be based and developed in Africa.
The business had to be only for-profit – non-profit businesses could not qualify.
The business had to be relatively new, which means from 0 to about 6 years.
The applicant has to be at least 18 years old.
Also, the applicant also had to be a legal citizen or resident of the African country.

Except for those, there were no important limitations. The Tony Elumelu Foundation encouraged all people who possess a small business to apply for this program. Perhaps, some of them will become household names in the future.

Copied from
https://www.legit.ng/1162773-tony-elumelu-foundation-grants-2018-entrepreneurship-program-application-form.html
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by kmaxx(m): 10:33am On Dec 31, 2018
Is there a place for the petty trader in this scheme?
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2018
kmaxx:
Is there a place for the petty trader in this scheme?

There is space for every business person. To be selected however, Your business must have potentials to positively affect Africans greatly.

I think the more persons your business can affect positively the more likely you will be selected
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by esegift93: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
Pls add me
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by afams(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
Please add 08135396653
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by idris01(m): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Could you please add me?
Am zealous about it.
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by johnrayz: 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2019
Please add me too 07068900864
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Emly27: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2019
Pls add 07033928302
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by gobuchinny: 9:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
Bros Jerry y did you leave your investors hanging without recourse to them?

https://www.nairaland.com/3477557/beat-recession-make-profit-every
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2019
gobuchinny:
Bros Jerry y did you leave your investors hanging without recourse to them?

https://www.nairaland.com/3477557/beat-recession-make-profit-every

My investors? Do mind your choice of words. Did you hear me say I own part of minerify? Why are you even acting childish? I invested into it like others did after I showed them what I do and we all lost some how and you say I left my investors.

Anyway, I have noted your moniker, won't even respond to you again, cos you have shown your true self trailing all my comments with this trash.
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2019
The application ends at the end of this month. Hope you have submitted yours. After the application comes selection. This year, the foundation has announced a possibility in selecting about 2,000 persons if all things go as planned. So, I wish you all success.
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
The 2020 application starts on new-year day. If you want to get direction from Alumni who got the grant for free, join us.
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Annabechick(f): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
I am interested
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
Annabechick:
I am interested

pls send me a mail, thanks
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Jayshennel: 1:09am On Dec 28, 2019
Please add me to the group

0703 868 8609
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 1:57am On Dec 28, 2019
Jayshennel:
Please add me to the group

0703 868 8609

okay, I just edited my signature for your request.

1 Like

Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by gbemiga1(m): 2:26am On Dec 28, 2019
add please 08036088780. thanks.
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by rencemartins24(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2019
Please add 08163242649
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Join from my signature guys
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Readerslead: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
Add me please 08038591950
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
Good News, application for the 2020 edition of the Tony Elumelu grant for entrepreneurs opens tomorrow. This time around, over 90% of applicants will be selected and first pass through the 8 weeks online Business training. 1,000 persons will later be selected from the grant after the training. This means you need to prove yourself during the training in order to get the grant. So, get ready!
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Jayshennel: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
JerryQ:

okay, I just edited my signature for your request.

Your signature is not more going through
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by kitanga: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020 -Joblyng

Calling all African entrepreneurs! Applications for the 6th cohort of the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is now open. The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF)—Africa’s leading philanthropy focused on empowering African entrepreneurs—is looking for the most innovative business ideas across the African continent.

The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is open to entrepreneurs from across Africa, either with new startup ideas or existing businesses of less than 3 years existence, operating in any sector. Successful applicants will join the over 9,000 current beneficiaries, from 54 African countries, and receive business training, mentoring, a non-refundable $5,000 of seed capital and global networking opportunities.

The Programme is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train, mentor and fund 10,000 young African entrepreneurs. The goal is to create millions of jobs and the revenue required for the sustainable development of the continent, implementing the philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions the private sector as the growth engine for Africa and emphasises the importance of creating social and economic wealth.

You are eligible to apply if you have a business idea or a startup under 3 years of existence in any sector and in any country across Africa.

Benefits

You could be selected to join our current 9,631 beneficiaries across 54 African countries to receive:

Business Training
Mentorship
$5,000 non-refundable seed capital
Global Networking Opportunities
Eligibility

The programme is open to all citizens and legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries. The proposed business must be registered and operate in Africa.
Applicants must be 18 years old and must not be considered a minor in their country of residence. There is no upper-limit age restriction.
Applicants can be outstanding African entrepreneurs running existing start-ups with high growth potential and aspiring business owners with transformative ideas;
All businesses must be business ideas or an early stage company, in the range of 0 to 3 years old.
Your application must focus on ONE business only.
They are particularly looking to grow representation from French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers, as well as female entrepreneurs.
The programme is not open to research institutions, faith based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa. Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Business ideas must be for profit, and must be the original work of those making the submission.
Application

Applications are made through TEFConnect, the digital networking hub for the African entrepreneurship ecosystem, created by the Foundation.

Click here to apply.

For more information, visit TEF Entrepreneurship Programme.

Deadline: March 1, 2020

Source: https://www.jobly.com.ng/tony-elumelu-foundation-entrepreneurship-programme-2020/

Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by eghos24(m): 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please add me up. 07061927958
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by JerryQ: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
Jayshennel:

Your signature is not more going through

Send me an email then.
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Wizzy11111(m): 4:25am On Jan 04, 2020
08164636255....add me,thanks
Re: 2019, Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant Opens New Year Day by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Correct and Strategic Answers To TEEP 2020 Psychometric and Business Knowledge Aptitude and Cognitive Test by a TEF Alumni.

Before you start the application, look at all the things that have changed about this years grant application.

Really everything has changed.

It is no longer business as usual. The real Tony Elumelu Foundation $5,000 Grant competition has just begun. Only rugged entrepreneurs will make it to the finals.

By 1st of January, 2020:

1.You will apply through www.tefconnect.com; but no selection will be made at this point (unlike before that the winners will be announced after this first level)

2. Everyone that applied will undergo and online training and it will be marked (they don’t mark it before)

3. Successful entrepreneurs from the training will be selected to come and pitch their idea live (this is a new component of the programme. Many will be dropped at this stage and final winners will be announced.

4. They will attend the Entrepreneurship Forum

5. Do their Documentation and finally will receive the seed capital alert of $5000 USD.

6. They will be added to the Alumni Network.

The question is will you be among the selected few?

For strategic answers to psychometric and business Knowledge aptitude and cognitive test, help, guidance and support in scaling through to be amongst the selected few entrepreneurs, contact the E-Mail below.

E-Mail: usmanmusadiqoladimeji@gmail.com

Note: Please note, as a TEF Alumni, i don't do text messages, calls or WhatsApp, only E-MAILS!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make $100 Paypal Money Daily. Get A Free Business Paypal Account. / Portacabin Construction In Nigeria / Transportation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.